TheMarine0341

T-22 Mission Discussions

413 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

I personally will just give up on the missions as if they don't change the final ones I for sure won't get them. GL getting twice 15k dmg in SH and 1x 15k dmg in Dom.

The problem is time and those aids points... rounds are too short.

NO NO NO NO. That's not the spirit you have to show the world. Playing regular randoms is the most fun in ages cause all the green fuckers tryharding missions in scouts and arty are gone and playing steelhunt and whatever that other shit is called. You gotta keep trying, you gotta believe, YOU CAN MAKE IT!!

Spoiler

not

Just now, X3N4 said:

NO NO NO NO. That's not the spirit you have to show the world. Playing regular randoms is the most fun in ages cause all the green fuckers tryharding missions in scouts and arty are gone and playing steelhunt and whatever that other shit is called. You gotta keep trying, you gotta believe, YOU CAN MAKE IT!!

Reveal hidden contents

not

I heard that, yeah. I'm just so sick of this BS I think I'll go play randoms instead and get myself to RUnicunt. :serb:

Had just 8k blocked and almost 8k damage done in Karelia, T110e5 is balanced. Though was not even trying that mission but anyway, that D-9 missions does not seem too bad as long as its not one of those retarded city maps (which they are most of time)

And yes 15k damage missions are insane, bit over 13k is best I have seen anyone got in any mode. One Steel Hunt solo version I sat whole game middle of map in E100, staying alive over whole match and fighting almost all time... and that was 11k and clear win. 

The domination 15k dmg is not the problem. Well it is if you think that you have to be top Victory points also, so no one in your team can deliver any flag or your mission is screwed. The SH 15k dmg... when from those 7 minutes only the 5 you can actually have combat and you have to put out max russian med dpm for 5 minutes xD Ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Siimcy said:

Test server maybe, yeah, but I've checked the top replays and none hit 15k yet, max I saw was around 13,3k ish(RU server) but still you need to do some stuff under the right conditions. I think the missions will be rebalanced because in its current state IMHO it's not worth your time doing those.

Here you have your 15k game

shot_007ddsf9.jpg

All with one life. Anyway. In Domination I think it is possible. But in SH? I doubt it. SH is such a mess. Some maps are too small 15(?). People keep spawning right infront of me or just behind me. It is bullshit.

7 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Here you have your 15k game

shot_007ddsf9.jpg

All with one life. Anyway. In Domination I think it is possible. But in SH? I doubt it. SH is such a mess. Some maps are too small 15(?). People keep spawning right infront of me or just behind me. It is bullshit.

He may of done the 15k dmg, which is really fucking awesome but he wouldn't of done the mission because you outclassed him in victory points therefore his dmg was useless.

qxCWdo6.png

Also, I was so sure that you were from some forums but I don't knew which, met you like 3 times already in rampage but I never said hi. :feelsbad:

We are rerolls after all. :serb:

But seriously though, those missions expect you to do like 2-3 things at once but you barely have time to do 1 thing which totally sucks. Like that guy you showed us, nearly 16k damage but he wouldn't of do the mission because of the bullshit conditions that he had to achieve.

3 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Losing credits on some games with premium account and using no gold ammo/consumables due to insane tier 10 repair costs.

Zero premium rounds fired + top 50% damage + kill more than killed + premium account = lose credits. 

I've never seen a mode that caused so much hate in chat from good players.  Getting battles with -G-, SIMP, etc and yet it seems to be a coin toss for them on whether or not they win.  

Presumably more than 50% of the players lose credits even in the most frugal of tanks.  I'm ok with the game not being lucrative, but it seems so silly that it costs so much to play.  

Also, it is really annoying to change all my tanks to Rampage mode.  Every time I do CW, I'll have to check consumables now.  

21 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

We are rerolls after all. :serb:

But seriously though, those missions expect you to do like 2-3 things at once but you barely have time to do 1 thing which totally sucks. Like that guy you showed us, nearly 16k damage but he wouldn't of do the mission because of the bullshit conditions that he had to achieve.

Indeed. All the dmg he did is pointless if one guy goes for the 250 victorypoint flag. From all the experience I have so far you can either go for the victorypoints which means go for the flags or you deal dmg. Doing both don´t rly work. Everytime I go for the flag and cap it, I have a huge risk losing my tank doing it. And during the flag process I don´t do large amounts of dmg. If I let others have the flag I can go for a rampage and farm dmg, but in the end I get outclassed by the cappers. 

I rly see only one chance in doing the mission. Platoon with two others and those go for the flag and hide after they got . Now you have the full 10min doing dmg and noone outclasses you in points

Anyway. Why isn´t there something like spawnprotection? All the testing and they forgot something so essential like this? Omg WG.

29 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Why isn´t there something like spawnprotection? All the testing and they forgot something so essential like this? Omg WG.

In my experience, the abuse is rare, but holy crap is it annoying when it happens.  even if you win the engagement, you start the round crippled.  

Saw also one guy do 15k damage but would not been valid for last missions as he had 5k damage from combat support and according to wording of that final mission its not acceptable ("by shooting or ramming"). I thing he was jpz100, 10 shoots 10 pens and rest 5k from combat support.  Btw, E100 seems to be really strong for damage farm, maybe other heavies too.

Cliff map seems to have problem with spawn camping, too easy for whoever side wins middle to farm rest of game spawns from ledges. Other maps spawning friendlies can get back together and fighth back effectively but not in Cliff

Cliff is by far the worst indeed but also on Berlin it happened to me several times. The city drop zone for the flag is close to your spawn zone. And what are the guys doing which fought all their way to this zone after they reached it?  They are visiting the spawn which is just around the corner. 

Or take Karelia. Hill became crucial again. Once you have the hill you control the repair zone and you have a spot on the enemies spawn. I did 6k spotting dmg just by cruising around on the hill and spotting all the enemies which just spawned in. Not one left the spawn undamaged. 

Also awesome this other game mode. I just drove around on Ghost town I believe the map is called (who the heck reads the map names anyway) . And out of nowhere a wild red IS7 spawned right in front of me. He showed his as to me and enjoyed his first 400 dmg seconds after he spawned. This was unfair as fuck and he could nothing do to prevent it. I felt rly sorry for him. 

D2: Kill one in first minute, kill another while not spotted.

Load into Berlin, yolo middle and grab a kill, then ram into mass enemy tanks to die quickly. Load up ConqGC, sit in base, look at their 8 tanks parked in the middle square. Oh a waffle? Say goodbye to your last 1500 HP. Oh look, now I have an arty strike. 47 seconds later rinse and repeat. Ended up with over 6k damage just from combat reserves.

Giving arty an additional arty reserve.  Well played WG :disco:

Yep like many previous said the new missions are literally ebolaids. I did 14 in a day and now I can't even get close to the "hard" ones. I think I'm done until they extend the battles to 15minutes.

^ I'm at 13 right now, I guess I could come to max 15-16ish then I perhaps wouldn't bother unless they'd change anything.

9 hours ago, Siimcy said:

Test server maybe, yeah, but I've checked the top replays and none hit 15k yet, max I saw was around 13,3k ish(RU server) but still you need to do some stuff under the right conditions. I think the missions will be rebalanced because in its current state IMHO it's not worth your time doing those.

9 hours ago, Nkrlz said:

I really didn't pay attention to the 15th mission, holy shit, 15k, hahahha. It's impossible, i mean if you manage to do that amount of damage the rest of your has to simply do nothing, if they do anyhting at all the battle will be over much earlier.

I've already had a  15k and another 14.9k game in steel hunt, you just have to NOT GET KILLS (weird, I know)

Now, as for 15k in dom, I don't think that's actually possible.  

shot_123.jpg?dl=0

I don't mean it's impossible to do the 15k i mean doing it while at the same time getting the most victory points, you need the game to be long enough, to capture the flag and to avoid winning it's another "great mission".

1 hour ago, TwixOps said:

I've already had a  15k and another 14.9k game in steel hunt, you just have to NOT GET KILLS (weird, I know)

Now, as for 15k in dom, I don't think that's actually possible.  

I dunno, I got over 10k in Dom not even trying.  Was working on another mission.

8 hours ago, sahtila said:

Btw, E100 seems to be really strong for damage farm, maybe other heavies too.

I think that might come down to luck of the draw.  I see a lot of them get yolo-swarmed.

I do love how the pub randoms are going now that this mode is up, though.

5 minutes ago, engineered said:

I dunno, I got over 10k in Dom not even trying.  Was working on another mission.

10k is easy, it is literally my current AVERAGE damage per game.  I've only manged a 15k game once though.  It's not easy

SH-9 => 29 crits => not enough for mission.

I did 29 crits total, first with 215B heavy shooting HE, then E-100 with HE after I finally died in 215b after like 25 shots. Still, 15 crit mission not done. Had several 18-20 crit games, but not sure, how much of them got from combat reserves.

I finished 20 so far... But now missions start to make me very very very mad... It is so frustrating to grind the harder missions... Looks like I should start to rig the shit out of missions - but Domination seems to be nearly unriggable (or however you call it)... Maybe 30 guys clicking in battle at the same time at 3 am? Would be very interesting

We have a theory going that when they removed the "gas cloud" mechanic they shortened the game time, but forgot to factor that in to the missions. For example, we're pretty sure SH-7 can't be completed with honors, as best we can see you'll win on VP before you get the primary and secondary done.

Edit: just to add individual mission tips we've found:

Spoiler

D-1: get 1 cap in the 1-flag mode, then get 3k damage. Easiest on Berlin imo.

D-2: arty works for the unspotted

D-3: For 5 penning hits in a row, we've used either Leo 1 or things like AMX 50B with full gold, just to get that part as early as possible. Platoonmates tracking high-hp targets for you to arty strike helps, weak armour/waffles are best if possible. Remember you can arty strike the other side of the map, so you can split up to find and track targets.

D-4: much easier with platoonmates helping you get the TDs, they're often rare

D-5: you need a kill with any full hp tank, doesn't need to be your first one. We're not sure if repair bays count.

D-6: this one's basically a freebie

D-7: T110E3 works great, + two high hp tanks like an E100 and an IS-7.

D-8: one cap on the 1-flag mode is 250 VP, then focus on tracking and artying low HP targets. Platoonmates will help. 50 remaining VP should come from farming damage for the arty strikes.

SH-1: best when solo in a 4 platoons+4 solo game, as you can destroy the flags where they spawn. Start with a batchat/leo etc and yolo the middle, you spawn closest, and you can get the 2 flags immediately, then focus on dmg farm for secondary.

SH-2: see above, farming flag returns is silly VPs so just do that. 200 VPs is a win in the FFA mode, so you can't do it there.

SH-3: easiest in a platoon with 2 people setting up the kills. 3 fast tanks is best to cut off their flag carriers.

SH-4: batchat, find an early engage and killsteal, then play safe for the rest of it. On the ice map everyone spawns facing clockwise(?), so turning around and going the other way normally finds someone early.

SH-5: basically a freebie

SH-6: farm damage to get them active, try and track high hp targets to drop them on. Platoon might help, I did it in FFA.

SH-7: you need to be solo in the solo+platoons mode, capping takes too long. Get the resets by rushing mid and "returning" the flags from their spawn points, then farm damage from somewhere just outside the mid. 10k damage and 3 flags is almost enough VP to win, so do not use combat reserves and avoid kills where possible so as to not get VPs, or you'll win before completing. We're not sure this missions is doable with honors, it seems like you always win first.

SH-8: Ugh, fuck knows. Platoon helping I guess, but you get time for 6 arty strikes and needs 5 kills. Low hp, tracked targets, but still a nightmare. Hoping someone finds a trick here/

SH-9: I'm told a waffle with the short gun firing full HE works wonders. I'm not 100% sure that the results from all tanks are added together correctly, so best to do it in one tank. Rumour is that if their tank repairs in a bay, your crits are discounted. We think that yellow+red module counts as 1 crit for the mission, despite being 2 on the after-battle. E-100 with HE gets close, but not managed it yet. Either of the UK tier Xs with HESH are good bets too, but the Action X has crap HESH. Apparently QB did it with the 140 chain tracking rental IS-7s and burning them, plus HE-spamming their guns. Not a nice mission.

1 hour ago, lazydot said:

SH-9 => 29 crits => not enough for mission.

I did 29 crits total, first with 215B heavy shooting HE, then E-100 with HE after I finally died in 215b after like 25 shots. Still, 15 crit mission not done. Had several 18-20 crit games, but not sure, how much of them got from combat reserves.

My theory is that every yellow crit counts EXCEPT tracks which has to be red. But I can't confirm it since I'm so done with this, the missions are terribad and the only reason to play rampage at all since.