Sign in to follow this  
FeeTFooD

Asia Server FO4 discussion (Spoiler on page 2)

237 posts in this topic

Completed the main story with the Minutemen, still have to defeat the BoS though. I need to instigate a war somehow.

Go shoot a few of them up and you're good.

BoS have been defeated. Now to either search for everything with my main character and uncover the entire map or try a new build and different faction. I didn't manage to get Danse's perk before wiping out the BoS, honestly I should have just executed him when I had the chanse (see what I did there?)

I'm still torn about which way to go. Minutemen or BOS.  Both Garvey and that BOS boss seem like fuck-knuckles but BOS seem to have the good toys.   

Also if you want the unique Gatling laser from Maxim you need to defeat the BoS as the Institute. When you defeat them as the Minutemen there is no chance of getting Maxim's gear.

Swan is a giant kitten. I three shotted him on Survival using a .50cal Sniper Rifle. Sure I had 6.3x sneak damage bonus but that's irrelevant. 

Camo hax confirmed.

I'm only level 17 at the moment, and I still find on using a customized 10mm pistol more than any other weapon.

So I finally encountered the infamous Swan yesterday, next time I'm bringing a Fat Man...

There is a APC just near his pond which you can hide in.   I sat in there and took him down with a 45 combat rifle pistol lol.  It cost me a lot of stimpacks  a shitload of ammunition and was like a death of a thousand cuts for him.

Pointless, costly, time consuming...but still fun

Best of both worlds then - I'll sit in the APC using a Fat Man.*

*Once I rescue Rex from Trinity Tower which is my current quest

Another way to defeat Swan is to get your fat man launcher, look for the pile of debris in the water and just start shelling him.

I've got Preston in a suit of T-45 with Minutemen paint (I'm only keeping full suits this play through), currently waiting for me at the castle. Last night I found a minigun with the explosive buff. Guess what Preston is getting. 

I was wondering what to do with my collection of suits.  its like a junkyard at Sanctuary.  Everything from T45 to BOS T-60's.   In a dick move I mistakenly scrapped the bloody Armor Station.  Now have to upskill to build a new one

What I'm presently doing is keeping stock of what I have and if I'm missing any parts, only take what I need. For example I got a T-51 suit yesterday and it is missing an arm and a leg. If I find another suit of T-51 that isn't complete I'll simply take the fusion core and the parts I need and leave the frame. 

As I find T-60 and X-01 suits I'll only take complete suits or the parts I need to make them.

And Swan is dead on my first serious attempt, courtesy of a shredding minigun and some Psycho.

No power armour required.

I take pretty much all the power armour I find with me, assuming I can carry it, and put it all in a box next to my power armour frames for ease of access if I ever wanted to swap anything (mostly for aesthetic purposes, since I'm not min-maxing), where I keep a couple of suits of various design and purpose, any extra frames get dumped behind a house in sanctuary, where they will gather rust.

I thought that dotted line on my pip boy was the map border until I wandered into the glowing sea.

Phwarken..................many pants were shat in there.

On 12 January 2016 at 6:31 PM, Storm said:

I take pretty much all the power armour I find with me, assuming I can carry it, and put it all in a box next to my power armour frames for ease of access if I ever wanted to swap anything (mostly for aesthetic purposes, since I'm not min-maxing), where I keep a couple of suits of various design and purpose, any extra frames get dumped behind a house in sanctuary, where they will gather rust.

I hate power armor I refuse to use it.  Much prefer running around nude, obviously after a heavy dose of Psycho.

In all seriousness my playthrough has stalled with about 50% of the map cleared.  I was really enjoying it at a lot and will go back one day to finish the last 50% of the map, if I can drag myself off ESO.

Kinda addicted to building settlements actually, could be the best part of Fallout 4.  Makes me wonder if Bethesda might implement such a system in their next Elder Scrolls game..

Sign in to follow this