shutupshake

TVP VTU Koncept: The Czech Turd?

342 posts in this topic

I didn't intend on playing the CZ tanks just yet, but when the Czech It Out missions were announced I decided some free ladies would be worth it now. I fucked up my free xp burn and was left with a semi-elite T-34-100 and a stock VTU. The T-34-100 was a surprising joy regardless. Completing the mission for the tier 7, which was a breeze (in ~25 matches), allowed me to start the Tier 8 elited. Firstly, I think the 8.8cm is the way to go. The DPM, handling, and pretty much everything other than alpha on the 10.5cm is terrible compared to the 8.8cm.

The question is in what style to play it? It has no armor and no gun depression, so it can't be played as a mid range snap shooter. Its view range and camo suck, so it is rough as a ranged sniper. everything pens it. It gets ammo racked often. It's the size of a CDC, but taller and slower. I just find that all of its traits come together to give this tank an overall mediocre character. I will slog through it for the lady, but after she is get I will probably just free xp to the Tier 9.

EDIT: I am going to try using the stock turret with the -8 degrees of depression. This could be enough to improve its snap shooting to a usable level. 

Edit2: This thing bleeds credits. 

Edit3: I tried using the stock turret with the 8.8cm. Muuuuuuch better. You can actually choose where to engage the enemy from. The loss of HP is regrettable, but this isn't really a tank that relies on HP. 

Depending on how much the gun dep bothers you, you could run the stock turret with the 88 for -8 gun dep.

You lose 100HP, 0.24 seconds on the reload, and 0.01 turret bloom, but -8 makes a lot of positions easier to play.

I've said fuck it and have been running the stock turret. Im in a shit tank, might as well make some part of it workable.

The RoF with the stock turret is the same as the panther2, so its not like your DPM is bad. 6.3 second reload (only rammer) is still enough to perma track.

I'm running both the 34/100 & TVP VTU simultaneously

I find the 34/100 straight up dysentery

Found the TVP VTU the same until I switched back to the stock turret.  Now it plays like an inaccurate Panther II

I did run into a decent lad who was running the 10.5 (and doing well) who insisted that the 10.5 made a difference for him.  Not sure I'm willing to dump 17k XP into a dead-end experiment to test his successes myself

Not sure I see anything in the T-34/100 that will cause me particular emotional reactions, honestly.

As sad as that is, this is likely the toughest turret in the tree. Gun handling isn't nearly so rage inducing as on the A-44, I'm used to shit hulls from the T-34-1, but I also won't get the silly thrill of ISU shells glancing off my turret or of bullying lower tiers with semi-functional armor in the KV-13 and VK3002DB. It's just a decent gun to cart around the battlefield. I mostly expect to be bored.

Which I guess is pretty damning in itself since this is supposed to be a recreational activity.

Tier8 sounds troublesome. Bad depression with top turret, super soft, and frequently sees matches where enemy tanks are increasingly good at snapshotting, just doesn't sound like a recipe for success. And judging by the T40, which is the same tank, frontal turret hits damage ammo rack. Ugh.

I'd probably still be tempted to try and make the big 10.5 gun work just because the tank seems to desperately need something to differentiate it from every other 250 alpha tier8 med.

Worst tier8 hands down. It can barely carry itself let alone the asses of 14 subhuman west coast pubbies.

3 man platoon WR of 78% went down to 63% in one afternoon.

I'm running both the 34/100 & TVP VTU simultaneously

I find the 34/100 straight up dysentery

Found the TVP VTU the same until I switched back to the stock turret.  Now it plays like an inaccurate Panther II

I did run into a decent lad who was running the 10.5 (and doing well) who insisted that the 10.5 made a difference for him.  Not sure I'm willing to dump 17k XP into a dead-end experiment to test his successes myself

Sorry; after another couple dozen matches in the 34/100 I would like to admit I was wrong.  It's not like dysentery...

It's like Cholera

34/100 should be good, it gets a slighly better gun as T-34-1, T-34-1 is a good tank (despite no gun depression, bad bloom, no hull armor and massive module dmg)

the tier 8 looks ``strange``, with 3 potential guns, but seem stock with 88 is the way to go, hmm

Oh crap. And i was just so hyped to get tier 10. Tier 7 looks rather meh (w/ stock gun seems literally unplayable) but after reading several topics about this thing, i dont even know do i want to go past tier 6 anymore (loved that thing on test server and most likely keeping it). After that, its basically very long journey until elited tier 9 (and T9 has very long stock grind it seems).

So shame, i want tier 10 so much and cant really free xp all way up to elite tier 9 :feelsbad:

Oh crap. And i was just so hyped to get tier 10. Tier 7 looks rather meh (w/ stock gun seems literally unplayable) but after reading several topics about this thing, i dont even know do i want to go past tier 6 anymore (loved that thing on test server and most likely keeping it). After that, its basically very long journey until elited tier 9 (and T9 has very long stock grind it seems).

So shame, i want tier 10 so much and cant really free xp all way up to elite tier 9 :feelsbad:

Personally it feels a bit like fighting through the Panthers in order to get the E50's.

Looking back on that grind, I think I did learn from it, despite the pain.

34/100 wasn't the worst thing on the planet.  I managed 67% in the 24 games it took me to get 10 top 5 wins.  Now I'm in stock tier 8 TVP... yeesh!

Tier 7 is awful, and we on the EU server don't even have the consolation/distractions of the missions.

I think compared to other tier 7 meds it MAY be ok, but that's like saying it's a slightly prettier, better smelling turd.

It's still a turd.

This tanks only redeeming/special feature over other in its tier is gun handling with upgraded 88mm gun, its same level as t10 mediums get and very good for its tier. Effectively better than pershing when taking account lot better aim time. Also gun has decent APCR as gold round.

That better depression from stock turret is would be really good for style of the tank even though it loses some stats for it, gotta test if it really works well.

Comparision between two TVP turret versions and pershing:

http://tanks.gg/en/wot/compare#t:tvp-vtu;3m00000.c:tvp-vtu;2m00000.c:pershing

34/100 should be good, it gets a slighly better gun as T-34-1, T-34-1 is a good tank (despite no gun depression, bad bloom, no hull armor and massive module dmg)

the tier 8 looks ``strange``, with 3 potential guns, but seem stock with 88 is the way to go, hmm

Not stock, there is 4 gun options of which upgraded 88mm is only good IMHO. Upgraded 105mm gives good alpha but loses lot of aim time and wastes lot of exp for dead end of tech tree.

I wasted exp to try best 105mm gun and did not like it. Yes alpha is nice but losing aim time and accuracy is bad idea in paper tank like this. Turret face with is pretty big target with that flat never-bounce armor... Sta-1 has lot tougher turret which tells lot...

I think this may be the worst tank I have ever played.

Honestly I would rather in the Skoda T25 for any game I could enter into with the TVP VTU.

It successfully combines the armor of a newspaper in the rain with the camo of a radioactive stadium with sub-par speed with the acceleration of a 50s Soviet automobile with the turning of a cheap American car with the gun handling of a drunken baby. The standard pen is decent and the RoF is decent but the rest of the tank and the handling is so terrible it doesn't matter for shit. The gold pen is disappointing and the handling still makes the gold round shit. The crew placement is shit, get shot in the turret lose a commander and gunner, get shot in the hull bye bye driver. Get shot literally anywhere and lose your ammorack, and the engine constantly breaks. The turret turns slowly and even can be circled by almost any medium or light quite easily. This tank cant brawl, it can't flank, it can't run away, it can't accelerate up a hill to poke ridgelines, it can barely even snipe with the anemic shell velocity and terrible handling. I think the only redeeming factor is you have several option on how you want yourself fucked.

Sounds like the tier 7 tank to me. Did you play through the 34/100? Is it better or worse than the tier 8? If worse I might shoot myself in the balls I guess.

Sounds like the tier 7 tank to me. Did you play through the 34/100? Is it better or worse than the tier 8? If worse I might shoot myself in the balls I guess.

Early impressions of the TVP is that it is better than the tier 7, by far (which is more of a  reflection of how bad the tier 7 is rather than how good the tier 8 is).

I played exactly 100 games in the T-34/100 and I hated it. It's the sluggishness, poor gun depression and poor gun handling.

I free xp-ed best 8,8 and tracks for TVP and gun handling, ROF and -8 dep all make a huge difference.

It is playable, and that's all I ask.

Is the basic consensus that the stock turret with the 8.8 is best?  One other thing I noticed is that the stock turret is smaller, so a small advantage to peeking?  Also the angles seen better, ay least face on.

I found the TVP VTU to be so much worse than the 34/100 though the 34/100 was pretty terrible. Though I was pretty lucky in the 34/100 with MM and I only had to play 20 games to get the crew.

Is the basic consensus that the stock turret with the 8.8 is best?  One other thing I noticed is that the stock turret is smaller, so a small advantage to peeking?  Also the angles seen better, ay least face on.

The advantage of the stock turret it not its size but the depression. You get -6 with the top turret and -8 with the stock turret. You do get a small rof and handling increase with the top turret but I feel the extra two degrees of gun depression let you use so many more spots and play hills so much easier than the -6. Also the tanks armor is trash so the more of your hull you can hide to get your shot off the better you'll be.