Sign in to follow this  
Kuroialty

[0.9.12] Received Damage Announcer (previously by Omegaice)

12 posts in this topic

j2qy7qi.pngg48SyGd.png

Get the file here.  damageAnnouncer.pyc file uncompiled into raw python can be obtained here for future updating.

This is an update to Omegaice's damage announcer that was more recently updated by PLSiusiak here.  PLSiusiak has apparently been gone and not updated the mod, so I decided to do it.  I only figured out how it was broken and the fix once I looked at another damage announcer being worked on by Elkano here.

I don't intend to regularly update this mod.  The point of it being designed the way it was was supposedly to future-proof it anyways.

If you have compatibility problems running this mod together with other mods, it may cause WoT to crash, so check to see if it works properly by running a replay first.  I recommend installing this mod first, on the "bottom" of your mod stack.

Is this legal on NA? The whole "Displays a message when you are hit of who attacked you" thing sounds against NA rules, where we aren't allowed to know that kind of information unless the client itself tells you (i.e you take module damage and it says "x module was damaged by y".). I had to edit my damage panel a good year or two ago to comply with that & stop transmitting who fired.

I suspect no one will care enough to ever punish someone for using this, but it's something to be aware of.

This is literally the most annoying kind of mod in WoT. Nobody on the team really cares if you accidentally shot the guy who decided to peek the corner infront of you...My other favorite one is the one that alerts the entire team every time you get spotted, dumbest idea ever.

I hoped it would have died when the developer(s) stopped work on it... this combined with the auto-spotted and safe shot spam are the cancer of 'chat'

46 minutes ago, It's_Matra said:

I hoped it would have died when the developer(s) stopped work on it... this combined with the auto-spotted and safe shot spam are the cancer of 'chat'

I need safe shot otherwise my impulse rage at pubbie idiocy would have got me banned for TK by now.

40 minutes ago, Zezti said:

I need safe shot otherwise my impulse rage at pubbie idiocy would have got me banned for TK by now.

Safe shot is fine... PROVIDING people use it properly and turn off the chat spam

4 hours ago, Haarmless said:

This is literally the most annoying kind of mod in WoT. Nobody on the team really cares if you accidentally shot the guy who decided to peek the corner infront of you...My other favorite one is the one that alerts the entire team every time you get spotted, dumbest idea ever.

QFT

I kind of like when peoples run mod which annouces when they are hit by arty, tells that I have arty reload worth of safe time from that clicker.

14 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Is this legal on NA? The whole "Displays a message when you are hit of who attacked you" thing sounds against NA rules, where we aren't allowed to know that kind of information unless the client itself tells you (i.e you take module damage and it says "x module was damaged by y".). I had to edit my damage panel a good year or two ago to comply with that & stop transmitting who fired.

I suspect no one will care enough to ever punish someone for using this, but it's something to be aware of.

If you had read PLSiusiak's thread, you would have seen people have a discussion about this already.  The result of that was the creator of the mod fashioning the code in such a manner that things like using hidden info to calculate reload and calling out damage from unspotted enemies would not happen on certain servers, NA being one of them.  I did not remove that restriction when fixing the mod to become 9.12 compatible, and as far as I could tell, nothing else I changed circumvented it.  Anyone can download the .py file I linked and read the code in plain text to verify this still being the case.

13 hours ago, Haarmless said:

13 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

The mod comes with a configurable vehicle_damage.json file that can be edited to not do this team announce by setting "team_announce" "enabled" to false.  I did that for my personal copy because I also find that chat spam annoying.  Perhaps I should have packaged and distributed the mod that way by default.

Or use GambitER's Damage log (also counts damage blocked) instead (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/413462-0912-gambiter-s-damage-log-english-v021/). Less annoying since it is not logging in chat...

It is also part of Juhaas' modpack (http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/19625-0912-juhaass-essentials-mod-pack-ver-091203/).