jmolvar10

Tier 10 is my highest tier of performance

tier 10 is actually easiest tier  

45 members have voted

1. 1. tier 10 is actually easiest tier

• tier 10 easiest tier for a good win rate
    • tier 10 hardest tier for a good win rate

Question

Recently i have been getting  better at world of tanks. But just to day i was criticized by a guy with a 52% win rate for being a noob. He had a 48% win rate at tier 10 but he is better in the lower tiers. Even though my account win rate is 46% my win rate at tier 10 is 54% after 140 battles. Lots of people say master the lower tiers than move up to tier 10. But I found that i am far better in tier 10 even though I am playing against good players. I am far worse at the lower tiers playing against bad players. How is this possible? Also people say you are bad at the lower tiers, just wait till you get to tier 10 you will suck.

Leopard(tier 5): 342 avg  wn8 bad.  Vk 28.01:  310 avg wn8 bad.  Ausf panther: 368 avg wn8 bad.  Ru 251: 769 avg wn8 avarage.  Leopard pta: 1051 avg wn8 above avarage.   Leopard 1: 1616 avg wn8 very good

8 answers to this question

Jmolvar10, you are basically comparing tier 8 scouts (where most people are bad anyway) with a regular tier 10. Carrying games with scouts is much more difficult than with mediums etc.. They fill not the same rolls, hence they cannot be compared.

Your 140 matches carry roughly an uncertainty of 11 games. If I apply a standard distribution about 50%, all games within 59 and 81 would be viable. Consequently there is no visible impact of your playstyle on the results at all. 

Sorry to destroy your illusions for the moment. Bring a better statistical base (i.e. more games), perhaps there will be something visible... 

Edited by Goetterwind
Missing words

Performance in light tanks is often both poor and ignorable, which is why you saw a large performance boost as soon as you hit the Leopard Prototype at tier nine. Its also important to remember that you're probably a better player now than you were when you were still grinding your VK28.01. In most other tanks you seem to be hovering between yellow and light green, so it's not quite as drastic as it was in your lights.

As for why someone might be better at tier 10:

• Passive players, or those with limited aggression, will feel much more at home in the slow-paced T10 meta.
  • Players who often play low pen tanks earlier and/or do not use much gold will be rewarded by the very high penetration of T10 guns.
  • Players who rely on their teammates to succeed will be let down (slightly) less often in T10.
  • Perhaps that t10 tank just clicks with the user. In your case, where you only own a single T10, it may be more the case that you are good at the Leo than you being good at T10.

There are quite a lot of people who are more at home with tier 10 than other tiers, but they are usually very good players, not average ones like yourself. So, congratulations on being unique! I'm glad you like your Leo.

I'd like to throw in the obligatory note of caution about using WN8 to judge and compare individual tanks' performance. Comparing WN8 across tanks of various tiers and classes is not what the metric was designed for, and can be quite misleading due to varying expected values. Instead I'd use a combination of WR, DPG and tank-specific metrics (e.g. assisted damage for LTs and perhaps MTs, armor utilization for superheavies and heavy TDs) etc. to get a better picture of how one is doing in a certain tank.

Having said that, those WN8s are far enough from each other that they may at least suggest a trend.

You compared Scouts with Meds. Sure thing there will me huge differences. Either way the Scouts will end up with huge WN8 or in this case with almost nothing. All depends on how you drive lights. Some people are actually trying to scout with them and rely on spotting dmg. But spotting dmg is the worst for WN8 cause it is not in the calculation. Others just go full Premium and go as dmg dealer and enjoy huge WN8 numbers.

The T5 light was one of the worst Tanks I had in my statistics because I drove it as scout only. Hardly did any dmg with the 5cm back in the days. After I rebought it and went for the new autocanon my average was 5-6k WN8. Needles to say I went from scouting to dmg dealing.

To answer your question. For me T10 is one of the easiest levels. I just dont have to deal with being lowtier anymore. Therefore I have to rely less on my muppet teammates.

I agree with what Ziddy said, however to expand on that playing light tanks is usually a poor judge of skill because their expected values are ridiculous and their guns are usually unreliable and have mediocre/poor pen for the tanks they usually fight. So, looking at the stats for your leo, you have a 78% hit percentage, which is really really good. As ziddy said people who take the time to aim will be rewarded at higher tiers because of the high penetration guns, the leo has (iirc) 270 mm of penetration. But great job on doing so well in a tank that most purples really don't like!

As far as being called a noob, this is going to happen all the time. I still get called a noob, by players who are both better and worse than me stats wise. And honestly, don't worry too much about stats very few people (at least here) trust wn8 as an accurate measure of skill anymore.

The easiest tier for getting a high winrate is whatever tier your purple buddies are willing to platoon.

Solo, the general rule is that higher tiers are harder. However, if you're far from the average then the tier influence also has an impact. Tier 9 and 10 tanks have relatively high matchmaking influence, so a really good player (superuni+) can get higher solo winrates at tier 10 than in some standard tier 8s.

WN8's tier adjustment is much better than its tank adjustment, for what that's worth.

Everyone else covered the OP-specific points pretty well:

• Light tanks are an acquired taste.
  • Some players are better suited to higher tiers.
  • OP probably improved a lot recently.
  • 160 games is a very small sample for winrate.

For me its tier 9. If platooned though, the tier doesn't matter. 

When driving m46/e75/e50/t54, now buffed conq. and even tanks like 30p its way easier to carry, since if you are top tier the difference between you and t7-8 is huge but you still have enough tools to deal with t10s. t10 adds to many power creep BS like uk tds, wtfe100's and t10 cancer which can chunk a lot of your team's HP in very short amount of time, leading to snow ball effects or preventing 5 allied tanks to push, because there is a single deathstar on the corner waiting.. in t9 you face far less of them and most of vehicles are very capable, all listed above are pretty much OP imo with decent amount of prem. ammo load outs.

Usually, the higher the tier, the higher the skill of allies/enemies, since it takes the longest time/experience to get there in the first place. But because of present state of power creep sh*t it limits your abilities way to much, thus t9, at least for me, even if t10 is not less fun to play.

The cool thing about soloing in T10 is that you're never outclassed by being mid or bottom tier, which helps keep WR more consistent, to be honest I think soloing T9 is the best for maxing WR because a T9 isn't really outclassed in a T10 game you just have a little less HP, and they eat 7's and 8's alive.