Rexxie

ST-I Appreciation Thread

108 posts in this topic

Totally not made because a certain someone was too embarrassed to make the topic!

Didn't see a recent thread to discuss it in, so here we go! Talk about what its like to have one of the best turrets in the game at tier 9, good gun depression, armor, and excellent penetration!

Researched:
ST-I researched. Undistributed experience spent: 0. Free Experience spent: 166,000. 

I am a lazy man.

If I wasn't shit at credit income, maybe I'd get one. :disco:

Looks fun though

If the KV-4 wasn't in the way, i would totally get one.

Too bad im so poor.

It might have been just me, but this thing was a turd after playing the IS-4 a ton.

Never could get myself to play the KV4 and get this thing... maybe this is what I'll do in Domination, finally

Being a primarily heavy player, I need to get this. It is one of the few heavies left that still grab my attention (not grinding 113 lel), even though i'm almost 100% sure 75 will still be my bby. The turret on STI is awesome and the hatch is quite hard to hit, plus sidescraping ability

ST-I is bae. I sold it for IS-4 tho

Where the hell should I shoot this tank to flat out eliminate any troll bounces from sides?

I bounce more shots on this tanks sides if it's even the slightest angled than an IS-7 and the only really reliable pen is the LFP which almost seems WZ-111 weak because I pen it at close to autobounce angles which is weird

shouldn't the tank be the absolutely strongest frontally?

I personally thought it was a slow peice of shit back when I played it (it was a while ago though)

slow and very maneuverable compared to the e75, lower plate is really bad, upper plate isnt that good either, dispersion sucks

also

_stop_camping_tm_ clickclick

Where the hell should I shoot this tank to flat out eliminate any troll bounces from sides?

I bounce more shots on this tanks sides if it's even the slightest angled than an IS-7 and the only really reliable pen is the LFP which almost seems WZ-111 weak because I pen it at close to autobounce angles which is weird

shouldn't the tank be the absolutely strongest frontally?

Say hi to 14 centimetres of sloped stalinium sides. Like the IS-6, KV-1, KV4, T-150, this one has the same nominal thickness for front and sides. How they manage to pack that much armour and still end up under 60 tonnes is utterly beyond me.

I love mine. And the only tank I really did mind on the grind to it was the KV-4 (which I partially free-exped in rage).

I try to shoot the last two thirds of the turret from the side:

ST-I_Side.jpg

Totally not made because a certain someone was too embarrassed to make the topic!

Didn't see a recent thread to discuss it in, so here we go! Talk about what its like to have one of the best turrets in the game at tier 9, good gun depression, armor, and excellent penetration!

Screenshotted and reported, you inbread ... kid.

:doge:

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/14859-st-i-no-wait-st-l-topic-stone/

ST-I is bae. I sold it for IS-4 tho

^ 0ragrets

This tank is love. I sold it back in the day before getting my IS4. I regretted it immediately!
It was one of my best performing tanks in the stats back when I was green and it was the only tank I could pull 1k+ avg exp. I bought it back fairly recently to use it for some of the HT missions (namely HT-12: Sturdy armour). I managed to get the stats a bit higher now, it's still one of my best tanks.

I find it to be much more reliable than the E75, expecially for rhe far better turret. With the ST-I I know I can reliably sit hull down in front of pretty much everything except T10 TDs with minimal wiggling involved. The E75 cupola on the other hand is much weaker and makes me uncomfortable even when sidescraping.
This tank imo definetly packs the best armour in tier (if we exclude the T95). It's slow and fairly big, but it is one of the best tanks to hold a flank with. I had plenty of games where I could stop an army with this thing alone. It is also therefore a great solo tank to play, since it has the armour to make a great difference on the battlefield. While it lacks mobility, it makes up for it with its other characteritics.

Definetly a keeper!

Screenshotted and reported, you inbread ... kid.

blackhorse confirmed best meme 

meh
will spam t8 skirmish to get thru KV4.
never gonna spend any fe that things just bae,

that one tank you have to grind to get the real beast,just like how you have to do KT to get E75.

I sold it...

What waste I sold it...

I send 5 crews (2 loaders) into scumbag arty, who know every clans need it or not

Have it and like it. But I still have to figure out how to play it well.

I'd appreciate a better ammo rack and a better ability to take on enemies from the side >.>

Can confirm, ST-I guud, ties with E75 for best tier 9 heavy, apart from the pityfull turning speed it has no real cons

Can confirm, ST-I guud, ties with E75 for best tier 9 heavy, apart from the pityfull turning speed it has no real cons

except its ammo rack is more susceptible to exploding than radical islam