Vettish

M4A1 Revalorisé

144 posts in this topic

Anyone play this thing? Looks terrible to me. Is this a T-34 heavy wanna be? Ok'ish gun and nothing else but even without the tough American turret? I always liked the idea of this tank or the Israeli Sherman but at tier 8? Does not even have preferential matchmaking?!?!

Maybe a tier 7 with or without pref mm but tier 8 without?

I would think this tank is not worth playing much less paying for. Any insight?

@JunkersHiryu seemed to enjoy it on his stream. It's plays like a TD and prints credits. I kind of want one, but I only have a 3-girl French medium crew. 

I love it!! Prints credits like no tomorrow and you can auto-aim the shit outta everything as that flight velocity is insane!

First ever game: http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=172042

can't remember exactly when this one was... http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=172511

It seems to be quite temperamental however as sometimes that 200 pen will butter everything and the next minute in the same spot it won't... I still like it though, not so great in city maps and you have to play peek-a-boom 

Sooooooo it does everything the CDC does but worse?

390 alpha is pretty decent though......

Just picked it up cause fuck money.

2/10 medium

5/10 TD

its basically a slow charioteer with trashy pen that prints money and has massively better gun handling, view range, turret traverse, health.

So far all my best games are on city maps where I can out trade everyone/peekaboo preoccupied opponents. Hitting for 390 is very nice especially when you get those occasional 450 damage rolls.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2300669#ensk-schnitzeltruck-m4a1_revaloris

First ace in it. Dont feel like I did much, but the damage racks up fairly quickly.

Tier10 matches suck just like with any tier8. With the poor mobility you need to have really stupid opponents or really good positioning. At least you hit tier10s for 390 instead of 240 like the other tier8 prems, so when you actually do get an opportunity to pen you do more than tickle damage.

TL;DR, good for making some quick creds, bad for winning, extremely team reliant.

3 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

I love it!! Prints credits like no tomorrow and you can auto-aim the shit outta everything as that flight velocity is insane!

First ever game: http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=172042

can't remember exactly when this one was... http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=172511

It seems to be quite temperamental however as sometimes that 200 pen will butter everything and the next minute in the same spot it won't... I still like it though, not so great in city maps and you have to play peek-a-boom 

I assume by the Food that you're running Rammer + Vstab + Vents?

How many credits do you profit on average with that set up?

I must say, I'm tempted to get one of these. I have a T-34-3, and I'm awful at it, but it has also given me some of my best games, and it's a tank I really like, so I'm interested in seeing how it stands among mediums with big guns. 

2 hours ago, Spyshadow01 said:

I assume by the Food that you're running Rammer + Vstab + Vents?

How many credits do you profit on average with that set up?

You would assume correctly.

On a good game 80k-ish (90k if food is half price!)

Crap game about 20-40k, average game probably around the 60-70k mark. Even when you do face tier tens you play no different to 8s as your hull is made of paper, it's all about that gun which makes a surprisingly good sniper and shooting other tanks when they are on the move

That's actually a pretty respectable profit, I think I'll try that out for a bit. 

I'm having some definite difficulties with the tank, need to learn how to not get shot as much.  I don't think I've had a game where something didn't break or someone didn't die in my tank.  :/

it's a tier 8 medium tank with a tier 9 105MM gun, it is more accurate, faster aim time, but less pen than the BL9

it has one of the fastest shells in the game, you do not have lead any shots I don't care how far, or what you are shooting at, the shell travel speed is practically instant(the shells might have a teloporation device pre installed)

as for comparing it to the CDC, it doesn't really matter, since the CDC is essentially a shitier FCM 50T............ for it's tier it's imo better than the CDC is. it has it's own unique playstyle for a premium, and it's easily the best sniping medium at tier 8 not even my love the panther 2 can compete against it.

it's basically the first non prefMM tank that isn't complete shit. CDC is trash, Panther 88 is trash, STA-2 is trash, T54 proto is trash. M4A1 Rev playstyle is unique to it, and it's easily the best sniping medium of tier 8 no other medium can match it. it's basically a NATO WZ-120 at tier 8......

Just now, Xplato said:

it's a tier 8 medium tank with a tier 9 105MM gun, it is more accurate, faster aim time, but less pen than the BL9

it has one of the fastest shells in the game, you do not have lead any shots I don't care how far, or what you are shooting at, the shell travel speed is practically instant(the shells might have a teloporation device pre installed)

as for comparing it to the CDC, it doesn't really matter, since the CDC is essentially a shitier FCM 50T............ for it's tier it's imo better than the CDC is. it has it's own unique playstyle for a premium, and it's easily the best sniping medium at tier 8 not even my love the panther 2 can compete against it.

it's basically the first non prefMM tank that isn't complete shit. CDC is trash, Panther 88 is trash, STA-2 is trash, T54 proto is trash. M4A1 Rev playstyle is unique to it, and it's easily the best sniping medium of tier 8 no other medium can match it. it's basically a NATO WZ-120 at tier 8......

T54 is actually decent after the buffs

It looks and sounds like an interesting tank, now if only they put it in the ingame store because fuck paying $70 NZ for it when I have 16K gold sitting on my account

2 hours ago, Ollie Tabooger said:

Does it play anything like a PTA?

If PTA had a top speed of 40kmh and horrible HP/ton they'd be extremely similar.

Started the day on 10mil creds, ended it on 15mil. Thanks m4a1

To me it just looks like a T-34-3 without any armour or pref mm for better gun depression and handling

1 hour ago, mistermcman said:

To me it just looks like a T-34-3 without any armour or pref mm for shell speed and better base aim time/ base accuracy. Bloom is only better at m4 cuz its slower.

Ftfy :serb: 

T343 dep is buffed in the next patch.

qOqcArG.png

Our favorite and most-educated NA player reviews this tank

12 hours ago, Xplato said:

Going to strongly disagree with much of what you say here. I have plenty of games in each of these premiums. CDC has 256mm APCR, which is superior in every way to the 250mm HEAT. In fact I'd rather have the 8.8's 233mm APCR over the 250mm HEAT. 

CDC: A year ago before corridor meta became GOD, would be the ceame' de la creame' premium tanks in the game. As is though, its one of the best mediums in SH's and scales excellently with the abilities of its driver. 6/10

Panther 8.8: Doesn't have the speed the Panther 2 has, but I'll take the WAY better handling and essentially the same armor for enhanced credit making any day over the Panther 2. 6/10

STA-2: Needs the right map, but its not terrible. 5/10

T54P: Top tier God. Bottom tier bottomless bitch. Needs pref MM. 2/10

I would need to play the M4A1, but looking at it, it looks like a 34-3 without prem MM with better handling. 34-3 is nothing to write home about in a tier 9 battle, and god help you if you're in a tier 10. I'd rate the M4A1 as a 4/10, Id rather have the flexibility of the CDC 

Im sort of tempted to buy it, it looks interesting, but on the other hand, there so much premium tanks on the test server, i rather wait a bit.

ps: and who know what prem tank we can ``win`` with new year special, since Fv comes end of january, i guess there will be another marathon before that (and i hope not fkn 112...)

3 hours ago, Masterpupil2 said:

qOqcArG.png

Our favorite and most-educated NA player reviews this tank

Please translate to EU: Is this guy an utter shitposter or what?

2 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

I think saying that he is 'not qualified' would be the gently way to say it.
From what I remember some might even say he is quite a retard, because saying he is stupid just isn't enough.

15 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

No. He's not an utter shitposter.

He's a legendary shitposter.

16 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

10 minutes ago, Sergeant_Fgt said:

I think saying that he is 'not qualified' would be the gently way to say it.
From what I remember some might even say he is quite a retard, because saying he is stupid just isn't enough.

ojw9bma.png

I can't really say anything because of the Gold League papers (love and hate mentioning this as much as I do, but they are really anal about the insults thing and there are some WG employees that view these forums); so you can decide for yourself based off his most-recent status update. 

Make new wotlabs account and call retards - retards just as it should be :serb: