TheMarine0341

T-34/100: All the 'Meh'

183 posts in this topic

Its not the worst tier 7 MT (T-43 will forever hold that spot in my heart)

Gun is a capable damage dealer. It could certainly use a speed buff, and the -5 depression is depressing. 12 battles in (not elite yet) averaging 1669 DPG which isnt bad for a tier 7 med (I expect Carbon to do 2.9k, but I digress). It REALLY needs a good crew. Glad Im training essentially two crews now as I intend to keep the tier 9 and 10. 

Others thoughts?

Again, mine is "Meh. Ive had better, but DAMN Ive had worse"

FreeXP_Garage_zps42b6224a.jpg

I got the image from google because booting up wot and getting a screenie takes too much effort

Another tank that makes removing D10T from T-43(never forgetti) pointless. But yeah looks meh, T-34 chassis can only go so far, looks like tier 6 is max if you want good tank...

One question, what does the upgraded turret offer other than ten meters of VR? Does it improve gun depression at all because the stock turret seems less than -5 really. Also, does it improve dpm with improved reload? If so I'll free research it because I am having no fun in the tank atm. All I have unlocked is the tracks and gun so far. Thanks!

FreeXP_Garage_zps42b6224a.jpg

LOL, @zapyoug. Weren't you just grinding the stock tier 5 in strongholds two nights ago?

I plan to buy this thing today and get the girl crew member. Any tips on what modules can be skipped to speed up the grind/conserve free XP for modules on the higher tiers?

Its not the worst tier 7 MT (T-43 will forever hold that spot in my heart)

Gun is a capable damage dealer. It could certainly use a speed buff, and the -5 depression is depressing. 12 battles in (not elite yet) averaging 1669 DPG which isnt bad for a tier 7 med (I expect Carbon to do 2.9k, but I digress). It REALLY needs a good crew. Glad Im training essentially two crews now as I intend to keep the tier 9 and 10. 

Others thoughts?

Again, mine is "Meh. Ive had better, but DAMN Ive had worse"

All I can think right through this thread is why call the T-43 the worst tier 7 med if there's a Panther out there?

I first saw one of those T-34/100's out there today btw... sneaky bugger offed me and went back hiding behind houses while an Indien and Pz4S kept annoying my T-44 from the other side... *sigh* 

I don't see anything here that I'll hate (Panther - not medium enough - A-44, garbage fire control, front engine) but nothing real enjoyable either, like the good turret on the T-34-1, the decent hulls of the VK3002D/KV-13 or the great fire control of the T20.

Meh.

While it's probably worth to suffer through not sub-par mid tiers for crew training, I regret that the new line(s) do not contain any real keepers anymore in mid tiers, like the T20, T29, T-34-85, etc...

LOL, @zapyoug. Weren't you just grinding the stock tier 5 in strongholds two nights ago?

I plan to buy this thing today and get the girl crew member. Any tips on what modules can be skipped to speed up the grind/conserve free XP for modules on the higher tiers?

Top Engine only offers 20 more Horse Power and is only used on the 34/100, so Im skipping that

All I can think right through this thread is why call the T-43 the worst tier 7 med if there's a Panther out there?

Because the T-43 is worse than the Panther

So what I'm hearing here is that I should ignore this and play the T-34-1 if I want a 100mm at tier 7.

If you want the 100mm at tier 7 the T-34-1 is indeed better. But, I'll take something with a 90mm at tier 7 over both. This (34/100) need a V-Stab and now

@zapyoug

Any tips on what modules can be skipped to speed up the grind/conserve free XP for modules on the higher tiers?

Skipped the top radio.
415m on tier 8 is a bit low, but usually everybody else has good enough signal range you can leech of.

Careful with the T8 radio on 34/100 though, it electrocutes the radio operator instantly everytime an enemy looks in your general direction, don't think he lived through a single battle.

Fairly bad tank. It's almost a carbon copy of the T-34-85 with 100mm when it existed, which is fine, but the T-34-85 was/is a T6. The T7 version was the T-43 w/100mm, which shits on this due to having twice the armor, better mobility, and better gun dep. Wouldn't doubt it also had better gun handling, but it's been forever.

I'd put it in the bottom third or fourth of t7 meds, which is pretty bad given T7 meds are already very bad compared the HTs. On the other hand, it's really simple to play and I never feel exhausted after a decent T-34/100 session. One of the joys of high alpha.

But yeah, I think the main issues with the tank are the mobility and gun depression. If it had -7 gun dep and/or a another few HP/ton, it'd be a perfectly average tank. Right now it's too slow and its advantages are actually fairly hard to even notice - I mean, it still blooms like a mofo and the RoF is still crippling against 115/135 alpha guns while brawling. If I have to deal with that, I'd rather have the T-34-1, let alone T20.

(I agree with the notion that this should have vstab.)

One question, what does the upgraded turret offer other than ten meters of VR? Does it improve gun depression at all because the stock turret seems less than -5 really. Also, does it improve dpm with improved reload? If so I'll free research it because I am having no fun in the tank atm. All I have unlocked is the tracks and gun so far. Thanks!

http://tanks.gg/en/wot/t-34100#eq:2p00000

What's so bad about the T-43?  

Compared to the Konstrukta, T-43 has higher DPM, similar mobility, 3 more degrees of gun depression, similar gun handling, and lessor alpha, lessor pen but APCR as a premium round.  

This doesn't scream "Konstrukta is clearly better" to me.  

What's so bad about the T-43?  

Compared to the Konstrukta, T-43 has higher DPM, similar mobility, 3 more degrees of gun depression, similar gun handling, and lessor alpha, lessor pen but APCR as a premium round.  

This doesn't scream "Konstrukta is clearly better" to me.  

T-43 gets the same gun as the tier 6, same armor, and while I played it was ammo rack/fuel tanks/engine damage on treads. I am forever scared by that fucking tank

ammo rack/fuel tanks/engine damage on treads.

Have you played A-44? Because A-44 better fits the description.

...but it has a 300alpha gun to grief people with so eh, it owns when it works. 

A-44 is quite deceiving, you think it is going to tbe awesome cause 300 average at tier 7. Then you find out it is terrible because the reload takes forever and the gun is su-152 grade derpy. I also disliked that tank because I couldn't drive it in a straight line. Something about how it handled made it very difficult.

A-44 is awesome when it works. When it doesn't... oh god. It's the opposite of comfy, but it does have it's ups.

I did try A-44 with 57mm and APCR spam, it actually works surprisingly well, think 13-57 with longer intraclip and 130 rounds of pew. Also .16 track dispersion ftw .

I only played a few games in this yesterday but I noticed every time I got shot it seemed something broke or someone died. Anyone else see this or was it just bad luck and a small sample size?

T-43 gets the same gun as the tier 6, same armor, and while I played it was ammo rack/fuel tanks/engine damage on treads. I am forever scared by that fucking tank

T-43 has 75mm of side armor and a 115mm effective front, the armor is way better than the T-34 chassis. I don't think having almost identical side armor to a Tiger 2 is something to shake a stick at...

IMHO T-43 and T-34 both get the same module damage, my T-34/100 is getting its modules bombed every other hit.

T-43 has 75mm of side armor and a 115mm effective front, the armor is way better than the T-34 chassis. I don't think having almost identical side armor to a Tiger 2 is something to shake a stick at...

IMHO T-43 and T-34 both get the same module damage, my T-34/100 is getting its modules bombed every other hit.

I have an illogical hatred of the T-43. I 'know' its better, but I'd be straight happy if that tank and all its spawn of Satan died in an unholy fire

I played through the T-43 when it still got the 100mm and mostly remember module damage issues. I gave it another shot after they buffed the 85mm, and it's a reasonably generic medium, but if I gotta run the 85mm at tier7, I prefer the KV-13. Yeah it reloads a bit slower and has less depression, but the hull is trollier and it has better fire control soft stats.

I guess to me the biggest failing of the T-43 is that I love running the VK3002D with gold shells, and except for traverse rates and pen the VK3002D in its current form is just better. I mean, they just buffed the mobility again!

But the T-43 has hull armor that you can, occasionally, work with, and depression that sort of helps you hide the hull.

The T-34-100 has less hull armor than the T-34-1 which is pretty impressive in itself, the same bad depression, and a more vulnerable turret. I expect to be constantly pining for my tiny Chinese tinderbox while grinding the Czech tier7. The T-34-1 is, after all, smaller than Chinese light tanks.