Joyrider216

The Super Duper Pershing

98 posts in this topic

I have not played it in a while, would it be worth putting the 10% hi octane fuel on it instead of a fire extinguisher for some better pep when moving?

3 hours ago, xWulffx said:

I have not played it in a while, would it be worth putting the 10% hi octane fuel on it instead of a fire extinguisher for some better pep when moving?

Food.

7 hours ago, Sapros said:

Pretty damn awesome now that it's got 192mm of pen. 

Whoa. 

12 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Whoa. 

Woah indeed, the tank feels a lot more comfortable for cheapfags that refuse to spam APCR in all their matches (me). 192 pen is workable against most heavies, and if I have to fight against an E-75 or something I just use 22 like always :serb:

30 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I got a chance to try it today.  Glorious. Profitable. 

Wow, this might be legit better than the IS-6. At the very least, even easier to play. It can play the mid-long range game decently, has acceptable camo and can even spot for itself. As it stands, the DPM and speed are its only weaknesses. And it still has more DPM than a Lowe. 

While tier for tier this is undoubtedly worse than the E5, taking pref MM into account they might be tied. It's a bargain tonk in WG's standards.

IS-6/112/111 are still better tanks as long as you don't care about farming credits. 

But who plays a premium to pad stats? :kappa:

I still seem to feel that the cupola is just so easy to exploit. The gun is great now, and my opinion is like nothing compared to unicorns but still. Just going up against it the cupola is just such a big/easy target. 

192mm pen?  WHAT THE FUCK WG?

I need to get a new computer so I can get back to playing my SP.  Did they nerf it in any way to compensate?  Pleasesayno pleasesayno pleasesayno...

24 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

192mm pen?  WHAT THE FUCK WG?

I need to get a new computer so I can get back to playing my SP.  Did they nerf it in any way to compensate?  Pleasesayno pleasesayno pleasesayno...

No nerfs or changes.  22mm of penetration at no cost to you! The profits are real. 

12 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

No nerfs or changes.  22mm of penetration at no cost to you! The profits are real. 

Fucking awesome.

The thing already ate IS-6es for breakfast.  Now it's gonna eat even more.

7 hours ago, MoonMewn said:

I still seem to feel that the cupola is just so easy to exploit. The gun is great now, and my opinion is like nothing compared to unicorns but still. Just going up against it the cupola is just such a big/easy target. 

Wiggle your turret and your tank some more.

That makes so much sense, and I'm sad that I was oblivious to it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, canadiantrex said:

Wiggle your turret and your tank some more.

This.^^

When you're brawling at close range, never stop moving, not even to shoot.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get gud in this tank. It's weird because it's always been my bae, but lately it seems like it has virtually zero armor. Way back in the day this thing would eat T9 TD shells, nowadays I get my front blasted by BL-9 AP rounds. Other 90mms are a pain, their APCR autopens my front, and I just got out of a game where a SPIC nearly beat my team because he was snapshotting me through my upper glacis.

My problem isnt even the cupolas - I get how to protect them - but that my front isn't doing its job. I just feel a really, really bad patriot.

I had the same experience. At some point it just seemed to stop having the armor I had learned to rely on. 

I've learned to not really rely on the frontal armor for anything with more than 200~ pen. I know for a fact that the lower plate is a reliable pen for IS-3s, and the upper isn't that much stronger, either. The turret cheeks are also very weak and relatively easy to hit, and then you also have the cupolas. 

Honestly it seems like the tank's armor actually works better when you're angling against multiple tanks, because first of all you inadvertently and chaotically wiggle the shit out of your tank + turret, making weakspots harder to hit. Plus now they're tempted to try sniping your sides, but you can sort of bait out those auto-bounces, etc. That being said, I'm no expert on the Super P. 

I guess it all just comes down to knowing what tanks you can bully and what tanks you have to be careful against. And praying for good RNG so the tomato IS-6 doesn't hit all his AP snapshots on your cupola :P

I've dusted this thing off to train a crew for the T69. I forgot how annoying the Westfield spawns are. 

Just got my Super Pershing today. It's fun, but the armor is trolling me more than it's trolling my opponents. I don't undestand how I get penetrated in the cupola endlessly to death with the wiggling and blocking I try to do with my gun. What other defensive technique is there I can use besides those and using cover.

4 hours ago, FoolieCoolie said:

Just got my Super Pershing today. It's fun, but the armor is trolling me more than it's trolling my opponents. I don't undestand how I get penetrated in the cupola endlessly to death with the wiggling and blocking I try to do with my gun. What other defensive technique is there I can use besides those and using cover.

Play more OP tenks:megadoge:

I got the Super Pershing in December and have a similiar experience. I think it has been power creeped too much. The only luck I find is loading apcr and charge at less experienced enemy who panics and just fire away shots instead of aiming for weak spots. 

Then I bought the Patriot and my life has never been the same. :trump:

Don't sit still. Don't sit still and try to wiggle. Keep moving (at your glacial pace) and bully. It will work best that way. 

So I did figure out how to more effectively use my armor after playing today.

1. Best thing I can do is cover the more obvious cupola with the corner of a building or something. I've found out if I do this, some players panic and try to then shoot my lower glacis, which so far has not been penetrated. Better yet, they aim for the cupola but shoot the building instead, lol. I have yet to be penetrated on the turret cheeks while in this position.

2. Lock my turret, raise my gun, wiggle my hull just a bit. The difference in my strategy now compares to before is that I lock my turret as I just move the hull, which I assume makes cupola sniping harder than if the turret alone is wiggled? In my observation, turret wiggling alone is pretty ineffective as I still put shots into an M103's cupola quite easily. However, it was harder to hit when he was rocking back and forth as well. Oddly, people don't think to hit the turret ring or lower cheeks when I do this. 

Of course, people generally aimed less for my cupola today than yesterday (afternoon vs late night player-base??), so I might be biased in my experience. Overall I have a lot more fun playing my Super Pershing than my Ravioli.