Sign in to follow this  
PantsOfGlory

Humble Bundle - again with the Square Enix

7 posts in this topic

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Not bad, this one.  There's a fair few turds, but you do get Just Cause 2, and a hell of a lot of Tomb Raider.  The rest of Life is Strange won't be part of the direct deal.  Murdered: Soul Suspect always at least looked interesting to me.

I don't like Hitman: Absolution, but its more of a turd than a massive fucking shit like The Last Remnant, which is a janky mess. Maybe you like Final Fantasy games.  Maybe you like bathing in pure effluence.

That Final Fantasy is their MMO without the latest expansion. It comes with 30 days gametime, so if you like FF and MMOs in general, its worth playing the various classes and stories. It is a really well done MMO even if its a bit lacking in endgame and graphics. Play it like a RPG and you shouldnt be dissappointed especially not at that price.

Honestly I liked The Last Remnant. The gameplay was unique, and I still haven't found any game since that comes close to what it offered. I should probably boot it up again sometime soon.

Honestly I liked The Last Remnant. The gameplay was unique, and I still haven't found any game since that comes close to what it offered. I should probably boot it up again sometime soon.

I want to like that game but the protagonist (specially in english) made me want to claw my eyes out.

I want to like that game but the protagonist (specially in english) made me want to claw my eyes out.

The first rule of any JRPG ported to English is to always use Japanese VA and just turn the damn subtitles on. I've been replaying Valkyria Chronicles recently on Steam (having played it years ago on PS with English VA) and what a difference Japanese VA makes.

It might just be me but English VA rarely strikes the balance between emotional and sappy. Some Western releases with VA tacked on or just way too many lines even manage to sound like they're reading off a script.

And also, JRPG protagonists have always been a walking collection of cringe-worthy tropes. It's usually a matter of degree (makes you want to puke or makes you want to disembowel yourself) but I concede that the Last Remnant leans more towards the latter.

Sign in to follow this