Flametz

T25 Pilot #1 T8 Premium MT

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, no_name_cro said:

Looks awfully slim. 90mm on Pershing and T20 looks thicker.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time WG modeled a gun way too slim.  I feel like this actually used to be an issue with most of the American long 90mm guns in game.

Lmao what the actual fuck? First we got Russian copy pasta with the IS-series premiums, and now we're getting 'Murican 90mm spammaroni.

Are there really not enough tanks in the real world / blueprints / napkin-ideas that would make unique and interesting machines for WG to implement?

People bitch about too many paper tanks

People bitch about not enough paper tanks

Really, this is why WG doesn't GAF about 95% of community feedback

I don't mind having "clones" as long as they all play differently. Imagine a pershing clone that has to play like a TD because it was given an experimental 100mm gun (just putting something out there), another that was given a high velocity 70mm, fast and bouncy armor, thus it had to play like a brawler. 

These things would interest me. Ideally each nation should have unique tank (with respect to their play style) but other nations should have premiums or reward tanks that take a good portion of that and apply it to those nations. I'd love to have a tank in the US branch that was similar to the CDC. 

Hell, I'd love a medium that played like a front-line TD. Slow, long aim time, but a gun that hits hard, slow traverse. Whatever it may be, I'm sure everyone here wishes their favorite tank's characteristics could be on other tanks of other nations as well.

9.14 content has just appeared on GM3D.

Apparently this thing got a few minor buffs. Disperesion while moving is 0.13 and turret dispersion is 0.1

Both stats are worse than the Patton KR, but the aim time is only 2.0 [vs 2.4], which may give this thing overall better gun handling.

EDIT: Oh and the track friction was HEAVILY buffed.

0.5/0.7/1.5 resistance values.

P/W is still shit, but the track values combined with better traverse speeds and a higher top speed might also give this thing an appreciable mobility edge too.

4 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

9.14 content has just appeared on GM3D.

I've been out all day, but now I know what I've got to do.  I'll still do a comprehensive thing as usually probably, even though they were already kinda covered on RSR

Hmmmmm. WT adds T25 to tech tree. WoT adds T25 as prem...

Coincidence?!?!?!?!?!

Probably :-/

Still going to be way more paper than a KR and worse overall than a Mutz. 

Just a FYI, tanks.gg says the mantlet is below 100mm, but WG's site (The one Hallo linked) and gamemodels3d says it's actually 203mm.

Usually I trust gamemodels3d numbers more but we'll see.

Tanks.gg:

IiCuF6W.png

Gamemodels3d:

lq0Tff8.png

Compared to M26/M46KR, you're getting a better gun handling+dpm and better mobility (Dem resistances) for worse armor.

This thing actually looks pretty good. Hopefully NA gets this thing as a practical handout too. Importantly, pubs will be useless driving it, so it won't clog up tier 8 with invincible bricks.

It looks like paper on tanksgg, gun handling is really good. 

Too bad i'm on hold while this last i could use murican MT.

What does the KR have on this?

http://tanks.gg/compare/m46-kr?t=t25-pilot-1

Dispersion on turret traverse and possibly speed (but terrain resists are much higher on the KR)?

nm, saw @Swoopie's last bit just now.

Just realized this thing (and the KR) gets worse APCR than the SuperPershing. Wonder what the logic behind that is.

I'm not sure about the mobility. It has like 1hp/t more than FV 4202, but worse ground resistances, and loses like 1,5hp/t on Panther 8,8 with just a bit better terrain res., so IMO it'll fall inbetween the two mobility wise. Other than that it looks pretty balanced, not bad but not broken like latest prems - I guess that's why it's a maraton reward :doge2:

17 minutes ago, WorldConqueror said:

Just realized this thing (and the KR) gets worse APCR than the SuperPershing. Wonder what the logic behind that is.

T25 and kr arent always forced to engage enemy heavies head-on. They can at least pretend to have other options.

Yet another "marathon" grind for a mediocre reward tank that will probably join my Type 62, T23E3, FV201 and a bunch of other "rewards" in the dusty back room of my garage.

6 hours ago, Monkey said:

What does the KR have on this?

http://tanks.gg/compare/m46-kr?t=t25-pilot-1

Dispersion on turret traverse and possibly speed (but terrain resists are much higher on the KR)?

nm, saw @Swoopie's last bit just now.

If the tanks.gg values are correct (For mantlet armor), I'd say this is a decent little harasser. But if the mantlet really is 203mm (Like other sites suggest) then this thing can actually hold its ground. But otherwise yes, what I said earlier.

Looks perfectly fine if you consider how T8 mediums normally play. I have no experience with tier 8 meds in randoms at all this patch with all the new boxes coming along, but I consider the M46 KR one of the best mediums at tier 8, not even excluding prems. As a decent mid-long range fighter with the nice bloom values and a turret that can hold off same tier tanks (at least) makes it perfectly viable in many situations where you simply cannot flank and instead have to fight the enemy head on. 

This tank looks a little more different, less like a Pershing and more an M46 Patton on tier 8 (funny how the M46 KR is a Patton but I'm talking about the Pilot now). A bit better mobility and and gun handling+dpm for what seems to be an overall armour tradeoff. However from tanks.gg this thing seems to have thick enough tracks coupled with just enough side armour to being able to sidescrape while being able to shoot back (this is a trait only E 50s and T22/907 and 430v2 shares out of all mediums) while fighting most guns it'll face above tier 8. Now it's completely pointless in terms of invulnerability because your turret face can get penned easily and you'll be showing slivers of UFP that also acts like butter. But it gives you a real advantage against other mediums when it comes to baiting shots and the amount of pennable areas you are showing while fighting decrease by quite a lot. This is a huge thing for mediums when it comes to fighting bigger guns. This alone is worth a lot to me. 

Sadly the tanks.gg model might not be 100% accurate but if my math is correct then you need 152+mm in calibre to reliably go through the side, problem is that the rear part of the side is less armoured (38mm compared to 50,8) which means that 122mms can overmatch the rear end of the side in a sidescrape, which is bad because it's the part you'll be showing first. Luckily the amount of tracks this tank has makes most of those shots likely to just crit your tracks due to their size. 

AP round is literal ebola though, not sure why they'd give it 193 when all the newer prems have a higher base pen but lower premium pen than before in comparison. 243 APCR is okay but it's going to really struggle against armoured meds and up tier heavies with the current armour scheme is such a huge nono that this is one of the few tanks that are probably forced to fight certain areas just because it has to play on its traits rather than actually playing where you can theoretically accomplish the most (somewhere you'd take a russian med for example)

I think that the tank will fit just fine compared to other mediums, the fact that it has real gun handling is a trait I really like and I'll probably end up doing these missions if they aren't too tedious (having to spam one class or nation for one day etc will fuck randoms over so much they won't hold my standard etc). 

What were they thinking, it's not better in every way than existing non prem tanks. 

Sure it is not. It is "free" therefore no need to make it better so people buy it. 

They were just running out of tanks in tier 8 which can be penetrated, so they're tossing out a free paper tank to give all the paying customers something to shoot.

3 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

They were just running out of tanks in tier 8 which can be penetrated, so they're tossing out a free paper tank to give all the paying customers something to shoot.

That makes sense. Maybe they can reintroduce Waffle e100 as a trier8 premium so it can be both paper and broken? 

I really enjoyed the Patton KR during the rental period when I three marked it. The Pilot looks pretty similar so I look forward to getting it. If the mantlet is really 203mm that would be pretty great. I'm always up for a good hull down tank!

so, day 2 and the new mission details are not on eu yet, anyone have the requirements?