Sign in to follow this  
FeeTFooD

Asia Server FO4 discussion (Spoiler on page 2)

237 posts in this topic

Anyone else think that your Old man son from the Institute just has a flawless complexion? Like fuck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I saw Shaun/Fathee I was so furious that they had brainwashed Dhaun (not knowing the child synth was a synth) that I shot him in the face as soon as he walked through the door. I then thought "maybe I shouldn't have done that", reloaded my save then found out that Father was Shaun. Looks just like the player character, but old.

I still haven't finished the game either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been trying to get all the companion perks. The Nick Valentine Quest - "A Long Time Coming" was a nice quest and I have just finished Robert Mac Cready's Quest - "A Long Road Ahead but it hasn't given me the perk :nmad:

Have also started making a collection of Power Armour suits since there are so many available, especially with the BoS running around and dying while on patrol. 

The controls for the settlements is poor and it can be annoying to try and build things that are floating in the air. The limited instruction doesn't help. After the third time one of the settlements wife was kidnapped I was wanted to kill her myself so I didn't have to worry able find her again.

Taking back the castle was interesting when the queen turn up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using the Fudgemuppet Sharpshooter build. I'm level 7 and have 105hp. I'm so fucking fragile it's ridiculous.

I don't use melee at all and here is a starting special I came up with for utility build 

S3

P4

E3

C5

I5

A4

L4

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShadowMK said:

have just finished Robert Mac Cready's Quest - "A Long Road Ahead but it hasn't given me the perk :nmad:

I assume you are playing it on PC?

Try typing:

~

player.addperk 00178d50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2015, 3:59:04, ShadowMK said:

Have been trying to get all the companion perks. The Nick Valentine Quest - "A Long Time Coming" was a nice quest and I have just finished Robert Mac Cready's Quest - "A Long Road Ahead but it hasn't given me the perk :nmad:

Have also started making a collection of Power Armour suits since there are so many available, especially with the BoS running around and dying while on patrol. 

The controls for the settlements is poor and it can be annoying to try and build things that are floating in the air. The limited instruction doesn't help. After the third time one of the settlements wife was kidnapped I was wanted to kill her myself so I didn't have to worry able find her again.

Taking back the castle was interesting when the queen turn up! 

pro tip : use the concrete floor blocks in the wooden floors section, they can double as walls and are really flexible with how you can place them.

on that note does anyone know where lots of concrete can be found? cinder blocks in build locations are kinda sparse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, westybig said:

pro tip : use the concrete floor blocks in the wooden floors section, they can double as walls and are really flexible with how you can place them.

on that note does anyone know where lots of concrete can be found? cinder blocks in build locations are kinda sparse

Quarries? Traders sell it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2015, 10:17:13, FeeTFooD said:

Quarries? Traders sell it too.

ill have to look around, havent bothered with the caps economy at all in this game.

been really consumed with settlement building lately, really enjoying it for some reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2015, 8:03:09, Storm said:

I assume you are playing it on PC?

Try typing:

~

player.addperk 00178d50

Storm, he gave me the perk last night. I think that there is an in built delay between finishing the quest and the transport time to get the item to his son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my current toon has 1 charisma. I want to convince Mamma Murphy to get off the gear. How will I get the charisma to do that?

Clothing, hat and fashionable glasses will take me to 6. Alcohol will take me to 7. Grape Mentats to 12. That's right, I'm going to take drugs to tell Mamma Murphy to stop taking drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FeeTFooD said:

So my current toon has 1 charisma. I want to convince Mamma Murphy to get off the gear. How will I get the charisma to do that?

Clothing, hat and fashionable glasses will take me to 6. Alcohol will take me to 7. Grape Mentats to 12. That's right, I'm going to take drugs to tell Mamma Murphy to stop taking drugs.

You're a good man, Feet. Showing her the evils of her drug use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided to use the red dress, fashion glasses and trilby hat. That should give a +4 to C and add to the hilarity of using grape mentats and Gwinnett stout for another +6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I did that the first time and it didn't feel right.

You are too good a man for the Wasteland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video is finally up on my channel by the way.

Anyway I've been doing quests for Preston. I am currently doing the one for Somersby Place (or whatever it's called, way down south near the glowing sea). If you go straight to the school from Somersby you encounter a generator near the big Gunners fort with some writing on a door. If you're low on HP like I am (E1) and am playing on Survival, save before opening the door. You will encounter a slightly strong enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

So I visited the museum of Witchcraft for the first time tonight. Let's just say that pants needed to be changed afterwards.

I was thinking of this quest, but just walking around at night makes my rectum quiver enough,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished my second run through the other day, having now completed the main questline allied with the Institute and the BoS on the first and second respectively, felt like extrapolating my thoughts on them, since I'm kinda bored right now.

The Institute is an interesting bunch, they're scientists who don't let morality or ethics get in the way of results, so they've done interesting things on the development of synths, but ultimately they have very small goals, the grand total of 200 years worth of scientific development is an underground bunker with a hydroponics lab and a way to access ground water, and the ability to spy on the surface with advanced robots. The only reason they're seen as the bad guys is because our own, anarchist-free views on society tell us that kidnapping = heinous crime, even though in the wasteland it would really be a huge non-issue, compared to the threat super mutants, or raiders or whatever possess, in the anarchy of the wasteland, a group that kidnaps a few people every now and again and substitutes them with robot spies isn't really that bad at all. 

The BoS isn't quite as interesting as the Institute, as their motives are solely driven by Elder Maxson having seen Terminator, as he's basically terrified of Skynet, and that's why they want to exterminate the Institute, also of note is that Maxson gets grumpier as the questline progresses, my theory on him is that he will end up like a Shakespearean tragedy, good ideals, but doomed to failure through a flaw in his character that cannot be reconciled. As to the rest of the Brotherhood, I like that they're back to their xenophobic, technology hoarding roots, unlike the aberration that is the BoS in F3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm level 53 using a slightly modified sharpshooter build designed by Fudgemuppet (ignore their back stories though). I've just entered the institute by using the Minutemen to build the relay stuff and I'm going to stick with them to finish the main story… because fuck the BoS, Institute and Railroad.

When I finish this play through I'm going to play Skyrim for a while and then maybe do a BoS character.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.