monjardin

leKpz M 41 90 mm (tier 8 light)

326 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Sweet. I get a pay to win tank with my dignity still intact since I bought it back when it was trash.

The question is: are they not telling us that it will (unlike every non-prem scout) also keep it's scout MM?  I could certainly see that.

I'd absolutely love them giving it T8-10 MM, though, that would be damn fun!

6 minutes ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

The question is: are they not telling us that it will (unlike every non-prem scout) also keep it's scout MM?  I could certainly see that.

I'd absolutely love them giving it T8-10 MM, though, that would be damn fun!

I'd lean towards regular MM.  Seems strange to go through all this to get rid of scout MM while leaving the prem lights with it.  Since it's only sold on rare occasions they can control the population of them if it becomes too strong.  Though given their recent premiums, that may be part of the point.

Oh, it'll get normal MM. With normal MM it's mildly OP but not game breaking. Without it, it's weak. They've seen the light on P2W tanks lately, coke parties ain't free.

2 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Oh, it'll get normal MM. With normal MM it's mildly OP but not game breaking. Without it, it's weak. They've seen the light on P2W tanks lately, coke parties ain't free.

Hey, if they'll give it to me, I'll take it.  Despite the general ragging on this tank, I actually liked it quite a bit, which is odd given I was never really able to play the ru251 as well as I wanted.   I think I benefited some from the CDC (or something else that's paper) being on rental when I marathon'd it, but I had a heck of a time.

M4190.png

Comparing this tank with the tech tree German tier 8 light on the SB server they're closer in power than I expected. Blackdog has better DPM, gun handling, and shell velocity. Tech tree tank has better mobility, camo, accuracy, view range, gun depression, and a lower fire risk because of diesel over gasoline. It's fairly close, though I wager the awful shell velocity on the tech tree tank will be decisive in making the blackdog a little better overall.

Suggests the blackdog won't be OP so much as just all the lights are finally going to be worth playing.

1 hour ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Comparing this tank with the tech tree German tier 8 light on the SB server they're closer in power than I expected. Blackdog has better DPM, gun handling, and shell velocity. Tech tree tank has better mobility, camo, accuracy, view range, gun depression, and a lower fire risk because of diesel over gasoline. It's fairly close, though I wager the awful shell velocity on the tech tree tank will be decisive in making the blackdog a little better overall.

Suggests the blackdog won't be OP so much as just all the lights are finally going to be worth playing.

Potentially disappointing as a blackdog owner, but good news as a scout player. I'll take it. 

Thanks for the info! 

On 2/28/2017 at 8:51 PM, ProfessorMunroe said:

Hey, if they'll give it to me, I'll take it.  Despite the general ragging on this tank, I actually liked it quite a bit, which is odd given I was never really able to play the ru251 as well as I wanted.   I think I benefited some from the CDC (or something else that's paper) being on rental when I marathon'd it, but I had a heck of a time.

M4190.png

Paging @SchnitzelTruck for some replays. 

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Paging @SchnitzelTruck for some replays. 

Don't have any. Haven't played it since it first came out

8 minutes ago, WorldConqueror said:

All I want is an acceptable camo rating :wut:

ELC style. For me most disappointing is shell speed like i driving some SU-152 on steroids. 1000+ would be nice.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:47 PM, BlackAdder said:

ELC style. For me most disappointing is shell speed like i driving some SU-152 on steroids. 1000+ would be nice.

Heat and hep are quite fast, ap is tog levels of slow..

Camo rating is ok, it's a premium after all, it has to be inferior to the 251 in some way.

If i need a stealthy light I'd take the ru or a 13 90..

4 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Camo rating is ok, it's a premium after all, it has to be inferior to the 251 in some way.

Not any more :serb:

1 hour ago, WorldConqueror said:

Not any more :serb:

When it was released there was that philosophy..

Apparently now it's full p2w :serb:

1 hour ago, WhatTheSkara said:

On SB or live, afaik all shells are ~850ms maybe HE is slower... That's slow for LT (at least for me).... 

39 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

On SB or live, afaik all shells are ~850ms maybe HE is slower... That's slow for LT (at least for me).... 

It's the RU gun, hep and heat are faster than ap afaik, I also noticed that in game, sniping with heat is much easier than with ap

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

It's the RU gun, hep and heat are faster than ap afaik, I also noticed that in game, sniping with heat is much easier than with ap

On live server they are the same. 830m/s according to tanks.gg which is on slow side. I deleted SB so I can't check on SB, but on live it's bit slow shell.

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

On live server they are the same. 830m/s according to tanks.gg which is on slow side. I deleted SB so I can't check on SB, but on live it's bit slow shell.

Yeah... one of those weird subtle differences that can mean a lot. The M41 has 830 m/s on both AP and HEAT, while the RU 251's gun is 805 AP and a whopping 1145 HEAT. That makes the 251's gold round seriously superior for long range shooting even though at a glance the guns look basically the same.

2 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Yeah... one of those weird subtle differences that can mean a lot. The M41 has 830 m/s on both AP and HEAT, while the RU 251's gun is 805 AP and a whopping 1145 HEAT. That makes the 251's gold round seriously superior for long range shooting even though at a glance the guns look basically the same.

dunno, I'm not really a HEAT spammer at distance. And if you need to HEATspam a HT you wouldn't really need that shell velocity anyway.

I'm really leaning toward the M41 just because how much better it is at handling + -8 all around depression. If I had to play like a true scout I'd pick the Ru, but who's gonna carry the potatoes for me?

And being able to carry 8 HE in the M41 as opposed to 4 in the Ru is a HUGE deal.

5 hours ago, EthanDuong said:

dunno, I'm not really a HEAT spammer at distance. And if you need to HEATspam a HT you wouldn't really need that shell velocity anyway.

I'm really leaning toward the M41 just because how much better it is at handling + -8 all around depression. If I had to play like a true scout I'd pick the Ru, but who's gonna carry the potatoes for me?

And being able to carry 8 HE in the M41 as opposed to 4 in the Ru is a HUGE deal.

Playing it mostly in SHs i carry something like 20/15/11 (don't remember the exact number apart from hep), since you only meet tier 8s and most of them are LTs you can get huge amounts of damage in a short time and make a huge profit..

@BlackAdder I thought it had the same shell speed as the 251. My bad. Haven't played LTs lately (apart from t49 because it's a hilariously fast kv2 and relieves stress like no other tank can)

after a few random, terrible games with the GF shortly after patch, I decided this weekend to give 'er a real go, and man, it is a beast.  Played 22 games today, averaged nearly 2600 dpg, including a 5800 DPG game.  Now above 2K dpg on the tank overall, and I expect that to climb as I keep playing it.  I was probably one of the few who really liked this pre-9.18, but I love it now, and others should too.

edit: I also forgot how disgusting of a wn8 padder it is.   My wn8 with it today was 6900, which is about 3000 wn8 higher than it should be.

Blackdog.jpg

Very impressive for a t8 light.

At the moment in SH/CW the GF is the pref LT/MT. Personally I dont mind because I have it myself.

A friend and myself did 10-15 games in a GF platoon, and we noticed that not only is it what I would consider borderline OP. But its HE is insane vs most t8 light and meds, and have a decent chance to pen most of them with its 100pen.

With the GF specced out for damage, I have 2,7k dpm in it, but if you get into sitiuations where you know you can pen them, you suddently get a god like 3,6k dpm.

Is this to much?

Do you recommend switching to vents from optics on this?

With my current skill set and loadout I get 2700 dpm and 480m view range, if i get vents I can get 2750 dpm but fuck up my view range to 450.

Is the .11s reload buff worth?