TheMarine0341

T-22 Mission Discussions

413 posts in this topic

I don't know, to me this mode didn't seem a lot of fun on Anfield's stream. A lot of what makes this game good doesn't really happen there. I guess it's gonna appeal to the kind of guys though who drive their IS-7s into the face of the first enemy they spot, facehug, shoot thrice and die. Since those make 80% of the population of this game lots of guys will play it anyway...

That being said if the tank is as good as it's rumoured to be I might have no choice :(

Im sure someone would find a way to make it happen... Maybe a gold league player would just so happen to let you play their press account for a few games...

6 minutes ago, X3N4 said:

I don't know, to me this mode didn't seem a lot of fun on Anfield's stream. A lot of what makes this game good doesn't really happen there. I guess it's gonna appeal to the kind of guys though who drive their IS-7s into the face of the first enemy they spot, facehug, shoot thrice and die. Since those make 80% of the population of this game lots of guys will play it anyway...

That being said if the tank is as good as it's rumoured to be I might have no choice :(

I played both modes when they were out over the summer, and that summarizes my experiences as well. Hardly anyone I regularly play with regularly was enthralled either. Its tanks, minus all the map skills, tactics, and to some degree risk. I was good at it, I just didn't really enjoy it. The exact same thing happened to me when DeathMatch servers became the thing during CS1.6. I was good at it, I found it to be good warm-up because of the volume of shooting, but it wasn't nearly as fun or challenging as pick-up scrimming or pubbing. 

This game mode is so dumb.

Anyone that doesn't have a BC on the flag modes loses automaticly pretty much.

I got the 250 VP one and 3k damage...

The one I'm currently cheesed about is D-2: The kill an enemy within the first minute and then kill an enemy while unspotted.

PZKhF0k.jpg

Had the mission selected and tank line up was Bat Chat, T92, E-100.

Manage to kill an enemy in the first 40 sec in the Bat (T55A) and then die in a fire due to calling in an arty strike and not noticing I was lit (rip me).

So..load up the T92 (which has 6th Sense) and decide to shoot a 250 HP E-75 to finish the mission. There I thought, easy peasy. Hell I don't even get lit at all playing the T92.

So, exit to garage and what do I see? No mission completion window...

I'm currently running modless so it can't be one of those fucking with the mission text. Unless they want you kill an enemy while unspotted in the first minute (jesus fucking christ) than I don't know why I didn't get it completed :/

Replay if anyone wants to take a look and confirm I'm not crazy.

domination is kinda fun to be honest, expect some retards still like to play arty and the call in strikes are broken as fuck

the free for all stuf: TL:DR focus the unicum in a nutshell

also rip you if you don't have a prem acc, lossing 20k each game is real

SH-9 How to EZ: If you got an FV215B, just spam HESH and hope for the best. 29 crit hits in a single game gave me the mission. I couldn't do it with E100 etc HE spam.

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

When a map has 4 flags they are worth 40 points

600point maps with 1 flag are worth 150 points

900point maps with 1 flag are worth 250 points

ALL I GET IS FUCKING GHOST TOWN FUCK ME IN THE ASS

1 hour ago, Shifty_101st said:

ALL I GET IS FUCKING GHOST TOWN FUCK ME IN THE ASS

Your profile Avatar + the last 5 words of your post = Gold.

/backtotopic

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

I played both modes when they were out over the summer, and that summarizes my experiences as well. Hardly anyone I regularly play with regularly was enthralled either. Its tanks, minus all the map skills, tactics, and to some degree risk. I was good at it, I just didn't really enjoy it. The exact same thing happened to me when DeathMatch servers became the thing during CS1.6. I was good at it, I found it to be good warm-up because of the volume of shooting, but it wasn't nearly as fun or challenging as pick-up scrimming or pubbing. 

Also on the fence for this.

Bad time of day to see what actual play will normally look like (plus it's new), but the mode seems to draw an above average number of tomatoes who make playing Cliff utterly awful.  Same old lemming rushes, except the red team gets respawns - and tricks that work once in a normal pub match won't work twice when they can come back at you for revenge.

This mode is also really going to highlight which tanks are just plain deficient in terms of balancing.   Some tanks that rely on gold are going to be damn near unusable because the rewards don't scale with the expenditures.

The call-in strikes are annoying as all get out when combined with dead tanks exploding.

I think we're going to see a noticeable impact from tier 10's primarily playing whichever game mode they're suited for.

Nope nope cant last 2 min without getting yoloed as much as l try .... Give it a week and people will give up on this , too much work and everytime you get close to do the mission some pubbie on your team will fuck it up for you :(

Also seems to give crap XP and credit rewards.   That's probably the worst part.

Not everyone can be a flag carrying special snowflake, but do 5k damage supporting them in one tank and you get 500 XP?  On a win?  Right.

I really dislike steel hunt. The spawns are fucked up.

Spawn behind someone and wreck them

Spawn infront of someone and get wrecked

Spawn in a crossfire

Spawn in the middle of nowhere and waste a minute and a half trying to find action.

They need to give up trying to make this game play like CoD.

Most missions are actually total bullshit. I highly doubt that I'll touch this mode if I manage to complete all of the remaining 20 missions.

EDIT: Just did another one. 19 to go.

D-7 Nerves of Steel

Completed almost entirely in MAUS with honors, 2mins in VK-B completed the rest

Just now, Siimcy said:

That one will take me a while since I don't own a Maus nor a VK.

E5 fgt

Just now, Dragos_CS said:

E5 fgt

Oh no, the 10k blocked one? I just picked 3 heavies and yolod till I was dead and done the mission, but D-9 on the other hand, I'm not quite sure. I guess I need a lucky E5 battle.

Not to mention that some of the translations are fucked up... Seems that only inner modules count for the "Do 15 times DMG to modules blablabla bs" mission... And there's a German translation mistake in the Domination mission, where you have to kill 2 TDs and 2 Heavies... They translated the "and" to an "or"... so retarded

3 minutes ago, hallo1994 said:

Is anyone gonna rigged this mission? 

Of course some people will, just like they did with the Obj260 missions.

6 minutes ago, hallo1994 said:

Is anyone gonna rigged this mission? 

Rigging is wrong.

But hanging out with a bunch of friends on TS at 3 AM clicking battle at the same time?  Doesn't seem wrong to me.

The mission are retarded, totally luck dependent and there is no meta in this mode, just a bunch of idiots running around unknown maps and yoloing everybody. It can be good to farm some damage on them but it gets boring after like two battles for me.