koel76

Extra gold upon purchase? {EU}

35 posts in this topic

Has been fixed...still interesting to see who got it, I personally didn't - but I don't care. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/530163-bonus-gold-for-buying-gold-what/#topmost

"Bundle you purchased: "Jackpot!"
Bundle cost: 73.90 GBP

In addition, you'll receive a bonus: 30393 gold

Thanks for the heads up guys, we are looking into the matter and will let you know what exactly is happening when we can.

As a measure of caution I would recommend not to spend this extra gold until we have clarified matters!

-(WG RESPONSE)-

So as it stands, WGEU has a couple of options( I can't wait until news reaches Wargaming RU about this "offer"):

1.) Remove the gold from everyone who did get it, deal with refunds of everyone who bought gold because of this.
2.) Leave the gold for everyone who got it, deal with refunds from people who did not get it.
3.) Give everyone who purchased the bonus gold, do not deal with refunds but backlash to others who weren't able to profit from this "special"
4.) MOAR FREE GOLD

This will certainly turn out to be an interesting development, after all - there's very few options WG has that will not result in people being disappointed with them or having people refund their purchases.

Edited by koel76

Wow, seems like someone at the WGEU HQ pressed the wrong button.

I personally don't care, whoever bought gold and got a bonus should keep it. They should not make it even more complicated.

Wow, seems like someone at the WGEU HQ pressed the wrong button.

I personally don't care, whoever bought gold and got a bonus should keep it. They should not make it even more complicated.

AW is releasing tomorrow, this certainly did not happen at the right time for them. Also, why are you in kitty/ how much did they bribe you?

AW is releasing tomorrow, this certainly did not happen at the right time for them. Also, why are you in kitty/ how much did they bribe you?

They gave me two pussies for the price of one.

Whelp it is currently kind of borked on NA server as well.

I bought the 10 mill credits 10k gold package via Paypal and also got the 25k gold bonus. So yeah...$200 worth of stuff for $100

So I really hope they don't take the gold back as I imagine a lot of people would be pissed.

OfbOfOk.jpg

The urge to spend it all so they can't is high.

Edited by Razavn

I bought the 10 mill credits 10k gold package via Paypal and also got the 25k gold bonus. So yeah...$200 worth of stuff for $100

So I really hope they don't take the gold back as I imagine a lot of people would be pissed.

OfbOfOk.jpg

Indeed. Clanmate of mine just mentioned that ESL had accidentally paid him double the prize money and WG blocked his account until he would pay the difference. Anyway I doubt they'd do that this time as that's only a single case, now we have a situation which affects three whole different servers (EU, SEA and NA form what I've read).

I should have bought a bigger bundle, was a cheapass only got 2.5k + 2.5k bonus.

Purchased CDC right away, I don't think they'll be able to take it back this way. I don't get their bonus calculation fuck up, some people got 200% more with bundles.

I got the Jackpot bundle too:

shot 044

Really really really hope they don't take the bonus 30k gold away - its the only reason I bought the bundle in the first place.

Seriously though, someone at WG had to add the text "In addition, you'll receive...." to the email, set the amounts and basically made the whole thing possible so I find it hard to believe someone accidentally "pushed a button". With AW open beta out tomorrow, and it was accidental, they must know any action where the players come off worse will surely see them lose [further] faith in WG and head off to AW.

If I had the free xp to spend it on, I'd spend it all. Time to go get 20 years worth of prem time instead :doge: 

Edit: spent it on a 112 and a STA-2. Tenks for the free tenks, wg :rngfu:

Edited by Zezti

best case - everybody gets some free gold for equality reasons

good case - everyone who got bonus gets to keep it without issue

bad case - people lose the gold and tanks they bought

worst case - people who bought gold and got bonus get their accs locked until they pay the difference

nearly forgot one

absolute best case - WG tries to sue people who got bonus, EU court turns around like "lol no ruskies", all those in charge get fined and fired from WG, serb becomes a stripper, new management comes in and the game gets developed in ways we have only dreamed of (arty removed/reworked, all new maps made they actually are good, gold shells reworked) and we all die in orgasmic tank happiness.

2.) Leave the gold for everyone who got it, deal with refunds from people who did not get it.
3.) Give everyone who purchased the bonus gold, do not deal with refunds but backlash to others who weren't able to profit from this "special"
4.) MOAR FREE GOLD

:serb:

absolute best case - WG tries to sue people who got bonus, EU court turns around like "lol no ruskies", all those in charge get fined and fired from WG, serb becomes a stripper, new management comes in and the game gets developed in ways we have only dreamed of (arty removed/reworked, all new maps made they actually are good, gold shells reworked) and we all die in orgasmic tank happiness.

Reading your 'options' 

ppl on NA buy gold ? Thought u get 200k for free over there when u create an account. If ppl can just keep their bonuses fine, ima say fu just as I said fu to sum fwends of mine who all got the top founders pack for free. ( Rather to my.com who made such a giveaway ) :rabble:

Does this work still?

Sadly not,  my dear subklanu m8. The storm on the official forums is real tho.

Well there "shouldn't" be a shitstorm. It was a mistake and they fixed it.

Unless they are going in and removing the extra gold, than I can see people being unhappy about it.

A friend was asking actually, I don't need it cause I still have 12kish left.

Well there "shouldn't" be a shitstorm. It was a mistake and they fixed it.

Unless they are going in and removing the extra gold, than I can see people being unhappy about it.

Well lets just say that people are debating on the possible choices for now. Will see how big of a PR disaster WG makes this one and the storm after that.

This is WG we're talking about.  I'd be shocked if they didn't remove the gold and locked people's account who didn't have the gold any more.  Honestly it would blow my mind if they didn't do this (not that I want them to).

This is WG we're talking about.  I'd be shocked if they didn't remove the gold and locked people's account who didn't have the gold any more.  Honestly it would blow my mind if they didn't do this (not that I want them to).

i expect this to happen.

OfbOfOk.jpg

Why would people be pissed?  They got something they shouldn't have and WG would be taking it back.  <_<

bad case - people lose the gold and tanks they bought

worst case - people who bought gold and got bonus get their accs locked until they pay the difference

These are what should happen.  It's clearly a mistake on WG's part.  This is no different than a bank accidentally depositing $100k into your account.  If you spend it when you clearly shouldn't have that money, you're on the hook for it because you consciously did something to it.

Fuck this playerbase is idiotic.