monjardin

leKpz M 41 90 mm (tier 8 light)

330 posts in this topic

Also wonder whether this like the Bat Chat AP will be one of the reward tanks, would certainly be a more appealing reward for the second set of mission than the T28 Concept.

On 2.2.2016 at 10:57 PM, RunninKurt said:

Or... what if it's like the AMX 13 57, and it's for the Grand Finals! :frenchy:

http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/03/11/grand-finals-secret-tank-revealed/

According to TAP you are exactly right. Shame as I was really looking forwards to grind this thing. If they make it buyable I hope that they at least do not put an ugly special camo on it.

*edit*

And apparently it has been turned into a tier 8 tank as well

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t-54-ltwt.c:wz-132.c:ru-251.c:m-41-90-mm

Edited by Tomlinson
Breaking news

Well, I have just signed for an event. And in rewards I will receive two tier VIII, one is IS-3a and the second is a suprise.

So I guess it was uptiered.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Machiav
grammar

Rita is now confirming that it will be a tier 8 tank as well

http://ritastatusreport.live/2016/03/12/wgl-grand-finals-super-secret-tank/

Premium tier 8 light tank could be so nice for strongholds, will be interesting to see if it ends up halfway decent. And I really hope that they do not end up putting one of these god ugly WGL camos on it.

8 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

Way to go WG and fuck every man from not-so-close to Poland. :serb:

But I guess you could sell ticket online and use the code yourself.

You need to attend the event in person to activate the code, otherwise 70 € for 2 tier 8 and one tier 5 premium would not be that bad actually.

Looks nice, but is 170 AP and 206 HEAT pen not a little low for a T8?

Also the 0.38 accuracy is only better than T49 with the big gun on T8 LTs.

But it does get the nice 102mm HE that the Ru 251 also has, which is nice...

4 minutes ago, Tomlinson said:

You need to attend the event in person to activate the code, otherwise 70 € for 2 tier 8 and one tier 5 premium would not be that bad actually.

Of course. :serb: 

25 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

206 HEAT pen is barely better than 170 AP pen. It doesn't boost your penetration potential, IS3 won't be penetrated with either shell for example.

Which would render the tank useless for tier 8 skirmishes, as all the tryhard setups on EU run at least 6 of them.

On 3/11/2016 at 1:35 AM, Tomlinson said:

http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/03/11/grand-finals-secret-tank-revealed/

According to TAP you are exactly right. Shame as I was really looking forwards to grind this thing. If they make it buyable I hope that they at least do not put an ugly special camo on it.

*edit*

And apparently it has been turned into a tier 8 tank as well

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t-54-ltwt.c:wz-132.c:ru-251.c:m-41-90-mm

Wow, what a guess.

So the gun has same damage/pen as 13 90, and handling between the T54L and RU251. 

Seems workable, great terrain resistances too.

22 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

Way to go WG and fuck every man from not-so-close to Poland. :serb:

But I guess you could sell ticket online and use the code yourself.

21 hours ago, Tomlinson said:

You know, if You like a risk... You can always try to ask some guy who will be on the event to scan a code.

What is the risk? As far as I know there will be at least two points where You can scan Your code (and therefore receive rewards tanks), first one is at entry, second one is in the middle. I cannot guarantee that I will be able to scan two different scan, but I can give it a try... question is if You like those odds ;).

On one side three rewards tanks, on second one 70 Euro, risk of receiving nothing and everything depends on some unfamiliar guy from WotLabs and internal rules of an event.

It's on tanks.gg

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:amx-13-90.c:ru-251.c:t-54-ltwt.c:t49.c:wz-132.c:m-41-90-mm

So let's see, going to ignore the T49 -

- Worse DPM than the RU.

- Joint worst penetration with the 1390 (which has 240 APCR) 

- Best aim time

- Worst accuracy 

- Second best dispersion after the T-54 ltw

- Worse gun depression than RU

- Joint second best speed, behind RU

- Worst power to weight

- Second best ground resistances after WZ

- Best turret traverse

- Second best tank traverse behind WZ

- Joint lowest HP

Bit of a mixed bag, speed wise it should be marginally behind the WZ-132 in acceleration/agility, but with a faster top speed.

It is though aside slight gun handling, traverse and ground resistance advantages flat out worse to the RU-251. It's likely to have worse camo as well. 

It's that 170 AP pen, plus 0.38 accuracy and that 206 pen HEAT shell that really kills it.

190 AP pen and 250 HEAT like the RU-251 it would be fun, or give it a Pershing/Super P style 250-260 APCR shell. 

So its almost a flat-out worse RU 251? (taller, less HP, slower, overall much worse gun and gets...better handling?)

They should have kept it as tier 7, with some nerf to not avoid powercreep, imo

^ Basically yes a worse RU with slightly better gun handling.  I'd say it needs a buff, probably to that gun, they must realise that gun doesn't cut it on a tier 8 light.

It's like playing an M46 Patton with the Pershing gun and you are unable to use any premium ammo, 206 HEAT pen is probably about as effective as 190 AP pen. 

They really uptiered it? Now it's a slightly worse Bulldog one Tier higher...

WG is funny... Slightly bad tank -> uptier it with only small buffs -> tank gets complete garbage... Right?

22 hours ago, tajj7 said:

- Worse gun depression than RU

It has better frontal depression tough wich is a lot better for fast pace and trading engagement.

On 13/03/2016 at 2:14 AM, Tomlinson said:

Which would render the tank useless for tier 8 skirmishes, as all the tryhard setups on EU run at least 6 of them.

Which means WG probably knew this and doesn't want Tier 8 to be M41 central like Tier 6 Cromwell land.  Also then no-one would play the super amazing russian T54lwt

Here it comes.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/april-overview/

M41 90 in the Premium Shop

Also available is this year's Grand Finals tank "mascot," the leKpz M 41 90mm GF first-ever tier VIII Premium light tank! Plus, earn its skilled Crew with our missions!
Details: April 2