hall0

T-22 EU Bans - A small analysis with drama

26 posts in this topic

Ok guys, time for some drama or maybe some information which could be interesting for you Muricans since there wasn´t a T-22 ban wave on your server, yet.

First things first. Some background information. If you didn´t know, there was a banwave on the EU server regarding T-22 missions right before Christmas. They´ve banned around 100 players which all got the T-22. Ever since then there dozens of threads in the forum. Especially in the german section. Why the german forum? Because we had a fancy Community Contributor (CT) which got the T-22 with the old requirements under 160 battles and he didn´t get banned. As you could imagine this led to some kind of shitstorm in the forum. WGs answer was: We have checked him but we could not find anything suspicious. 19k dmg battles aren´t suspicious at all, right :verysmug:
Further more. I think everyone still remembers this video . Did they get banned in this wave? Yes and No. Did they have the T-22 in the garage or unlocked. The answer is Yes. Didn´t the have the T-22 in the garage the answer is No. So how can this be if WG checked the log files and god knows what to identify the riggers? The most likely answer is, they didn´t.

So enough talking. Why now this thread? Today I´ve stumbled over this post. Or lets not say stumbled, I got forced to post it here :cri: Manuel1324 did some nice analysis just with the help of vbaddict. (here manuels thread for the guys who speak kraut. Even though I think it will get closed very soon.)

Since spoilers are broken in this forum, prepare for a loooong post. Maybe some Mod can put these screens in Spoilers.
edit. Never mind. Made imgur albums

Ok this contains now some naming and shaming but without it all the data would be useless.

First our loved Ex-CT. Manuel could find 8 battles on vbaddict before he got his T-22. Let´s see if we can find the same guys over and over again in the battle.
Link to the imgur album. http://imgur.com/a/jnzEh
I think you will see some of the names appear over and over again. And remember unlike the NA server we have a higher population. To find in such a small sample size the same names over and over again in a longer time period is unusual.Here the links to the vbaddict battles.

Link - Link - Link - Link - Link - Link - Link - Link

Or take another one. Our Überpro Seba_94. Just around 100 battles got the T-22 only with the rental tanks and. Why only rental Tanks? Because the T-22 is actually his first T10 tank. Totally unsuspicious I know. :dealdog:
Link to the imgur album:http://imgur.com/a/LKKsf

And the show keeps going on. He found more guys like these people Link1, Link 2

Remember. All this data is only done with the help of sources anyone can use. No internal WG data has been used.
So what is now the end of this story? To keep it simple. The probably did not checked any data at all. They just banned pretty much all which got the T-22. Maybe they checked it even less than they do with the unsportsmanlike bans, if that is even possible. Sacrificial lambs are real.:feelsbad:

To quote Manuell here: "So I think its obvious, that you never checked internal data to justify the bans, so what's left would be replays, which, well obviously also didnt got used, otherwise you would have 1) taken the tank/possibility to get the tank away from all the guys you banned for 7 days during campaign (Which obviously happened due to replays send to support) and 2) would also have sanctioned the guys that were part of a "rigging group" , but didnt achieved the tank for themselves before the banhammer struck."

There are rumors WG EU didn´t even made the ban list themself. They got it from WG and crossed some names (*cough* CT *cough*) out.

What does this mean for you Muricans? You can probably rig as much as you want  but you should stop before you get the tank in your garage.(29/30). And WG can ban you no matter what. They don´t really need a proof nor do they check the data. Otherwise examples like those above shouldn´t be possible.

Same case for SEA. Almost no one queues for it, yet a bloke has a 22. Interestingly he was also one of the first to get a 260.

You have to wonder what WG can do. It seems a little harsh to presume guilty based on their DB query, but they've done it before for other rigging investigations (for SEA at least).

With the amount of people who que up for the game mode(about 10) at any given time, the thinking on NA is that anyone who has one rigged it.

Given how many 44% shitlord T22's I've seen that's pretty damn true so far. 

My favorite part is that for all it's hyped OP'ness, the T-22 hasn't broken tier 10 BECAUSE the rigging lets any skill level have one. I've seen maybe a dozen and they've literally all been green or worse. They might as well have been in obj,430s for all the effect I've seen them have on games. At least in that respect the problem is half fixing itself.

My favorite part is that for all it's hyped OP'ness, the T-22 hasn't broken tier 10 BECAUSE the rigging lets any skill level have one. I've seen maybe a dozen and they've literally all been green or worse.

I suspect that only applies to NA. In my EU sample, T-22 players average around 3.2k damage in the tank. Despite getting frequently banned in the middle of battles :P

Wow, looking at vbaddict it does really stand out. I guess I haven't met the T-22s that know how to use it well :P. I'm curious now how well it would be doing if the tank hadn't been widely rigged. I'm also thinking in context of worse things like the Japanese heavies. Getting 2-shot by a same tier OI exp is horrible game design that goes a long way to ruin tier 5, and effects an order of magnitude more games.

I'm curious now how well it would be doing if the tank hadn't been widely rigged.

Let's put it this way: It'd be a very small sample.

Edit: It's worth noting that on EU, the average T-22 player is better than the average 260, 907 or M60 player.

WG EU - the greatest band of shitters in game industry. They give a damn about retarded report system, support full of bots, T-22 bans, forum and events so amazing that I don't even check them or notice.

I am surprised people keep on doing these types of investigations when we all know that absolutely nothing will happen from them. Has anything every happened from these player inquiries besides WG sweeping everything under a rug that is thread-deletion?

I am not normally a tin-foil hat person, but I honestly believe WG do not give a single fuck about the situation about these T22s. They just banned some people in the beginning so that they can say: "see, we did something against riggers. Now shut up and buy this awesome bundle we have on sale for 99€ that includes free salt crystals mined from the depths of the official forums."

What does this mean for you Muricans? You can probably rig as much as you want  but you should stop before you get the tank in your garage.(29/30). And WG can ban you no matter what. They don´t really need a proof nor do they check the data. Otherwise examples like those above shouldn´t be possible.

Why would you go through the effort of rigging if you are not getting that tank?

Why would you go through the effort of rigging if you are not getting that tank?

Just a guess, but you could 'save' one last mission and wait for all the fuss to die down, then complete it.

I've never played either of these shitty modes, so no idea if this is viable.

They just banned some people in the beginning so that they can say: "see, we did something against riggers. 

This 100%. They picked 100 names out of a much longer list and punished them severely so others would think twice about rigging. The end.

I just wished they'd either banned and removed it from everyone, regardless of proof, nerfed it to the fucking ground or remove it from the game. Those would be ideal options.

In the real world we live in, they shouldn't ban anyone without conclusive evidence, and equally they shouldn't protect anyone who has proven to have rigged.

With the amount of people who que up for the game mode(about 10) at any given time, the thinking on NA is that anyone who has one rigged it.

Same on SEA. The only times when Dom was even up was community hosted, and VAE just rigged that to hell.

Fuck Vietnamese players.

We barely even touched Steel Hunt, and some VAE players got it within 3 hours of us getting it up and running.

It is sad to watch how these incompetent shitters ruin their own beautiful game :(

I am not sure if you mean Wargaming or the community but have an upvote...

I am not sure if you mean Wargaming or the community but have an upvote...

I mean Wargaming. Random bans, exploitable missions, unbalanced game mechanics etc.

so everyone is just gonna rig and not claim the award to not have t-22 in your garage then

so everyone is just gonna rig and not claim the award to not have t-22 in your garage then

Does not work. Once you unlock it,  WG seems to have it in their statistics. 

I know a guy who did not claim the rewards. Still banned. He's double fucked now because unlike the others who at least still have their women crew members he has nothing :P