EvilMonkee

TVP T 50/51 Equipment

47 posts in this topic

Now, I am running Vents, Optics and VStab on this and sitting at 2k DPG which for a scrub like me is good, also 55%WR, which again is good for me.  My crew are working on 2nd skills.  I have 6th and Recon on Commander who is working on number 3.  Snap Shot, Stowage and Clutch are the others I think.  Now, do I train up for BiA and ditch the Vents or run food instead of AFE.  The reason I am asking is I always inevitably derp at least 1 shot into the ground in front of targets and feel this may help a little.  Heck, even maybe drop Vents for GLD?  Thoughts?

Stab/Vents/Egld. The EGLD helps you to spam your clip as fast as possible and you don't need optics on a 410m view range med anyway.

No repairs on a tier X medium tank?

You will be permatracked even by a heavy tank. That means fast death, because tracked tank is food for everyone, not just the one tank you are dueling with, meaning death under 10 seconds in tier X gameplay. 

I play CCCP and German Meds, and when i manage to permatrack people with E 50 M, i know they are scrubs. 

Do your team a favor, train repairs + 6th first, camo second. safe stowage if you get ammorack hit a lot. BIA is when you have 3 skills completed at least, and i suggest to do it when you are around 50% of the 4th skill completed. That way you will keep both camo and repairs above 75% when you retrain to BIA, even with 6th and SS included.

E 50 M has crappy camo, so training BIA is OK at 3 skills, but you do not want to be spotted by tier IX heavies.

P.S. 

Xena probably have already have crew for this line trained in the T 40, or run food to compensate, but i suggest optics. 410 m base + Vents, Brothers in Arms and running food gets you to  450-460 depending on how much sit. awareness you have,  which is enough. But since you have crew better suited to play tier VI, 420 m is not enough (my guess on your setup). Greens often fail when trying to play like unicums, a mistake i learned the hard way.

Not sure should you ditch the vents of EGLD (Vstab is a must have) to mount the optics. I would rid myself of vents, depending on how the gun behaves if not fully aimed between shots. If you can hit medium range targets when 2/3 aimed, keep vents, if you have french intra clip bloom, then use EGLD+Vstab+optics.

I personally do not own the tank, but many times when fighting them I remained unspotted in my T- 54 at closer ranges than if i was fighting other meds. Maybe it is because of bad crews, but i guess the EQ setup has to do something with it.

Without at least 445 m you will not see an JP E 100 firing at you from far, think about that. And your camo is not like Bat Chats, so you would be outspotted by the ubiquitous E5s running with optics around...

P.P.S.

Commander (Radio Operator). Use the Situational Awareness skill instead of the Recon skill. It gets you 3% instead of 2%. But that should be your 5th skill, after BIA, 6th, camo and repairs. 

Thanks.  I do have repairs at around 93% on one crew member, worth spamming it?

Thanks.  I do have repairs at around 93% on one crew member, worth spamming it?

That puts your effective repairs skill at 23.25%...

Repairs are not perks like 6th sense. Skills like camo and  repairs work in percentage of the whole crew. So, 93% divided by 4 means you have only 23.25 EFFECTIVE repair skill. That is horrible, man. Try to have average at least 60-70% of repair skill in the crew. You need 3 crew members at least. Try using repairs on all, tnan retrain commander to 6th sense when he reach 100%.

Except on light tanks, which have different matchmaking (proportion of their hit point pool to the average alpha damage in tier is small), most tanks need a lot of repair skill. Medium tanks higher than tier 7 need repair, too. Lower tier meds do not need repairs, because you can not take more than 1-2 hits and stay alive (Cromwell has 750 hp, that is 2-3 shots from same tier heavies (or lower tier OI exp), and could be one shot from ISU or same tier OI derp), so repair kit if tracked, next tracking you are dead (but with less than 1/3 hp you are anyway). Higher tier meds have almost the same hitpoints as heavies, so could take more punishment. Also, people in higher tiers are more likely to be skilled, and would go for tracking shots.

In fact, best way to be useful as bottom tier is by constantly tracking people, especially if you can not penetrate them. You will get money and experience by having assisted damage, and use higher tier (but often stupid) teammates as your gun.

Some heavies, like E 75 are tracked 10 or moire times in the match, if you use the armor properly. You show the side armor at steep angle, get tracked but take no damage. tracks are repaired, you roll out and shoot people. Repeat until enemy is dead. There the high repair skill means you get a chance to shoot the enemy tank while he still reloads. But if your repair take a bit longer, and come out later, you can still rely on your armor to bounce, and come in front of the loaded gun without losing life.

Have you ever tried to get to the ass of a heavy tank? That is called the "circle of death". You get to the thinnest part of his armor, all the while relying on your speed and his slow turret traverse not to get shot. Because in the real world, one shell from heavy tank would destroy medium tank in 90% or more cases.

Watch for educational purposes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8vFGQ0uJQc

Now, in WOT, even the purple players in heavies are dead once i start circling them. But i need to approach them first , and since they are not stupid tomatoes they have one trick in their sleeve - tracking me. They almost always try to do that (and often succeed). With 90% repair crew, i repair track in 5-6 seconds most, and proceed to kill them. If they shot you, with 23% repair skill, you would need close to 10 seconds to repair the track. That means another shell in your track...and even E 100 with 17 seconds reload has now turned the hull and turret so you can not circle it anymore...or put his ass against some rock or wall.

I often track myself players with my heavies that way...with 30-40% repairs they repair track in 7-8 seconds...they move 10 m only to get another shell in the track...

All this is the assumption it is middle or late game, and both teams are thinned out. Lights and most meds are dead, so heavies have no support anymore, except basecamping tds. You do not try this first 3-4 minutes at all.

Metagame has changed, now it is World of Heavy tanks, or World of Corridors. Meds are still powerful because of their speed, dpm/autoloader and accurate guns (and armor is useless if you use gold ammo- except a few rather gold resistant tanks like E5 or VKB).

But vision meta is long gone. Camo is not priority, and is now 3rd skill, sometimes 4th or even 5th. And without repairs a simple arty splash that could take as little as 10% of your health might force you to burn repair kit. Later in the match, during the critical phase - when the match if won or lost, you may get ammoracked, or take damage to the engine. If you are top tier that might mean the loss of the match, and will certainly mean the loss of your battle efficiency. 

So, train REPAIRS first always. Except on arty, lights and paper tds, where camo is still first.

Benefits of food are dubious if you ask me. You must pick up right tanks first - tanks that do not burn. Second, if the tank has already have good dpm, and view range, food does not help much.

Gun handling is another matter, i run food in AMX 50 100 all the time, and it really helps with bloom, i can aim as fast as intraclip reload. But that tank, and E 50 m have both engine and transmission in the ass, while having enough traverse to keep the enemy from shooting me there (and arty hit is instant death with AMX anyway). But it also helps me to outspot the overpowered IS-3 (which is like 50% of heavies i see) by good 70 meters, and dump a clip in them before they see me. 

Check the location of fuel tanks, too. Some unica like to run food in RU meds...and than people running hitskins mods like me burn their asses down. But not very much if they have FF trained.

In total, unless you have 4-5 skill crew with firefighting and preventive maintenance, or you absolutely know your tank, and where your enemy is and keep the flamable parts away (situational awareness), stay away from food.

I totally agree - repairs , repairs , more repairs - please watch this video - start at 3.30seconds and then watch me burn my repair kit - get a shot in and then get tracked

- then count how many seconds it takes for me to repair my track - ( answer very, very little time ) - this will give an incentive to get repairs training

- As I have 100% repairs on 3 of the 4 crew members - and 95%  repairs on the commander - I get the benefit of this constantly every game

I also recommend ( you might already own it ) you buying the Premium Czech Tank to get your skills higher and much faster

I also watched a scientific test by " 4 tankers and dog " on you tube , where EGLD and Vert Stab together make little difference

I would say - fit vertical stabilisers , vents and optics ( coated ) would be a perfect choice ( and paint the tank )

A lot of unica, especially the superunicums, play a high-risk, high reward style. For them Vstab+EGLD+vent may be the perfect choice.

We scrubs could derp that way too often...and optics could make a few shots more if you could find a bush to snipe, for low risk, low reward option. Also, if i do not have optics and have low Hp, i am useless...but by vision domination i won a lot of endgames with just a few hitpoints left.

I prefer Optics over GLD, the gun handling seems fine. Might try out GLD once I have Recon+SA but not without.

1 hour ago, Stige said:

I prefer Optics over GLD, the gun handling seems fine. Might try out GLD once I have Recon+SA but not without.

I'd agree upon what X3N4 suggested. Any improvements to gun handling > more vr in the current maps we're getting most of the time.

1 hour ago, Siimcy said:

I'd agree upon what X3N4 suggested. Any improvements to gun handling > more vr in the current maps we're getting most of the time.

I've been wondering about something for quite a while, and this has brought it to the top if my mind again. X3N4 obviously gives very good advice, along with a lot of other unica around here, but I only ever see "I use this setup because in the current meta it's best". I think a  case could be made that a particular setup might be best for someone who plays at 5k, 4k, 3k, but possibly not for someone under 2k or some arbitrary point.

Let's take a purely average 1k WN8 player. for them, ditching Optics in favour of Vents on a medium as has become the new recommendation might not be a good idea. They lack the situational awareness you'll find in a purple player, so a view range/camo burning advantage might keep them alive for longer by giving them longer to react, the passive benefit to their team might outweigh a bit of extra DPM for them personally, and so on. For these players, the extra benefits to their tank stats from Vents might qualify as premature optimization.

So, if anyone would like to weigh in: how much of the advice that gets thrown around and blindly followed makes an appreciable difference to unis and superunis but might actually be a negative when used by lower level players?

Edit, because a decent analogy has just occurred to me:

An experienced racer will know and be able to effectively apply techniques like double clutching and heel-and-toe shifting, but trying to apply them can slow down a less skilled driver.

My 2 cents woe, I've seen this advice and I'm striving for it. Currently though I'm sticking with optics on my meds. I'm doing it for exactly the reason you mentioned, "so a view range/camo burning advantage might keep them alive for longer by giving them longer to react,". If on the off chance I can detect somebody sooner and process what to do I'd rather have that, for now.

As I continue and hopefully improve I will make the switch.

3rd recommendation for what X3N4 said for equipment. 

For your VR:
With Vents, crew is at 420.25m
With Food and vents, crew is at 440.75m
With BIA, Food, and Vents, crew is low at 451m. More than enough
Start training vision skills, and you're pushing out to 480 without optics

Consumables: Large Med, Any size rep, and food

How I trained my crew:

1st set: 6th, safe stow, repairs
2nd set: repairs, camo
3rd set: Camo, smooth ride, snap shot
4th set: retrained BIA
5th set plan: Ensure 100% repairs and camo with safe stowage and 6th, then working smooth ride/snap shot etc

Improve your survive-ability over all else, which means repairs then camo

9 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

3rd recommendation for what X3N4 said for equipment. 

For your VR:
With Vents, crew is at 420.25m
With Food and vents, crew is at 440.75m
With BIA, Food, and Vents, crew is low at 451m. More than enough
Start training vision skills, and you're pushing out to 480 without optics

Consumables: Large Med, Any size rep, and food

How I trained my crew:

1st set: 6th, safe stow, repairs
2nd set: repairs, camo
3rd set: Camo, smooth ride, snap shot
4th set: retrained BIA
5th set plan: Ensure 100% repairs and camo with safe stowage and 6th, then working smooth ride/snap shot etc

Improve your survive-ability over all else, which means repairs then camo

Safe stowage? You reckon it's necessary?

I'd probably go with FF once you've got BIA, Repairs and Camo - it helps if you're running food all the time. I would never train Smooth Ride either - the benefits are literally negligible. I'd pick a driver skill there (maybe - depends how much you value them but both CB and Off Road are again pretty negligible) or FF.

I always run safe stow. Until WG fixes it so you're not 100% crippled by a damaged ammo rack for the duration of a battle, I will always run safe stow

23 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I always run safe stow. Until WG fixes it so you're not 100% crippled by a damaged ammo rack for the duration of a battle, I will always run safe stow

Yeah, but I think it's been proven by others (paging @Rexxie, but I may be incorrect) that Safe Stow has virtually no impact on the ammo rack getting damaged - it only helps prevent the full top being blown off, which rarely happens anyway (it hasn't happened in all my games in the TVP 50 at any rate). So Safe Stow doesn't really help prevent ammo rack damage - your stated reason for using it.

For the 50/51 it increases your racks' HP from 260 to 293. If it drops below 180 with or without it, it turns yellow. In order for your ammo rack to get hit and not turn yellow, you need to take a shot that deals 80 module damage (or less) without stowage, or 113 with safe stowage.

Basically, safe stowage on a 50/51 will stop your ammo rack from always turning yellow from 90/88/85mm cannons. It will do nothing against anything 100mm+. Up to you what that's worth.

(This is all according to TI's calcs, btw, so it's not impossible that it's wrong.)

14 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Basically, safe stowage on a 50/51 will stop your ammo rack from always turning yellow from 90/88/85mm cannons. It will do nothing against anything 100mm+. Up to you what that's worth.

I.e. useless against any tier 9 or 10 gun. @TheMarine0341 hence why Safe Stow is IMO a wasted skill.

Thanks Rexxie.

Gib golds to retrain each and every single one of my crews then pls :wao:

4 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Gib golds to retrain each and every single one of my crews then pls :wao:

I know, between that and Smooth Ride being unmasked as being shit in anything except stupidly bad handling tanks like the STB-1, the list of useful skills keeps getting smaller :feelsbad:

So, BIA, Camo, repairs, 6th, and snap shot remain the last of the useful

Yep, with a few others depending on the tank, like Clutch Braking or Controlled Impact on the E 50/M and Off Road on some others (I checked last night - I have that as my 4th on the TVP 50).

That's why FF is so viable if you're running food - not because it's great itself but that all the other skills are so useless.

Well now with that math, wow.

Safe Stowage basically garbage on every T10 tank?

Not sure if I want BIA or not, maybe repairs and shit better to have? third skill at 73%.

Also not sure if GLD is worth it over Optics, don't feel much difference but the lack of Optics does make a difference.

55 minutes ago, Stige said:

Well now with that math, wow.

Safe Stowage basically garbage on every T10 tank?

Not sure if I want BIA or not, maybe repairs and shit better to have? third skill at 73%.

Also not sure if GLD is worth it over Optics, don't feel much difference but the lack of Optics does make a difference.

What is that for a question :eww:

BIA should always be prioritized.

EDIT: Not even repairs? :eww: What the fuck is your crew made of then :doge: