TheMarine0341

Marine's Simple Replays

166 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Many of you already know me, but here's a quick rundown.

I'll never be one to pump out 3 MOE's on my tanks. Im just not capable of shitting out huge amounts of damage across several battles in a row. Part of that is my play-style. Im more comfortable in a positioning engagement, than I am in a fast-twitch brawl. This can limit my ability to earn those 3 marks. Its good enough to get two, which I have on most of my tier 8+ tanks which I play a lot.
Apart from turreted TD's which Im just learning how to play, I feel like I play all classes of tanks well enough and consistently enough.
I play tier 5+, and will post replays across tiers 5 to 10.
I stream from time to time, and will upload highlights to YouTube with commentary, or will record and post replays with commentary as well.
From time to time I will do a replay pack of a specific tank. I did that last really a year ago when I did a 20 game each tier 10 challenge, with the BatChat highlighting that challenge while doing an average of 4k+ DPG across 20 games, and all of my other tier 10's well over 3k DPG.
Right now, Im doing a "Padding" challenge, which means Im attempting to stay interested enough in playing well enough to get my recent over 3.5k WN8 and keeping over 65% recent WR, almost all solo and playing tier 8+ tanks. This means a lot of E50/M, BatChat, T55A, AMX 30p, IS7, CDC and my guilty pleasures, the T-34 (Tier 5 RU) and ELC AXM.

Recent T-34 highlight from my stream

Recording a replay with Commentary

Current Favorite tanks in each tier
5: T-34, ELC
6: T-37, Bromwell, M44
7: E-25
8: Jp2, CDC, 13-90, learning to love the IS3 again
9: T55A, AMX 30p, VK-4502B, E50, M53/55
10: BatChat, AMX 50B, E50M, Leo1

Sad Fact: I do better in the T55A than I ever did in the 140, 62A, and T-54. Like, my DPG in the 55A is about 2800, while my 140/62A is around 2100-2300, and T-54 is just above 1750... Do not come here for RU Wedge replays

I also watch these guys, specifically just to learn.

Poltto
Xena
BigCheese256

Probably the most influential is @BigCheese256, whom I wish would be more active in these forums. His content is superb

Great content from my WoT spirit animal and fellow PTA appreciator - thanks Marine! 

*looks around.

:fat::music:

rbGmPpx.gif

I'll be taking my seat here since my go to RELIC RECRUITMENT THREAD IS DEAD!!!!!

Its only dead when you finally stop platooning with me... speaking of, where the hell have you been?

Hopefully tonight I can get some [email protected] replays to Poast! My stream from last night is for some reason broken up into 1:16 long segments, and thats not cool

Bottom tier action: STA1 on Fisherman's Bay, tier 10.

Work the mid to start, taking shots of opportunity. Keep myself out of the focus, while flexing to get vision. Luck track shot on the 268 seals the win

Very Nice E50 Battle on Overlord, and I want to guess that @PumpkinSpiceLuna is playing the E50 again as 1399 base EXP without prem was a mere 1st class!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2244166#stats

I initially decide to work the east, and realize that this current deployment is not going to win us the fight. Re-Deploy to the 3-5 lines, and work this side until sealing the win, 15-14. 

Another solid battle, this time with @Valachio and @Sublimebanana in their T62A's. They certainly do their part, earning a Crucial Contribution and Top-Guns both. I was very mindful of my HP, which in the end allowed me to take the hits while Valachio sealed the win.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2244175#stats

I'll upload both to YouTube and add to this post

Platooned with @sr360 and @Shifty_101st in this WZ131 battle, had a bit of fun circle jerking a STI. Listen to them complain about AW/WOT!

Prior to that battle, I was streaming solo and sent an in-game invite to Shifty. Too bad I had to carry his ass

I'm looking forward to CDC videos. I wanna see why you like it when so many others here seem to find it just frustrating. 

31 minutes ago, Tarski said:

I'm looking forward to CDC videos. I wanna see why you like it when so many others here seem to find it just frustrating. 

I'll certainly get some out for you. Did play 1 CDC game last night, but I was VERY bottom tier (I think Shifty and I were the only 8's) on Serene Coast vs mostly tier 10 HTs. Wasn't the most pleasant of games

On 10/27/2015, 3:13:17, TheMarine0341 said:

Probably the most influential is @BigCheese256, whom I wish would be more active in these forums. His content is superb

I watch him as well, but his 3rd person shooting makes me vomit. 

3 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

I watch him as well, but his 3rd person shooting makes me vomit. 

What those kind of shots really enforce with me, especially with his mediums, is his ability to minimize exposure. Its certainly not for everyone, but he uses it more than most

On 29/10/2015, 19:01:54, TheMarine0341 said:

Very Nice E50 Battle on Overlord, and I want to guess that @PumpkinSpiceLuna is playing the E50 again as 1399 base EXP without prem was a mere 1st class!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2244166#stats

I initially decide to work the east, and realize that this current deployment is not going to win us the fight. Re-Deploy to the 3-5 lines, and work this side until sealing the win, 15-14. 

Another solid battle, this time with @Valachio and @Sublimebanana in their T62A's. They certainly do their part, earning a Crucial Contribution and Top-Guns both. I was very mindful of my HP, which in the end allowed me to take the hits while Valachio sealed the win.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2244175#stats

I'll upload both to YouTube and add to this post

Bro that carry was sick haha

Your extra hp near the end of game made a huge difference

Learning to Non-Turreted TDs

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2248864#ruinberg-marine-jagdpanther_ii
http://wotreplays.eu/site/2248862#murovanka-marine-isu-152

Nothing super special, but I'll take it. Again, case-mate TD's are a foreign child to me, still not completely comfortable with their deployment but Im getting a better feel of it

The RAGE of the AP M53/55

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2248861#mountain_pass-marine-m53_m55

Poor camping E100 and E75... they didnt have a chance... Rolled for 1600+ with the AP on the E100, and 1500+ on the E75. Finished the game in style, shotgunning an IS4 and then attempting to sui-bomb a 40/43 attempting to suicide himself. Was glorious

Very run of the mill T55A Battle

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2248871#erlenberg-marine-t_55a

A lot of un-needed HEAT, but I'd fire more given the chance. This tank is fun, this tank is a delight, this tank is amazing

These are the only 4 battles I played tonight, but won 100% and 4.5k WN8 for the evening

Marine, tnx for starting to share. Can I ask you to take inspiration from Poltto and put out a little map
with tank specific play from time to time?
Keep them coming

@LemmingRush asked why I liked playing the middle road on Ruinberg from the North Spawn. Perfect example of such! Took me about 6 battles to find my stride, playing just premium tanks and this was the latest of that session. Also, completed HT15-1 with it with honors, netting me 450k extra credits. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2249793#winterberg-marine-is-5_object_730

On 11/1/2015, 4:02:08, ProxyCentauri said:

Marine, tnx for starting to share. Can I ask you to take inspiration from Poltto and put out a little map
with tank specific play from time to time?
Keep them coming

Honestly, I used to want this too. But, the more I play and learn, it's better to share where NOT to go. You can take any tank into nearly any situation, and if you play very carefully you'll come out ahead. For example, @X3N4 has told others to nut the fuck up, and brawl in the 1-5 side on Ensk with tanks such as the Leo 1 as this is where the map is won. Instead, look at something like VBAddict's Heat-Maps and see where the fighting is, and where the fighting win's the map. Look to position your tank in a such a manner to take advantage of this area to enable a win

I might have fooled you with my bad language :) I ment a catalogue with games dedicated to one specific tank,
not where to go on maps(maps like catalogues not maps like maps :) ).
Like Poltto does with his T-62 and Leo

Gotcha. Yes, I can certainly do that. Its been a while since Ive done a tank specific pack, but I certainly can do so. It'll probably be a couple sets of 5 game packs

53 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Honestly, I used to want this too. But, the more I play and learn, it's better to share where NOT to go. You can take any tank into nearly any situation, and if you play very carefully you'll come out ahead. For example, @X3N4 has told others to nut the fuck up, and brawl in the 1-5 side on Ensk with tanks such as the Leo 1 as this is where the map is won. Instead, look at something like VBAddict's Heat-Maps and see where the fighting is, and where the fighting win's the map. Look to position your tank in a such a manner to take advantage of this area to enable a win

You know, one of the things that Garbad once said has stuck with me as I keep playing this game

"It is better for the wrong tank to do the right thing, than the right tank doing the wrong thing."

Those who toon with me will notice I try to always contest the key map spots, regardless of tanks. This results in spectacular potato games as my tier 7 Comet gets overrun by 3 tier 9 mediums (while our WZ-120 complains "that spot is too hilly for me"), but keeping your tank in a critical spot, even if it's not the best tank for that spot, and keeping your gun hot wins you games you might otherwise lose.

@ProxyCentauri

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0mep5s6f41fp4y9/AAAvDb_9NSDMJzyiD_ojD_Cva?dl=0

T57H
TSofkca.jpg

Not a great session. Ok damage, but I had issues securing kills. 
South Coast: Fuck this map with a hot Iron. Get some good early shots, and the run by the T49 confirms that its a beach push. Setup to stem the tide, and even though their entire heavy force went that way, my team lost the rest of the map. GG

Erlenberg. Simple: I stayed too long to try and farm a MAUS by about a full clip too long. That cost me at minimum 1k DPG, if not more. 

Firey Sailient: 3 arty. Team camps in back. No meds get vision. Glad I broke 2.3k

Abbey: FOCH 155 kept cock blocking me... and I yolo for some damage at the end and die. Sure, hang back and get more damage but I started to go tilt.

Mines: Get some good early damage, see team giving up cap. Do what I can to help win, but team melts fast

Swamp: Simply make a bad call to return to base to secure the win, and I ended up not being needed. Cost me a lot of damage

Havent played this tank in a while apart from CW, and this was my first tier 10. Overall, Im "ok" with the DPG being just over 3k, but with I had a hard time positioning with it again and need to adjust it. This will be the tank I play this week. My goals by Friday are at least 3.5k DPG, 60% WR over however many battles I play, and earning my second MOE. 

Setup
Equipment: VStab, GLD, Vents
Ammo: 16 AP, 20 HEAT
Crew skills: 487%

8 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Honestly, I used to want this too. But, the more I play and learn, it's better to share where NOT to go.

Amen.  I'd love to hear more about that.  Also WHEN to take those spots in the map.  Thanks to Zeven and Valachio, I think I know all the key spots in most maps.  My biggest problem is thinking that spot solves everything.  It doesn't if you don't play it right (e.g., get there too soon and get blapped alone).  With Zeven off doing AW stuff I have the time to catch up on other material so keep the replays coming!

18 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Gotcha. Yes, I can certainly do that. Its been a while since Ive done a tank specific pack, but I certainly can do so. It'll probably be a couple sets of 5 game packs

Very nice if you do it because I know you among other things have become a great fascist box tanker :P.
That game on overlord was a good example where I know I most probably would have messed it up against that
t28 prot :) 
I agree totally with you that 'go this and there on that map in that tonk' is too big a generalization. 
sweet game also with Valachio in T-55:thumbup:
+1 boss

17 hours ago, predavolk said:

Amen.  I'd love to hear more about that.  Also WHEN to take those spots in the map.  Thanks to Zeven and Valachio, I think I know all the key spots in most maps.  My biggest problem is thinking that spot solves everything.  It doesn't if you don't play it right (e.g., get there too soon and get blapped alone).  With Zeven off doing AW stuff I have the time to catch up on other material so keep the replays coming!

First example: Map is Ensk

Yes, you can get early damage and at times, have a monster damage game playing the rail tracks. But, don't believe for a second that this will consistently win you the map. Its simply too easy to get locked down in that area, and lose all of your HP trying to get out when the shit goes bad. The map lives and dies by whomever wins the brawl most often in the 1-4 lines. Especially from the south, theres bushes to use and abuse to get some "safe" damage, and makes for a good opportunity to learn how to properly time pokes in a MT. Field can be important, but nothing is more important in standard mode than to win the brawl

*Edit* I have a great replay showing this as well: Panther 8.8, north spawn on Ensk in a tier 10 battle. Posting this to remind myself to post it shortly once Im off work

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2254354#ensk-marine-panther_mit_8_8_cm_l_71

6 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Very nice if you do it because I know you among other things have become a great fascist box tanker :P.
That game on overlord was a good example where I know I most probably would have messed it up against that
t28 prot :) 
I agree totally with you that 'go this and there on that map in that tonk' is too big a generalization. 
sweet game also with Valachio in T-55:thumbup:
+1 boss

Thanks!

We all know WN8 is a TRUE measure of Skill

RH4afau.jpg

So, here's what I did. The bottom 5 battles are all with the 100mm. Top 5 with the 85mm. The highlight of the series is indeed my first battle then, 1455 base EXP on Ruinberg with the 100mm. This was a mastery, and a High Caliber in a tier 9 battle! But, many of these battles are on corridor maps. So, WILD swings in damage output. However, I need to average just more than 2k combined to earn my 3rd Mark. This session was 2616 combined. Not bad

From bottom to top breakdown
Ruinberg: The highlight of the session
Live Oaks: Played mid, and both flanks melt. Flex around and try to stay in position to support
Ensk: Tier 10 battle, and we were down 6 tanks in the first 3 minutes. Sucked
Airfield: Take a huge hit from a team-mate. Again, not a great map when the enemy is aggressive while most of your tier 10s camp on the back
Kharkov: Nice clean-up to pick up some damage
Windstorm: I played horrible, and again take a VERY high roll from a team-mate. 
Abbey: I go tilt, make a DUMBASS play
Malinovka: Encounter. Good initial run, and a good second run picking up 2k+ spotting. YOLO for some damage.

I felt the tilt coming though, so I took a break

Ruinberg: For some reason, I play this map relatively well in scouts. However, enemy just had too much HP at the end and I was out of HEAT
Sand River: Sigh. Team melted. I got some damage and spotting. Wasnt great.

First Ruinberg Battle with 100mm: http://wotreplays.eu/site/2256426#ruinberg-marine-wz-131
Last Ruinberg Battle with 85mm: http://wotreplays.eu/site/2256428#ruinberg-marine-wz-131

Oh, and how the fuck does @Kolni drop WN8 while playing scout missions?!?!?!

Initial impressions after playing the 100mm, really for the first time. If you play your scouts more like a soft medium on a corridor map, its certainly viable. But, if it's an "open" map rotation the 85mm is clearly the one you want. The 100mm can certainly spike like mad, though.