allenmark00

Are mid-tier mediums still viable?

42 posts in this topic

How do you enjoy the cloned Chinese tanks? I personally couldn't stand them.  I had nothing against the guns that were mounted on them however I just felt that why would I play a tank with worse alpha and gun depression when I could play the Russian version and get rid of all those weaknesses. This being said however, the Type T-34 was my first tier 5 and the Type 58 my first tier 6, so naturally when I first played them I was awful (to this day they both have the worst stats overall in my garage), so my opinion might be a tad jaded. 

Yeah I played those two recently. Still have Type 58 as I have yet to unlock both tier VIIs with it. I know there's slight differences from their Soviet counterparts, but in the end they play so similarly, and I'm not high enough skill to really feel the differences.  With the tier V particularly in practice I don't notice any difference between the Soviet and Chinese T-34's.  I guess the other thing is I'm not necessarily choosing to play one pair over the other, but that I've played them both and find them both enjoyable. 

How do you enjoy the cloned Chinese tanks? I personally couldn't stand them.  I had nothing against the guns that were mounted on them however I just felt that why would I play a tank with worse alpha and gun depression when I could play the Russian version and get rid of all those weaknesses. This being said however, the Type T-34 was my first tier 5 and the Type 58 my first tier 6, so naturally when I first played them I was awful (to this day they both have the worst stats overall in my garage), so my opinion might be a tad jaded. 

To be honest, I was indifferent to them until I got the M5A1 Stuart; which I promptly rage sold it after I Elited it (blame the scout MM). But that was probably before I started posting on WoTLabs, which places that era to late 2013 to late 2014. But after looking into the Chinese tree, I came back to it with the T-34 clones. I've never played an Russian medium besides the T-62A Sport. But I intend to get an U.S.S.R. med...eventually...

Couple of things OP:

-If you go to an amusement park and like rollercoasters/thrill rides, than stick with mediums.

-I'd recommend that your MM be larger than your xvm display of team composition, select it down to less data.

-If you have the Bromwell and are past the Cromwell, don't keep the Crommy.

The A-43 plays exactly like the T-34.  If you didn't like the T-34, you might not enjoy it.  Although I'm not sure why you wouldn't as the M7 and the Cromwell are very similar tanks in play.

More like the Type T-34. As with the 140/62A, that extra degree of depression you don't have is surprisingly noticeable.

As for the larger medium meta, the only area to avoid is the awkward puberty phase that usually happens between tiers 7 and 8. Every tier 6 medium I've touched thus far has been very usable, and the ones at tiers 9 and 10 get great firepower to play with. The only trouble with mediums in the low and mid tiers is that they tend to be clumsy things in practice. Most can't use a vertical stabilizer and have crappy spread values in any case. But that's not a bad price to pay in exchange for good mobility and DPM. If you can just catch someone with his pants down, he's circled toast.

And generally, the seal-clubbing meta is to out-crew your opponent rather than having a better machine than his. If you happen to have some 4-skill veterans hanging around, no better way to farm lulz than sticking them on a mid-tier machine with some speed and spanking anyone who doesn't see you coming.

As for the larger medium meta, the only area to avoid is the awkward puberty phase that usually happens between tiers 7 and 8. Every tier 6 medium I've touched thus far has been very usable, and the ones at tiers 9 and 10 get great firepower to play with. The only trouble with mediums in the low and mid tiers is that they tend to be clumsy things in practice. Most can't use a vertical stabilizer and have crappy spread values in any case. But that's not a bad price to pay in exchange for good mobility and DPM. If you can just catch someone with his pants down, he's circled toast.

And generally, the seal-clubbing meta is to out-crew your opponent rather than having a better machine than his. If you happen to have some 4-skill veterans hanging around, no better way to farm lulz than sticking them on a mid-tier machine with some speed and spanking anyone who doesn't see you coming.

4 skill bromwell crew so gud. though personally I love tier 8 meds. idk why they really are not very good

I guess you brought in on the point. You are fighting then with a good medium (t-34, T-34-85, Cromwell (B)) and a highly skilled crew against seals with less than 1000 battles of experience, unskilled crews and wrong equipment.

I use the chinese T-34 and just bought the 58 yesterday. For me they are trainers to practise medium play. Unfortunatly I'm a slow learner.

don't forget the M7 or E8....M7 has some great mobility and with a 3 skill crew is excellent in the right hands. I play it very much like the CromB (pew pew gun and little armour with good view range)

the M7 when top tier can be a force to reckon with

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/enroh-na-465e826bd5e8e5a4b873e2e360b5775c/ensk-usa-m7-7125506807384131

T-34 has made me a believer in stronk Russian tank comrade. ;)

tis a good tank no doubt about it but I just don't make it work as well as my M7 (if we are comparing t5s that is)...and I admit its probably me that doesn't make it work as well.

tis a good tank no doubt about it but I just don't make it work as well as my M7 (if we are comparing t5s that is)...and I admit its probably me that doesn't make it work as well.

I have yet to play the M7 so unable to comment intelligently. I have the T20 but don't yet play it as well as the T34. Have to admit grind to unlock the turret to mount the top gun on the T20 was a bit painful. It's funny how the gun from the E8 goes from being adequate to shit in one tier. lol

I have yet to play the M7 so unable to comment intelligently. I have the T20 but don't yet play it as well as the T34. Have to admit grind to unlock the turret to mount the top gun on the T20 was a bit painful. It's funny how the gun from the E8 goes from being adequate to shit in one tier. lol

T20 needs more DPM if you ask me. 

T20 needs more DPM if you ask me.

I think reducing the reload a smidge might do the trick. The time after a freak bounce or a derp shot seems to be an eternity. lol

T20 with more DPM would be broken. The tank is already incredible; it has just about everything except DPM & armour. The gun handling is very good, the penetration (especially with APCR) is incredible, the alpha is good, the tank is fast, stealthy, & has great view range. Gun depression is that usual great -10, etc. If you're having a problem with the vehicle, its almost always going to be because you're being overaggressive. The T20 needs to be played somewhat passively to really shine, otherwise you will definitely feel that poor DPM.

I love the tank to bits, it's just a bit expensive to run & has a problem supporting teams that fall apart almost immediately. The damage output makes the "ideal" T20 match a bit lengthier than other meds.

T20 with more DPM would be broken. The tank is already incredible; it has just about everything except DPM & armour. The gun handling is very good, the penetration (especially with APCR) is incredible, the alpha is good, the tank is fast, stealthy, & has great view range. Gun depression is that usual great -10, etc. If you're having a problem with the vehicle, its almost always going to be because you're being overaggressive. The T20 needs to be played somewhat passively to really shine, otherwise you will definitely feel that poor DPM.

I love the tank to bits, it's just a bit expensive to run & has a problem supporting teams that fall apart almost immediately. The damage output makes the "ideal" T20 match a bit lengthier than other meds.

Granted I've only got 40 something games in the T20 but the bolded parts make a shit ton of sense to me now. I love these 'Ah ha!' moments. Thanks Rexxie!

Edited by Rodrigopine

thanks Rexxie...and in pubs a melty team is 5/10 times *lol*