TheMarine0341

T-34/100: All the 'Meh'

189 posts in this topic

Really enjoyed playing Tiers 4, 5, and 6 of the Czech line. But this thing... Could be worse, but this kind of tank really sucks the fun out of the game for me.

I think a tank has to have at least one noticeable attribute to justify less than 6 degrees of gun depression. The T-34/100 doesn't.

At least the module grind seems short and sweet: tracks then gun. I question the value of the rest? 

Edit: the value of the rest. Bought the top turret and engine in a desperate attempt to make the handling less turd like. 0.6 extra h.p./t means you'll sometimes crack 50kph and even reach the top speed of 54kph instead of barely reaching 49kph. But the improvement is marginal to say the least.

Top turret is an unfortunately necessary exp diversion. Turret turning is so slow with the stock turret I found it hard to even track moving targets. It's still poor with the top turret. But it also comes with improvements to reload, aim time, and dispersion when moving the turret, making it a must.

Currently grinding through this thing. It's pretty meh. Tanks like the T20, Panther, and T-43 were so much better for me.

I'm currently using vents, rammer, and egld but feel like more vision would better. Should I swap the vents or the egld for optics?

6 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Currently grinding through this thing. It's pretty meh. Tanks like the T20, Panther, and T-43 were so much better for me.

I'm currently using vents, rammer, and egld but feel like more vision would better. Should I swap the vents or the egld for optics?

Swap vents.

Any you are kinda lucky to grind 347100, since there are far worse tier 7 tanks.

On 1/25/2017 at 0:51 PM, sohojacques said:

Could be worse, but this kind of tank really sucks the fun out of the game for me.

This. Just one word:

Ikv 90 Typ B

Finished grinding this... thing. Just so meh. It has nice alpha but it doesn't make up for all its other deficiencies like terrible gun handling, no gun depression, lackluster mobility. Just a very forgettable tank for me. I much more prefer the T-43, T20, and Panther. All those tanks clicked with me much much more. I even managed to three-mark the T20.

4 hours ago, xmenxmen2 said:

Ammo loadout?

I suggest 12/15/3

it is easier to run out of ammo than you think (like 4 min of firing). May sound like goldspam, but you wanna take advantage of penetration, and fight as much heavies as you can (from 2nd or 3rd line, of course). They are easier to hit with derpy gun, move slower, are bigger...and less likely to hit you back if you wait for them to be on reload. Also, they win most games in pubs if they manage to force a push, so playing a support TD role is the best way.

You can take just one HE shell if you want more AP, but 12 HEAT is essential to boost your WR, since bad DPM means you have to make your shots count (and killing Comets is worthless anyway)

On 10/02/2017 at 0:32 PM, Felicius said:

and fight as much heavies as you can (from 2nd or 3rd line, of course)

Yeah, once I stared playing this like a gimped hedium I had some okay games towards the end of the grind. Still can't face the tier 8...

This tank is just so typical for tier 7. At tier 6 I can have (on the VK P) 220 alpha with, admittedly, shitty gun handling but good dpm, gun depression and some turret armor that allows for actually sitting and aiming for a bit. Then I get an upgrade at tier 7 to 250 alpha, but for some reason going up a tier isnt enough to balance that alpha increase so I have, even worse gun handling, less dpm, no gun depression and no armor whatsoever. And a tier higher I get 50% more alpha + 30% better gun handling + vstabs because WG knows how to balance their game...

On 6.2.2017 at 0:09 PM, Felicius said:

Ikv 90 Typ B

I strongly disagree, the Ikv is actually kinda fun to play because it has something going for it, fast, gun depression and crazy camo. Sure, the aim time is completely unnecessary, but I am still pulling more dpg than in the /100

This tank is fucking garbage lmao

If it's gonna be this slow it could use an armor buff or a gun accuracy buff.  I don't even care about the pen, I can work with 175mm pen at tier 7.

But for fuck's sake there's literally zero reason for this to have the armor, speed, and size of a barn and a derpy as fuck gun

On 12/22/2015 at 7:42 AM, TheMarine0341 said:

Its not the worst tier 7 MT (T-43 will forever hold that spot in my heart)

Gun is a capable damage dealer. It could certainly use a speed buff, and the -5 depression is depressing. 12 battles in (not elite yet) averaging 1669 DPG which isnt bad for a tier 7 med (I expect Carbon to do 2.9k, but I digress). It REALLY needs a good crew. Glad Im training essentially two crews now as I intend to keep the tier 9 and 10. 

Others thoughts?

Again, mine is "Meh. Ive had better, but DAMN Ive had worse"

<ahem>

Panther, hmmm?

17 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

<ahem>

Panther, hmmm?

Can't be that bad, if I can do that without platooning in it:

j7IESGR.jpg

Don't ask me how, it just makes no kind of sense.

8 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Can't be that bad, if I can do that without platooning in it:

j7IESGR.jpg

Don't ask me how, it just makes no kind of sense.

It's largely crap.  All it has are pen and accuracy.  Armor is crap, top speed is fine but no faster than other meds, and acceleration and turning are heavy-ish.  Bad camo, etc.

Not a good tank.  Alpha and DPM are crap as well.

3 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Panther > T 34/100 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> T-43

It’s been a while since I played the T-43, but I don’t offhand remember it being painful.  I’d have to play it again, but it seems like I remember it playing a bit like a 34-85 once elited.

The Panther is just a fast heavy with a crap gun and weak armor.  Or - more realistically - a sluggish medium with bad DPM.