monjardin

leKpz M 41 90 mm (tier 8 light)

330 posts in this topic

Since the changes to light tanks, this premium light is superior to the other tier 8 lights. If you ever get a chance and enjoy light tanks, buy one. In fact, all the premium lights are now better than or equal to the other lights in their tier. The AMX 13 57 and the Type 64 are both excellent and the Type 62 is good as well.

On 7/8/2017 at 10:34 AM, Liberty75 said:

Since the changes to light tanks, this premium light is superior to the other tier 8 lights. If you ever get a chance and enjoy light tanks, buy one. In fact, all the premium lights are now better than or equal to the other lights in their tier. The AMX 13 57 and the Type 64 are both excellent and the Type 62 is good as well.

I think the M41 90 is probably the worst premium LT. It's not terrible, but it's pretty weak compared to the tech tree tanks. I've become very accustomed to the extra hp/ton on the tech tree tanks and the sluggishness of the M41 90 (and Type 64) really gives me trouble in judging where i can be and in out driving damage. And this tank is huge with marginal camo. The depression is consistently disappointing too.

At tier 8 the M41 90 ranks last for me, tied with the ever nerfed M41 Bulldog. The Hwk 12 and LTTB are best, with the mini Bat just a bit behind with the 132.

At tier 7 the premiums do out rank the tech tree tanks, with the exception of the 13 75. This is mostly because the view ranges they preserved and having better hp/t. 

@CraBeatOff There is an explanation for this - extra hp/t on tech tree lights made you lazy when it comes to play something with old mobility. 

Right now Blackdog is rather a fast medium than real LT. Way faster than any MT but with proper firepower. Use it like this and load at least 10 HE. 

4 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

@CraBeatOff There is an explanation for this - extra hp/t on tech tree lights made you lazy when it comes to play something with old mobility. 

Right now Blackdog is rather a fast medium than real LT. Way faster than any MT but with proper firepower. Use it like this and load at least 10 HE. 

I totally understand that its my own limitation here. Its not so much lazy as ... requiring a whole different mindset and set of positions. One that I'm not really willing to adjust to, when I can just drive a LTTB and Hwk12!

Although I maintain over 95% MoE in this tank, I still consider it to be pretty meh. Especially with the release of the T92LT and the coming release of the T-44LW and ELC EVEN. Caveat - if you like to play your LTs like chai snipey MTs, then the M41 90 is good for you. Its better than any tier 8 240 alpha MT in that role. Flexes fast, has excellent dpm (once you learn the shell speed) and has HEP for softies. But as a scouty LT role, its meh, because yuuuge, low camo, poor hp/ton. And it doesn't make great strongholds money because you can't scout that well or pen IS-3s etc that well. The T92LT with its crazy camo, low profile and 1200m/s APCR shells is pretty good in that role.

Posting because Advent Calendar. Still good but not must buy unless you're a RhmPz and RU251 fanatic.