Sign in to follow this  
Luna

Display Input Failure

7 posts in this topic

So recently, I have been having a pretty major issue with some games. I will load them up, then my screen will turn all of the pixels off, flash the VGA input setting with black lighting, back to DVI, and then just turn off (monitor is still on, but no input). I was having this problem with Just Cause 2 (which runs on avalanche engine 2.0), and the only way I found to fix it was to delete my settings in documents. The game itself is still running and I am getting audio, just no display.

But now I just bought the Civ 5 complete edition, and I get this error if I try and run the DX 10/11 version of the game. It loads just fine using DX9, but I have no options for turning on AA (makes 1080p seem less shit). I tried looking on google for stuff, but I haven't seen anything that seems remotely close to this. Since it's now happening on two games it makes me think it is a GPU error of some kind. 
However, I have played many other DX11 games perfectly fine on this, just Deus Ex, Dragon Age, Ori and the Blind Forest and TW:3.

Thoughts/clues/guides/anything? Really sucks to have spent $50 on something that I can't play to the limits of my hardware.

So you want us to help you by turning on our crystal balls to determin what OS and GPU you are using? You know that crystal balls cost a pretty penny to run ... .

Next week maybe the numbers for the national lottery?

Edited by Folterknecht

Given the DX9 loads, DX10/11 no loads seems to be addressing an instruction set that is corrupted.  My first inclination would be to clean install your graphics driver to the latest version (Not the Windows update version, but from AMD/nVidia website).

update: reinstalled all nvidia drivers, it seems to work fine now. thx fam <3

Glad to be of assistance.