allenmark00

League of Legends general discussion. Or League of Draven, take your pick.

141 posts in this topic

Just now, Gandaran said:

@Fulcrous for someone that's going to start playing soon (After clanleague/campaign) any important shit I should know/websites to read/etc?

Only thing would be mobafire or lolking for builds.

A lot of things about this game can't be taught but you can head to Leaguecraft series on Youtube.

>basic mechanics

>over 1 hour long

Does it cover anything that can't be learned in tutorial/bot games? Also: why not probuilds.net?

Final thing: is it wrong if I WANT to be in b5? I feel like I'll miss out on a shitton of pure comedy gold material. Am I a sick bastard? :feelsbad:

2 hours ago, orzel286 said:

>basic mechanics

>over 1 hour long

Does it cover anything that can't be learned in tutorial/bot games? Also: why not probuilds.net?

Final thing: is it wrong if I WANT to be in b5? I feel like I'll miss out on a shitton of pure comedy gold material. Am I a sick bastard? :feelsbad:

Probuilds doesn't go over thought processes on how they build. How you build is 100% situational based on the situation at hand.

Lolking/mobafire give you general ideas on how to build so you can learn the thought-process on item builds.

Also people have different playstyles.

For example I prefer going full damage Lee Sin with 1 or 2 defensive items in most cases and most pros go full tank because their role as a player in the team isn't to deal damage.

7 hours ago, Gandaran said:

@Fulcrous for someone that's going to start playing soon (After clanleague/campaign) any important shit I should know/websites to read/etc?

Mobafire's great for build guides/general guides, they make a huge difference.

But note about the builds part: They're not very useful. That is why you have to scroll down a bit more so that the guy writing the guide can elaborate a bit more.

Also look up 

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_terminology

and pretty much the entire wiki in general :ohnyes:

It sort of feels like someone tried to make the game sound more complex than it really is, it's mostly the terminology that you have to get your head around. Oh, and how to jungle :P

So minimum amount of reading before you start playing? Maybe around 2 pages?

Oh, and an extra line: whatever you do, try not to die, if you die, try not to die anymore

By the time you get to level 10-ish, maybe another page of reading on Masteries

and by level 17-ish, another page of reading up on Runes, I guess

Champion recommendations

Spoiler

imo beginners shouldn't play AD Carries or you will likely become food for the enemy team's top laner when he "tp ganks" (see above terminology page). They do damage from range, but you need mana management, which is annoying for any beginner player

I hear tanks are very noob friendly, but I found them boring and they nearly turned me off the game. You can give them I try, I guess, but remember that you have literally mountains of health, so use it :P

Maybe try Garen or Poppy? They're cheap as hell.

Or just play Riven (:P aka possibly most toxic champion in game) so you won't have to deal with mana bullshit (was frustrating when I played a mana champion for the first time after forever) or just about any squishy assassin so that you don't develop into that sort of player who can only play tanks and feeds in any other class.

I recommend Master Yi :kwim: (also bloody cheap, 450 IP/2 daily doubles)

You can build completely the wrong build (building top lane items for jungle yi because forgot smite)

and still get 4 kills by 15 mins

but he's a junglier, so you will have to read up on:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jungling

New Evelynn splash.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Aaaaaaand I'm lvl30 now. Time to grind all the rune pages, runes and champions. Hm, this will take some time...

Got back to Bronze 1 last night, if I keep doing as well as I have been lately I should be hitting silver before too much longer.  Been playing a lot of Malphite and Jinx recently (100% AoE crits are hilariously OP), with some Olaf/Xerath for variety.  Really liking the Olaf buffs, he's one of my favorite guy to play as and more lifesteal/resistances would make 1v1's even easier.

On 4/19/2016 at 5:53 AM, Serene_Potato said:

Would you recommend Azir?

Coming from the perspective of a bad player who plays with other bad players, Azir is generally a safe pick.  However, one thing I've noticed when I go mid against him is that he absolutely does not like playing against champions who have a larger range than he does.  Like, for instance, my 1100 AP Xerath, who can sit in the back of lane spamming Q's to charge up tear and rod, while clearing the wave and harassing.  Beyond that, I can't give too much advice, considering I hated him the last time he went on the free champ rotation.

14 minutes ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

Coming from the perspective of a bad player who plays with other bad players, Azir is generally a safe pick.  However, one thing I've noticed when I go mid against him is that he absolutely does not like playing against champions who have a larger range than he does.  Like, for instance, my 1100 AP Xerath, who can sit in the back of lane spamming Q's to charge up tear and rod, while clearing the wave and harassing.  Beyond that, I can't give too much advice, considering I hated him the last time he went on the free champ rotation.

This week, Azir on free rotation.

First game I played, some idiot Azir on my team pretty much fed the enemy Jhin so hard that even my 4 levels ahead riven couldn't kill him.

Even worse our graves didn't even bother team fighting and the rest were horrible at it. Got a one man ace though (not that it affected the outcome)

I hate Azir now

Lower tier runes are cheaper now, but getting all the tier 3 runes and pages is still a grindfest. :(

So, I played 256 games in centurion 1, 55%wr (lol, how, when I'm that bad). Let's say it's 50%.

That's 256x7 minutes (avg game time iirc)=1792 minutes. I played a few games after I elited it, but whatever. Small difference. Non-premium iirc.

Average victory in lol is gives about 100 ip, let's say you're a shitlord like me and you'll win 50% of your games. So, for a rune page, you'll need... 126 games.

Let's be optimistic here, and say that average game takes 20 minutes (surr @ 20 huehuehue. Or pve.). 126x20=2520 minutes.

Ok, sometimes you can't [email protected], let's say 25 minutes. 126x25=3150 games.

Some games take longer though, with their turnarounds, etc. So, let's say it's more like 30 minutes. 126x30=3780 minutes.

Hm. Ok, let's pick another tonk to compare with. Cent 7, I played some more games with it after it was elite, but some of my grind was with premium, so I guess it balances itself out. 427 games with 52%wr( nooooooooooooob!). 427x7=2989 minutes. Wut?

Is my math wrong, or is lol as grindy or even more grindy than wot?

Disclaimer: wrote from perspective of someone who can't play ranked games because I don't have the required number of champions, and I'm lvl 30.

6 hours ago, orzel286 said:

Lower tier runes are cheaper now, but getting all the tier 3 runes and pages is still a grindfest. :(

So, I played 256 games in centurion 1, 55%wr (lol, how, when I'm that bad). Let's say it's 50%.

That's 256x7 minutes (avg game time iirc)=1792 minutes. I played a few games after I elited it, but whatever. Small difference. Non-premium iirc.

Average victory in lol is gives about 100 ip, let's say you're a shitlord like me and you'll win 50% of your games. So, for a rune page, you'll need... 126 games.

Let's be optimistic here, and say that average game takes 20 minutes (surr @ 20 huehuehue. Or pve.). 126x20=2520 minutes.

Ok, sometimes you can't [email protected], let's say 25 minutes. 126x25=3150 games.

Some games take longer though, with their turnarounds, etc. So, let's say it's more like 30 minutes. 126x30=3780 minutes.

Hm. Ok, let's pick another tonk to compare with. Cent 7, I played some more games with it after it was elite, but some of my grind was with premium, so I guess it balances itself out. 427 games with 52%wr( nooooooooooooob!). 427x7=2989 minutes. Wut?

Is my math wrong, or is lol as grindy or even more grindy than wot?

Disclaimer: wrote from perspective of someone who can't play ranked games because I don't have the required number of champions, and I'm lvl 30.

I just played everyday daily double only, only spent IP on buying Riven, best thing I ever did.

Right now I'm level 21 and have a 9 rune away full rune page.

Also, it seems that on the JP server there will be a rune sale in the next month where all tier 2 runes all cost ONE IP.

What the fuck?

Also, China server, it seems that half of both teams being dead before minions even spawn is a thing.

Dem prices tho. :kjugh:Also: if you get a feeder/troll/afker it still can take 20 minutes to end the game, where in wot total roflstomps can take 3-4 minutes top.

How hard is it to get to gold?

I hear the elo system was changed waay back and so its easier for new players like me to get placed in bronze.

So how much playing, do you think will require to get to gold if I'm currently playing at this level:

http://jp.op.gg/summoner/userName=セイばー

sorry for not linking lolking, as they don't have JP server stats yet.

Spoiler

Yes, I'm a dirty Riven player :(

Forgive me I have sinned

You get a better powerspike from phage/caulfield's --> tiamat --> youmuu's.

Only reason I'd get cleaver right off the bat is if you absolutely need the CDR and armor shred for naturally tanky/cc-oriented tanks.

On 平成28年5月1日 at 0:18 PM, Fulcrous said:

You get a better powerspike from phage/caulfield's --> tiamat --> youmuu's.

Only reason I'd get cleaver right off the bat is if you absolutely need the CDR and armor shred for naturally tanky/cc-oriented tanks.

8/10 past games were Riven vs Garen top

That's why I'm always rushing the BC

>want to buy udyr cuz trick2badkappa

>first game got a+

>want udyr even more

>haz no ip, spare runes and rune pages

FUCK.