FeeTFooD

AW Wotlabs-SEA clam?

AW SEA Clam?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should we form one?

130 posts in this topic

Sorry about that tone, I meant it to be light hearted and satirical but came out the wrong way.

As there is currently no reason to be competitive in AW, especially while stuff still needs to be implemented/balanced/optimised, joining up with other clans is a little  redundant at the moment.

However when clan functionality is increased and competitions, I don't see why we shouldn't approach other clans for a merger. 

25 minutes ago, FeeTFooD said:

Also apologies for my earlier post, I had just lost a series of games in AW and was grumpy as hell. I'm a 49% scrub atm:(

It's ok feet. We thank Revan

1 hour ago, FeeTFooD said:

Sorry about that tone, I meant it to be light hearted and satirical but came out the wrong way.

As there is currently no reason to be competitive in AW, especially while stuff still needs to be implemented/balanced/optimised, joining up with other clans is a little  redundant at the moment.

However when clan functionality is increased and competitions, I don't see why we shouldn't approach other clans for a merger. 

Maybe my mistake was posting it in this thread instead of somewhere else, although I did try to specify in the 2nd sentence that I wasn't directing it at you or any particular person, was just a generic thought about the small oceanic community being split among a bunch of small clans with 20ish players when it would be more ideal to have 2 or 3 clans with a larger number of active players.

True the game isn't in competition mode yet, however with PvE platoons allowing up to 5 players, larger clans would be more beneficial for efficient grinding and concentrating what little community we have into a few locations instead of dispersed among multiple clans.

It was probably more directed at the commanders of existing WoT clans trying to recreate what they had in WoT in AW but without the numbers to support it, guys like Hilly and Deerhunter666 want to keep control of their small pieces of territory instead of looking at the bigger picture and considering what is better for the fledgling ANZ AW community going forward. Maybe I'm wrong and in time the game will grow and there will be enough players incoming to fill all of the clans that people are creating.

Apparently I've overstepped some boundary so if people aren't receptive, then let's just forget I brought it up.

It's a good point. But i really dont see it happening for a number a reasons.

The biggest hurdle would be who gets control and player compatability. Elitism is real, as is playing4fun and the 2 don't usually mix.

Plus I really cannot see any Au/NZ battalion being in the upper echelon when the game does go competative. We just don't have the depth of talent.

Yeah wasn't really talking about being competitive, timezone problems alone may end up preventing that, was more about having a large group of players for "playing4fun" Having 100 players in a clan with 30 or so online beats 30 players in the clan with 5-10 online when it comes to putting plats together and playing4fun.

But yes player compatibility and who gets to be the chief are the big issues, personally I've always been happy being an indian, but unfortunately there tends to be quite a few that insist on being a chief. (NOT FUCKING DIRECTED AT YOU FEET! :sunbro:)

I agree with Cronk, but I think the main problem is going to be people trying to play both WoT and AW clan wars at the same time and that is not going to work well. 

Feet

Player "ohbiggy" in game asked if he could join ID10T. Since we're just a group of folks that wanna plat, I don't see why not. Can you send him an invitation?

In relation to the whole clan structure and the reason for setting it up, the idea was basically for those of us that hang out here on wotlabs.

I don't think it was ever created to be the basis of a competative clan, however until we discover the end game and clan structure of AW, we'll just wait and see. Perhaps we'll be better than we think, or suck hard.

19 hours ago, JOC469 said:

I thought the aim was just to make it easier to find some (hopefully) less shit players in game.

Yeah that too.

Although i fall into the shit players at the moment, because i am just playing 4 fun.......

PANZA have formed on AW but not too many online at the moment usually only me, shaper and leahy.

I stay away for PvP as it sucks playing it solo as they are all worse than me and grinding the tank lines on PvP, takes longer to get some of the progress but its a lot less stressful

And JOC I have sent you a PM about your request

Cent you're welcome to join ID10T if you want. Seeing as it's AW and not WoT I'm sure the other guys won't give you shit about being a WoT mod

Could you flick me an invite feet? IGN Pryofox. Touch dyslexic signup day.