Sign in to follow this  
FeeTFooD

Asia Server FO4 discussion (Spoiler on page 2)

237 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Fruity_Ninja said:

I hate power armor I refuse to use it.  Much prefer running around nude, obviously after a heavy dose of Psycho.

In all seriousness my playthrough has stalled with about 50% of the map cleared.  I was really enjoying it at a lot and will go back one day to finish the last 50% of the map, if I can drag myself off ESO.

Kinda addicted to building settlements actually, could be the best part of Fallout 4.  Makes me wonder if Bethesda might implement such a system in their next Elder Scrolls game..

Hearthfire?

I've just discovered the joys of using buffjet when facing Legendary Deathclaws with a pimped out Combat Rifles.

My character's now addicted but he just doesn't care...   :)

7 hours ago, Fruity_Ninja said:

I hate power armor I refuse to use it.  Much prefer running around nude, obviously after a heavy dose of Psycho.

That sounds like exactly the sort of thing you would do.

In all seriousness my playthrough has stalled with about 50% of the map cleared.  I was really enjoying it at a lot and will go back one day to finish the last 50% of the map, if I can drag myself off ESO.

I think I got through a similar amount before I took a pre-emptive break to avoid burn-out, since I played it a lot just after release on console, and then again once I got my PC working, afterwards will go on a Fallout run and play through all of the older games too.

Kinda addicted to building settlements actually, could be the best part of Fallout 4.  Makes me wonder if Bethesda might implement such a system in their next Elder Scrolls game..

Undoubtedly, I'm hoping they go and take a good look at Halo's forge mode, since the two have very similar mechanics, and they can take a whole bunch of the features that have made forge as good as it is, the end result would be a settlement creator which would have far more freedom, which I think would suit the fantasy nature of TES a lot more than the current implementation, also am looking forward to making things that don't look like glorified piles of junk.

6 hours ago, FeeTFooD said:

Hearthfire?

I played Skyrim through 2 full 120 hour plus playthroughs before the first expansion even released.  Never went back to play the expansions, at least not yet...

Is it good?  You can build things?

@Storm.  Did you get FO3 backwards compatible version included with FO4?  Also what happened to your challenge?  I've been patiently waiting screenshots on my feed, of a settlement that would put mine to shame, considering your wardec and all... :P

1 hour ago, Fruity_Ninja said:

Is it good?  You can build things?

@Storm.  Did you get FO3 backwards compatible version included with FO4?  Also what happened to your challenge?  I've been patiently waiting screenshots on my feed, of a settlement that would put mine to shame, considering your wardec and all... :P

It was basically bethesda testing the waters for what they did with F4, I like it, but it's very simple compared to what's in F4, basically you collect materials (mainly wood and iron), which are then consumed to create sections of a house.

Yes, would you like it? I have F3 on PC, so no need for it on xbox too.

As for that, at the time of writing it wasn't ready, and since then I *might* have forgotten, when I next play the exterior is probably as good as it will ever be, so I'll take some screenshots then (next Sunday, or perhaps Monday, will be when I next have access to muh PC, as I'm in Sydney right nao). 

1 minute ago, Storm said:

It was basically bethesda testing the waters for what they did with F4, I like it, but it's very simple compared to what's in F4, basically you collect materials (mainly wood and iron), which are then consumed to create sections of a house.

As for that, at the time of writing it wasn't ready, and since then I *might* have forgotten, when I next play the exterior is probably as good as it will ever be, so I'll take some screenshots then (next Sunday, or perhaps Monday, will be when I next have access to muh PC, as I'm in Sydney right nao). 

Really? Fuck's sakes man, say so next time you're up. 

50 minutes ago, FeeTFooD said:

You can build houses and adopt children. I'm currently playing the game with 4K clothing textures. PHWOAR!

Would not adopt kids.

Sometimes I get married.  I usually try to kill them to free myself from their nagging and tyranny though..

10 minutes ago, Storm said:

F3 came free with F4 on X1 iirc.  I'll probs play it for nostalgic purposes.

ok nice look forward to it.  Just do a video capture on Xbox, take me on a guided tour- much easier that way.  If it's bigger than mine I'll have to revisit it, tbh I could do with more interior decorations as a long term plan.

Why you in Sydney?  Holiday? Business?  Pleasure?

11 minutes ago, Fruity_Ninja said:

ok nice look forward to it.  Just do a video capture on Xbox, take me on a guided tour- much easier that way.  If it's bigger than mine I'll have to revisit it, tbh I could do with more interior decorations as a long term plan.

Why you in Sydney?  Holiday? Business?  Pleasure?

Made it on PC, would have been impossible on console (I used commands to triple the amount of objects I could use), thought that does mean taking lots of screenshots and posting them will be easier, even if I can't record one of those clips.

Family.

17 minutes ago, FeeTFooD said:

Really? Fuck's sakes man, say so next time you're up. 

Got here literally a few hours ago, so it's not like there were many opportunities either way, but next time, sure, don't know when it will be, but it's not a super rare occasion.

On 12/28/2015 at 9:12 AM, Storm said:

The Institute is an interesting bunch, they're scientists who don't let morality or ethics get in the way of results, so they've done interesting things on the development of synths, but ultimately they have very small goals, the grand total of 200 years worth of scientific development is an underground bunker with a hydroponics lab and a way to access ground water, and the ability to spy on the surface with advanced robots. The only reason they're seen as the bad guys is because our own, anarchist-free views on society tell us that kidnapping = heinous crime, even though in the wasteland it would really be a huge non-issue, compared to the threat super mutants, or raiders or whatever possess, in the anarchy of the wasteland, a group that kidnaps a few people every now and again and substitutes them with robot spies isn't really that bad at all. 

The BoS isn't quite as interesting as the Institute, as their motives are solely driven by Elder Maxson having seen Terminator, as he's basically terrified of Skynet, and that's why they want to exterminate the Institute, also of note is that Maxson gets grumpier as the questline progresses, my theory on him is that he will end up like a Shakespearean tragedy, good ideals, but doomed to failure through a flaw in his character that cannot be reconciled. As to the rest of the Brotherhood, I like that they're back to their xenophobic, technology hoarding roots, unlike the aberration that is the BoS in F3.

The fear regarding the Institute is actually a very good angle but IMO not well made. Think of it like this, you're in the crazy crazy wild post apocalyptic world full of hostile threats, an average joe who just want to get by and survive will obviously wanted a safe haven, and those people will make settlement, communities, and often seen in the FO universe, these communities aren't always large, often small, tight knit ones, like a town where people will know everyone. Now the townfolks are one by one replaced by synths, lets say they are kidnapped, missing for some days, and returned back with the people in the community glad the person is safely came back. To a point in which half of the population of the community is now a synth and people starts to detect slight strange indications to their behaviors, people start to go missing in a more frequent basis only to come back some times later with their behavior somewhat slightly amiss. Then one day, lets say a married couple, the wife found out that her husband is a synth, maybe during the intercourse, or maybe some mutant attack that shows some body organs in the injury, or maybe the wife say her husband talking with people in lab coats or those recallers and they zap outta sight by teleporting. News spread about the possibility of the ones they know aren't the same, their safe haven invaded, feeling not safe, paranoia rises, and accusations are made, disrupting the single place where the members of the community feel safe. Maybe you can say, hey, its not such a big deal, its not like they're doing harm. Well, things have sentimental values, so as an outsider, the importance of the synths replacing people aren't immediately apparent. Also, to add the part where the Commonwealth was ever tried to have some sort of council or something to unite them and having a rogue/malfunctioning synth wreaking havoc and leaving the people scarred ain't helping. Also, what does the Institute do for the ones that are kidnapped and replaced? Not to mention  the synths can be programmed and possibly inserted into ranks in a society and possibly with malicious intent, the behavior of the Institute and their secrecy, shut in behavior doesn't help to ease people paranoia either. The Institute doesn't even tries to use real people from their own to communicate, due to their own beliefs that the whatever up there is corrupted. Maybe the Institute at the point of time in fallout 4  isn't exactly evil, but to the commoners, they sure look malicious. If anything the Institute is like Eldars, [email protected],  [email protected]

3 hours ago, Storm said:

Made it on PC, would have been impossible on console (I used commands to triple the amount of objects I could use), thought that does mean taking lots of screenshots and posting them will be easier, even if I can't record one of those clips.

Family.

Got here literally a few hours ago, so it's not like there were many opportunities either way, but next time, sure, don't know when it will be, but it's not a super rare occasion.

That's cheating.  I demand a fair challenge on Xbox.  Reported.

Maybe when the mods for X1 release then I can access same/similar tools.

Ohhh @bLockhart...you playing FO4 too?

A big FUCK YOU to the Museum of Witchcraft. I was with Cait and she decided she wanted to chat with me. I forgot about the jump scares. Fucking fuck!

8 minutes ago, Fruity_Ninja said:

Ohhh @bLockhart...you playing FO4 too?

Yyyyyyeah, albeit arr

And it seems typing long paragraphs in mobile rekts my grammar

5 minutes ago, FeeTFooD said:

A big FUCK YOU to the Museum of Witchcraft. I was with Cait and she decided she wanted to chat with me. I forgot about the jump scares. Fucking fuck!

http://i.imgur.com/tYlXQPd.gifv

13 minutes ago, Fruity_Ninja said:

I was just bypassing the limit set to stop consoles from crashing! Noob team thanks.

I doubt it, but then again, I don't think anyone thought console mods would ever become a thing, so one can always hope.

People who get jumpscared in witch museum musta doesn't do what a speesh muhreens do,

Walk softly, and carry a big gun. 

On a side note, explosive trait op 

9 minutes ago, Lockhart77 said:

People who get jumpscared in witch museum musta doesn't do what a speesh muhreens do,

:O 

Did you get the original DoW? Or am I confusing my 40k RTS meta?

1 minute ago, Storm said:

:O 

Did you get the original DoW? Or am I confusing my 40k RTS meta?

To clear things up with you, I've played every 40k RTS, however, most are y'arr and so far the only one I bother to go out of my way and have legal copy is retribution. 

:oscar:

19 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

On a side note, explosive trait op 

Admittedly the first time scared the shit outta me.  Took me by surprise and I died....

I then came back and set the biggest explosive trap in the history of Fallout.  Maybe a bit overboard tbh, but I didn't even have to bang bang and it died.  Like it died so bad I don't even think it will be there on my 2nd playthrough!

I just took out a Legendary Deathclaw (not alpha) with 6 shots. Granted it was in VATS with two crits and I had Cait distracting him... 

2 hours ago, FeeTFooD said:

I just took out a Legendary Deathclaw (not alpha) with 6 shots. Granted it was in VATS with two crits and I had Cait distracting him... 

Is Cait your baby momma?

12 hours ago, FeeTFooD said:

Yip. Cait > Piper. 

She's got so much spirit.

I tried to kill Piper but she was unkillable..so annoying.  I hate that, and then they just act nomal next time you see them at base.  It's like "did you not forget I just shot you in the face?"

3 hours ago, Fruity_Ninja said:

I tried to kill Piper but she was unkillable..so annoying.

If only such things could be changed, I suppose if it was possible, it could go into the developers console, which could hypothetically be accessed by the "~" key...

I romanced Cait and cleared The Castle with Cait and Preston. I've equipped all of the Minutemen there with berets or militia hats and sunglasses. I'll be raising Quincy to nick all of the combat armour so I can have a good, strong defence. I repaired the walls using foundations, doesn't look perfect but it's better than having massive gaps. I'm going have it set up so that by the time I'm ready to have the Institute attack I'll have the walls fully manned and defended. Preston and Cait will be in Minuteman T-45. 

I'm actually considering making The Castle my primary base instead of Sanctuary, but all of my shit is as Sanctuary. I guess I could put some perk points into Charisma m, but who can honestly be fucked to do that?

Also, all of my settlements are between 60-80% happiness so when I can finally build artillery I'm going to have one at each settlement. I'll have some real good coverage. 

As soon as I get Preston's perk I'm going to abandon him at The Castle and pick up Deacon and work through the Institute quests until I get Ballistic Weave and his perk. Then I'll have to do MacCready and get his perk (he is my favourite), the possibly do Valentine's.