Joyrider216

The Super Duper Pershing

98 posts in this topic

t26e4.superpershing.1.jpg

T26E4 Super Pershing

Hello ladies and gents, I am here today to talk about the Super Pershing and why you should play this beast of a tank. A little forerunner, I love this tank and recent got 100% on it

Spoiler

U8Qsdso.png

In name it would appear similar to the M26 Pershing that many know and love, but on the contrary completely the opposite is true

a97RB8j.png

This leads us into...

k15xm17.jpg

Gameplay

Describing how to play the Superpershing was summed up by CanadianTrex as "yolo until everything is dead."

With the buff to its armor returning it to its former glory, you are able to do just that. The quick reload of the 90mm combined with the insane 258mm HVAP pen allow this thing to melt through anything and everything it meets. Moving into a heavy tank choke point and using your quick reload, good gun handling, and tough armor to rip apart your enemies is the best way to play this tank. Lets take a quick look at the armor profile and how you would go about hiding your weaknesses.

fPaNpfg.png

As you can see, the SP relies on spaced armor to bounce and absorb shots from enemies. Because of this, RNG has a way of messing with your mind and causing pens that really shouldn't be happening, as Tranderas can attest :doge: 

When setting up your SP, you want to maximize your strengths, DPM and gun handling. I run Rammers/V. Stabs/ Vents    small repair/ small med/ AFE.

Running food is certainly viable if you are chasing three marks or want to squeeze a few more damages into your DPG, but the tank performs very well even without it.

pyFdggo.png

Summary

So why should you get a Superpershing? 

+ Great armor

+ Excellent gun

+ Very aggressive gameplay

- Can be a bit slow to flex

- Armor can play tricks on you

Overall I would give it a 8.5/10, but who cares when at the end of the battle, the enemy team looks like this.

TiJohaw.jpg

P.S. I would love feedback on the guide, its my first one and would love to write more and get better at it.

Super P: One of select group of tanks I get to over 94% MOE on, and then proceed to shit the bed with to get it back under 90%

I remember how I got an Ace in the Super P within my first few games. I forgot to switch back to AP after taking out an IS-6. Might as well get it again after rage selling a long ass time ago.

Thank you. Extremely useful guide. A clear summary of the information we need about weakspots, equipment, tactics, etc., without excessive masturbatory drama.

Joyrider's advice is undoubtedly the best. But I'll throw out an additional observation for comments. The Spersh seems to have a good combination of camo and view range, and it is even possible to invisisnipe many tanks if your crew and equipment is set up for it. (I often use a camo setup because I am training crews with that setup from other mediums.) So some longer-range play is a possibility, even though we should probably listen to Joyrider for the optimal setup and tactics. Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, xtc4 said:

Thank you. Extremely useful guide. A clear summary of the information we need about weakspots, equipment, tactics, etc., without excessive masturbatory drama.

Joyrider's advice is undoubtedly the best. But I'll throw out an additional observation for comments. The Spersh seems to have a good combination of camo and view range, and it is even possible to invisisnipe many tanks if your crew and equipment is set up for it. (I often use a camo setup because I am training crews with that setup from other mediums.) So some longer-range play is a possibility, even though we should probably listen to Joyrider for the optimal setup and tactics. Any thoughts?

• I think you are absolutely right, it is a possibility with the good base aim time + accuracy of the 90mm. Mainly when I clear a flank, sniping is certainly a possibility.

I think you'd be wasting much of the potential of the SP by sniping with it.  Your ability to tank and hold a position is almost unmatched in tier 8 games.  You're usually better off leading the push when top tier and supporting your heavies when in a tier 9 game.

I just picked one up last week and I am really enjoying it, but I have noticed the gun is pretty trolly when trying to snipe (Dirt OP).  This tank just loves to cuddle, the closer the better.  The only downer is the occasional game where all of the damage just outruns you and you end up with a frustrating 400 damage 15-3 win.

Best IS-6 killer NA.

@xtc4, we need to toon up this weekend, I miss you guys.

Just now, Archaic_One said:

@xtc4, we need to toon up this weekend, I miss you guys.

Love to. Hit me up whenever you see me. A spersh platoon is serious business, almost like a KV2 platoon.:)

I like the guide and appreciate the format. Its refreshing.

I love the Teddy Roosevelt pic fighting bigfoot. The heck you find that?! lolz

Nice guide.

And yeah, superpershing op as hell... Even me, while I was still playing, was pulling way more than my own weight (as a total shitter) in this thing without even tryharding a bit.

2 minutes ago, Matross said:

I love the Teddy Roosevelt pic fighting bigfoot. The heck you find that?! lolz

Same place as these

QpHxQTL.jpgw2c0XFN.jpg0P5xoxZ.jpg

Joy, these pics are AWESOME LOL. Assad fighting off a saber cat. This is GOLD! 

Who is in pic of last one?

Damn, gave 10 reps already today. I would rep again. 

TY Joy!

4 minutes ago, Matross said:

Damn, gave 10 reps already today. I would rep again. 

TY Joy!

Throw a dollar at Never and you can get more upvotes.

Hey nice write up (:

I have been so hesitant to get this thing for ages. Like i could stick my 5 skill American crews in it and go to town, but i have to buy it first >.<

Correction that the HVAP ammo it gets is 258mm of penetration, not 268. (under gameplay tab)

2 hours ago, Matross said:

Joy, these pics are AWESOME LOL. Assad fighting off a saber cat. This is GOLD! 

Who is in pic of last one?

Assad?  That's Nixon fighting the sabertooth tiger.

32 minutes ago, The_direwolf said:

Hey nice write up (:

I have been so hesitant to get this thing for ages. Like i could stick my 5 skill American crews in it and go to town, but i have to buy it first >.<

Definitely buy it.

1 hour ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Assad?  That's Nixon fighting the sabertooth tiger.

LOL, woopsy, I thought it was Assad. What's up with those jelly beans falling out of his pocket? (click image for better view).