Vettish

M4A1 Revalorisé

144 posts in this topic

Yeah, the problem with the Ravioli is that the French line has no mediums until the end of the line, so you don't have any medium crews with good skills laying around if you haven't gotten most of the way through the grind yet.  I retrained one of my light crews to the tank so it wouldn't be so gimped to play.  

This is actually my only french tank...so I didn't even have that option. lol

Hmmm....not sure why you'd buy a premium tank in a line you don't have any other tanks in.  It's not that great a tank.  It was just improved by the recent buffs.  

4 hours ago, Griphos said:

Hmmm....not sure why you'd buy a premium tank in a line you don't have any other tanks in.  It's not that great a tank.  It was just improved by the recent buffs.  

I plan on going up the french line next, and I wanted a good tank for farming credits. Seemed like a win/win. Even underperforming right now, I'm making more profit in this tank than any others.

So, I'm improving in this tank, however, I just find it lacking, especially for a premium. Penetration is just so meh... even with HEAT. It is completely out of place in T10 games. I also have a huge number of inexplicable misses that is driving me INSANE. Like, the tank is entirely within my reticle, sitting still, and it derps a shell into the ether... This, in typical RNJESUS fashion, always seems to happen to a tank I would finish off, or a soft target. Of course.

I find the lack of acceleration and top speed really annoying, coming from fast mediums. There are faster heavies... It makes it hard to relocate, and it makes cleanup really frustrating... For a tank with absolutely NO armor, it should have more speed. I think it should have preferential matchmaking in it's current state, to be perfectly honest. There is no reason for this tank to see T10 games.

Of course, I suck, so it could just be me.

The strength of this tank is alpha and shell velocity on a relatively mobile platform.  It's shoots quite accurately, in my experience, because of that very fast shell velocity.  It's not a hovermed, though.  Play it like British or German mediums.  Flank, vision kite, support. etc.  

I have a stange gravitation to tanks with good guns on mediocre platforms, and I love this tank. People say 200 APCR pen is lacking, but 200 APCR is a godsend for a person like me, who's first experience in high tiers was with an AMX 13 75. My only real issue is, I struggle to understand high tier meta. Playing in T9 and T10 battles in a paper medium feels scary, so I dunno how to react to the situation; it feels different from doing the same in a T6 or T7 battle, oddly.

I end up doing the best playing it like a turreted TD or a sniper medium, so I guess that's how the Ravioli works?

2 hours ago, Griphos said:

The strength of this tank is alpha and shell velocity on a relatively mobile platform.  It's shoots quite accurately, in my experience, because of that very fast shell velocity.  It's not a hovermed, though.  Play it like British or German mediums.  Flank, vision kite, support. etc.  

The accuracy is fantastic, when it doesn't just randomly flake out. I have drilled some tanks moving across fields from 300m+... then missed tanks from 100m broadside with fully aimed shots.

I really don't understand what happens on some misses. I'll be zoomed in on a tank, with the whole tank actually overlapping my dispersion circle, and for some unknown reason, the shell just vanishes... Should I turn on server reticle?

From your description, it sounds as if there are lag issues.  Ghost shots are often the result of lag between server side and player reticle.  If this often happens to you after moving the reticle onto the tank (i.e., just after gun traverse), then it's even more likely to be lag.  If it happens when the gun is still for a bit and fully aimed in, I'm less certain what to tell you.  

I hate server reticle by itself.  So jumpy.  But the old server reticle mod that imposed a server reticle on top of the player-side reticle was fantastic.  I don't use mods any more, but I'd use that one if I could find one that works.  

Going to run a persistent ping to see if it is perhaps packet loss issues. That's what it seems like, anyway. It doesn't seem to happen when I am on USW. Only USE.

Traded my T34 in (6k) for the revolver. End price - 1200 gold. Only had time for one game but god the gun handling is good and also alpha :) Very nice. 

Does anyone have some good replays with this tank?

I'm trying to mark it (80% atm) and i'd like to see how good players use it.

YouTube only gave me replays of lucky shitlords running cheap fire extinguishers shooting at red bobs, I want to see how a uniscum/blueshitter plays this tank :)

1 hour ago, WhatTheSkara said:

YouTube only gave me replays of lucky shitlords running cheap fire extinguishers shooting at red bobs, I want to see how a uniscum/blueshitter plays this tank :)

19 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Can 9.17 replays work in 9.19? If so, then I have a few good ones for you. Love this tank!

Floating between 92% and 94.5%..

Any tips on how to be more consistent?

Btw 250 heat sucks dix :feelsbad:

On 6/21/2017 at 9:22 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

Floating between 92% and 94.5%..

Any tips on how to be more consistent?

Btw 250 heat sucks dix :feelsbad:

That HEAT is absolutely terrible. It's almost not even worth loading any and just use APCR exclusively. The tank is one of the hardest to play in my opinion and therefore hard to be consistent with. Seeing as many tier 10 games as it does due to the MM does absolutely no favors for it.

1 hour ago, DirtyACE7 said:

That HEAT is absolutely terrible. It's almost not even worth loading any and just use APCR exclusively. The tank is one of the hardest to play in my opinion and therefore hard to be consistent with. Seeing as many tier 10 games as it does due to the MM does absolutely no favors for it.

Yeah it's hard, especially with the recent armour inflation.

I carry 20 heat in mine, and actually spam them a lot..

But yeah, I'm not consistent enough to get those marks..

Went back at 92.something after getting to 94.8 twice

58 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Yeah it's hard, especially with the recent armour inflation.

I carry 20 heat in mine, and actually spam them a lot..

But yeah, I'm not consistent enough to get those marks..

Went back at 92.something after getting to 94.8 twice

You're having a better time than me in it. I'm still trying to get my second mark and it has gotten considerably tougher to have good games in this tank since the reworked MM.

On 08/06/2017 at 8:03 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

OP plays his a fair bit, dunno how to find a batch of his games though. There's one battle in it at 1:32 in this https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144190078