monjardin

leKpz M 41 90 mm (tier 8 light)

329 posts in this topic

28889_original.jpg

This is a Walker Bulldog with a 90mm gun planned for the German tech tree. Interesting...

These are supertest stats:

HP: 900
Engine: 500 hp
Mass: 23,5 t
Power-To-Weight: 21,28 hp / t
Max speed: 72,4 / 24 km / h
Hull turning speed: 54 °/s
Turret turning speed: 52,1 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,575 / 0,671 / 1,151
View range: 400 m
Radio range: 745 m

Hull armor: 25,4 / 25,4 / ? mm
Turret armor: 25,4 / 25,4 / ? mm

Alpha Damage: 240 / 240 / 320
Penetration: 170 / 206 / 102 mm
Rate Of Fire: 8,69
Damage Per Minute: 2085,7
Reload time: 6,904 s
Accuracy: 0,384
Aiming time: 2,21 s
Depression/Elevation: -8 / +17

002.jpg

Edited by sr360

Looks good, should be able to get a sub 6 second reload with that, ok gun handling, shell velocity a little low but has that high pen HE like the RU. 

102mm HE pen is interesting, considering its one of the few tanks with Battle Tier 8 to have this high of HE pen.

Well, the chassis is a slightly worse version of the Bulldog (lower HP/ton, slightly worse terrain resistance). The gun handling is nearly the same as the SP1C, but I haven't played that to really know how it feels. It's significantly worse than the LTTB though and that always felt on the edge of being quite bad. The HEAT round is utter trash (even the 210 HEAT on the bulldog/T71 is hardly worth firing). Theoretical DPM is nothing great and practical DPM with gun handling/pen concerns is underwhelming.

Overall it looks pretty mediocre to me. A large profile that loses some of the mobility that makes the bulldog so nice to drive, a derpy gun (bad handling+bad accuracy), and a garbage premium round.

It looks okay, but that penetration is a deal breaker. 206 HEAT is not considerably better than its default 170 AP; against most targets that's only 10-20mm more penetration.

If you can look past the penetration (and you really shouldn't, it's terrible) the tank is fine. High DPM, very fast, high view range. The gun handling isn't good, but it's not terrible. I'd file it under poor, it's certainly better than the SPIC. The problem, of course, is that already-crippling penetration will be even worse with poor gun handling.

Basically you need to get a T8 game. Otherwise, the only things this thing can do are scout and kill lights.

10 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

The gun handling is nearly the same as the SP1C, but I haven't played that to really know how it feels. It's significantly worse than the LTTB though and that always felt on the edge of being quite bad.

The LTTB's gun handling is very bad. Since the LTTB cannot use vstab, the M41 90mm will end up with slightly better bloom.

56 minutes ago, monjardin said:

I added an image with the soft stats. Could anyone translate that for us?

Here is a quick stat comparison between this and the Spähpanzer using the singleshot topgun, both tanks with a 100% crew:

M41 vs Spähpanzer:

:Mobility:

21.28   <HP/t>   21.31

54   <Traversespeed>   55.71(with engineupgrades)

:Terrainresistance:

0.575   <Hard>   0.77

0.671   <Medium>   0.86

1.151   <Soft>   1.73

72.4   <Topspeed>   58

24   <Reversespeed>   22

Overall mobility is quite a bit better than the Spähpanzer and it doesnt get limited by its topspeed like the Spähpanzer does.

:Gun:

240   <Alpha>   240

2085.7    <DPM>   1900.9

:Penetration:

170   <AP>   180

206   <Gold>   250 

102   <HE>   45

0.384   <Accuracy>   0.35

2.21   <Aimingtime>   2.11

:Bloomvalues:

0.153   <moving>   0.153

0.153   <tank traverse>   0.153

0.153   <turret traverse>   0.153

Overall the winner is the Spähpanzer, the lack of any decent penetrating rounds will hurt a lot considering it will meet tier 10s.

:MISC:

400   <Viewrange>   400

8   <Gundepression>   10

17   <Gunelevation>   15

I'm very interested in this, simply for the reason the German tech tree needs a higher tier LT trainer.

Everything looks good except penetration.

If they give it 250 HEAT, I'll be okay.
And it should be possible, since it appears to use similar HEP ammo as RU251 and T49 90mm.

Also, leKpz?
Leichtes Kanonenpanzer?

I would rather have the SPIC I think.  SPIC is more cute, plus the size of the SPIC lets you pull off some really tricky things that basically every other tank can't.  M41 is a fatass too.

2 hours ago, Orrie said:

Also, leKpz?
Leichtes Kanonenpanzer?

Leichter Kampfpanzer. Eventhoug the Kpz should be written like this: KPz. But this is nit-picking.

I think I will like this tank. The tank is looking gorgeous and it is not a POS by stats. Buff the Heat to 250 and I am fine.

I'm interested if it gets pen buffs. Until then it's eye candy.

I been running around in my old type 62 and having fun with it, I hadnt looked at its base pen for a long time because when I saw it only had 145 pen I nearly spat out my tea.... I have been penning just fine (relatively) in it so dont have much fears over 170 ap pen

1 hour ago, Jaguaratron said:

I been running around in my old type 62 and having fun with it, I hadnt looked at its base pen for a long time because when I saw it only had 145 pen I nearly spat out my tea.... I have been penning just fine (relatively) in it so dont have much fears over 170 ap pen

to offset though, the Type has very comfortable gun handling.

1 hour ago, Jaguaratron said:

Type 62 has 220 HEAT in comparison...

Also type 62 accuracy .37 with aimtime 2.3ss (better dispersion for slightly longer aimtime than the german maddog*).

P.S. maddog is my personal moniker for the M41.

P.P.S. Yes, type 62 gun handling just feels right for some reason, the 85 just fires like a dream and the short reload just means that misses/non-pens don't hurt as much.

Is that heat pen another hint for overall gold round pen nerf? It doesn't really make sense otherwise.

It is a "premium"  after all. To give it some shitty stats somewhere does make sense in  WGs mindset.

But it is a T7 light after all. If we have a look at other T7 scouts the HEAT isn't utterly crap. 

Bulldog and T71: 210 heat 

AMX 13-75: 202 apcr

LTTP: 216 apcr

Type 62: 220 heat

WZ 132: 230 heat or 241 apcr 

SPIC: 250 heat 

Hmmm, 102 pen/ 320 alpha HE.  I can see carrying quite a bit of that for scouts/arty hunting.  Thats a very nice HE round at tier 7.

It feels like an LTTB trading some speed for depression.  Its certainly a workable tank, especially if you are already playing down the RU251 line.

Seems to be coming in 9.14 whatever it is, whether it's premium or reward tank.