Joyrider216

Panzer 58 Mutz: Bear With Me

77 posts in this topic

Vert stab is a must for anything that can mount it.

I'm an avg player but got the 4th crew member and 2nd MoE in just over 100 battles. Love this tank!

Love running T9 meds and feeding off the bads in the Mutz and KR almost as much.

1 hour ago, crapcannon said:

Mutz:
75 games, 1000 avg dmg, 39% Win rate. (Bots do better.)
Crew at max, Rammer, Vents, Camo net. No BIA yet.

The only thing good about this tank is it shits credits. Otherwise I'm not feeling it. 
The KR is more fun IMO.

Running the camo net is fail.  You should never be stationary enough to activate the net.  Throw a vstab on there as mentioned above.

On 2/16/2016 at 1:39 PM, engineered said:

Running the camo net is fail.  You should never be stationary enough to activate the net.  Throw a vstab on there as mentioned above.

I put camo net on it cause i had no intention on spending the coin for a vert when I was saving up for the IS4 and I had a few camo nets lying around. Not spending hard earned credits on something that I had no intention of buying.

1 hour ago, crapcannon said:

Whoever downvoted my post is a douche.

I put camo net on it cause i had no intention on spending the coin for a vert when I was saving up for the IS4 and I had a few camo nets lying around. Not spending hard earned credits on something that I had no intention of buying.

It's easy to see, just click on the "-1" and it will show you who voted.

You only need to buy a vertstab once, then you pay 10 gold (a few cents or whatever) to move it to next tank when you move on.

Not sure why you are complaining about performance when you are unwilling to spend to perform.  That's kinda how this game works.  You could put food on it if you want the boost without spending gold.

7 hours ago, engineered said:

It's easy to see, just click on the "-1" and it will show you who voted.

You only need to buy a vertstab once, then you pay 10 gold (a few cents or whatever) to move it to next tank when you move on.

Not sure why you are complaining about performance when you are unwilling to spend to perform.  That's kinda how this game works.  You could put food on it if you want the boost without spending gold.

Was complaining about the win rate more than anything. I've hit 3000 damage in that tank only to lose again and again. I guess maybe I platooned with some good players it might have been a bit different. But 39%. That's an ego deflator.

9 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Mutz:
75 games, 1000 avg dmg, 39% Win rate. (Bots do better.)
Crew at max, Rammer, Vents, Camo net. No BIA yet.

Whoever downvoted my post is a douche.

Maybe they were.

However, complaining about poor tank performance while setting your tank up to fail (Poor gun handling, no vision, reduced mobility) simultaneously gimping its primary advantages while defending your choices as "being to cheap to equip it right" does deserve some comment.  (A full price vstab is like 10-15 average games profit)

One or two sessions of losing in the Mutz should earn you enough to get a vert stab.  Two to three sessions of losing should earn you optics for the Mutz.  After that it should be nothing but profit.

Watch for sales and get two of each at the same price.

Sometimes the old addage of spend to earn is painfully true.  Always credit grind prem tanks before a holiday.  

I rarely run food but when I do I never pay full price for it.

Got a MOE with this tank and I still don't have vert, yet.. lol 
I like this tank. I might have to buy it. 

I see some are running optics vs Vents. Rationale?

Who else bought it? Started hating it, ended loving it so much i couldnt see the beartank gone. Also, now i got a 2 1/2 skill crew with no med line, should i go E50 or Leo? 

5 hours ago, NoobestNoob said:

Who else bought it? Started hating it, ended loving it so much i couldnt see the beartank gone. Also, now i got a 2 1/2 skill crew with no med line, should i go E50 or Leo? 

I did.  Made it work better than the KR (felt like a T8 AMX 30p to me), ground up a PTA crew (received from some long ago promo) from under 1 to 2.8 skills.  Ground out the free Mutz crew and also have a Leo 1 crew (again from some old promo) to work on for the future.    

On 3/2/2016 at 7:31 PM, NoobestNoob said:

I'm just an average player, but playing the Mutz has taught me that medium tanks are my thing. So I had to make a decision to grind one of these lines too.

The Mutz can only take 4 crew, so the Leopard 1 is more ideal for the crew training aspect. You would need to recruit another man without BIA or anything for the E50M which kinda screws with the layout. Also, the leopard 1 plays a lot more like the Mutz than the E50M. The E50M is better armored, but significantly less mobile. If you're used to the Mutz's style, I'd say go Leopard 1. Although some would say the Leo was power creeped by the AX.

13 hours ago, SZXT77 said:

I'm just an average player, but playing the Mutz has taught me that medium tanks are my thing. So I had to make a decision to grind one of these lines too.

The Mutz can only take 4 crew, so the Leopard 1 is more ideal for the crew training aspect. Also, the leopard 1 plays a lot more like the Mutz than the E50M. The E50M is better armored, but significantly less mobile. If you're used to the Mutz's style, I'd say go Leopard 1. Although some would say the Leo was power creeped by the AX.

Yeah, the Mutz showed me that I am truly a paper medium player at heart. I'm grinding for the Leopard 1 myself.

Just got this tank because I missed it earlier in SEA. I felt betrayed.... Can get some good games, but when it's a shit game, then its shit games all the way. WR in Mutz at 41.3% atm. Just got the 6sense, don't know if it will get any better. I love my Crom B, but not this, hull down is overrated with Mutz, my rental KR did better and I would go back playing my SP.

Put my best crew in it (4/5 skill reward crew, will double as Leo 1 crew once I unlock that).

Running at 55% WR after 600 games and that was after a bad patch where I dropped to 49% around the 200 game mark (after first 150 games, I was at 60% WR).

Need to get consistency in my DPM up higher, but I've at least managed 1 MoE and generally am listed at about 65%-70% with an okay WN8 (just shy of dark green). Win loads of Confederate badges (but not much else, haha).

It's a fantastic tank and fits my playstyle very well, which is to snipe to start, then make crucial strikes and clean up. I can only recommend it - it's easily my favourite tank in the game (except maybe the Luchs, lol).

I've got Vert/rammer/vents. Swap the vents for optics?

Or since the commander has 6th, BIA and Situational Awareness don't bother?

I swaped the vents for optics, it has helped me a lot tbh since the VR is not that great, those .5 secs you shove off with the vents are useful when brawling with other meds... but then again brawling is the last thing you want to do in a mutz. Feeling more comfy now that i can spot on my own

Necro'ing this because it's back in the shop/rental reward. Since I didn't get a chance to buy it first time around I picked it up yesterday. To stack on what others have said, apart from bad bloom and no side armour, it's a really good ATM on tracks. Cheap ammo, good dpm, and odd armour layout for the RNGesus-aided lucky bounce really helps things. Still don't know how to get Ace Tanker because I've already broken 1100 base XP and am still getting I Class. :feelsbad:

Just got it from the christmas package, played a few games. It's a very comfy tank to drive, with close to tier 10 level of gun handling, but it makes me quickly miss type 59. Mutz doesn't have the staying power when multiple scout/low tiers yolo you; aggressive positions is risky even when top tier when not having platoon support. While it is a far more capable damage dealer, credit income leaves much to be desired. A 150k credit type 59 (or lowe) game would only get 100k on a mutz.