Sign in to follow this  
triack2000

How to raise Stats?

19 posts in this topic

So, i got to platoon with a blue player the other day and i am pretty sure he is purple recent. The point being he was doing 4k damage in a match and i asked him how and he replied, "I am in the fight". I play tds and heavies mostly and do not know how to keep up in the flow of a battle or a flank to deal damage. Anybody that can give some insight of how to be better placed in a battle to deal damage would be greatly appreciated. I have read the Kraft Lawrence articles and need some help understanding those if anybody would point me there.

Thanks,

Triack2000signature.png

Triack,

IMHO, meds and heavies will be your best tool to learn how to be in the fight.

A few things: 

Early damage is the best damage. Look at this for some idea of positions to get to do some of it. Make sure though as you are moving to the position, after 30-60 seconds look at your minimap and make sure you aren't alone. If you are GTFO and find a new position.

If you are at a position and haven't fired your gun in like 45..60 seconds... move. Look at your minimap and see what's spotted, also see what areas you have control of and try to figure out a way to get to the fight safely.. if you can. 

If you have the time, go watch X3N4, Joyrider216, Crabeatoff and Kolni replays just to name a few. These will help.

Keep tooning with the guys in your clan, I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Good luck Triack!!

37 minutes ago, The_direwolf said:

That was his way of saying you are sitting too far back/ removed from the engagement.

I find i always do better when i just throw myself into the enemy and try to out think them from there.

This^

I play in the IS line of heavies. Is this a line that is forgiving for taking damage and learning to play heavies. Also is it good line for improving heavy gameplay/ statistics?

A big part of pulling massive games and generally improving your stats is about positioning and map awareness, and keeping you gun active and in the fight without bleeding too much HP. in your case from what you're saying you need to try to read the fight better and keep your gun in there without just flat out driving in there and dying

16 minutes ago, triack2000 said:

I play in the IS line of heavies. Is this a line that is forgiving for taking damage and learning to play heavies. Also is it good line for improving heavy gameplay/ statistics?

Post replays. It's not called tape study for nothing.

how2raze stats 101:

e50

apcr

bathe in the tears of your enemies

But srsly, TD's suck at staying in the fight a lot, because mostly they are either too slow or don't have the armor to be able to be effective across a variety of engagements.

HT wise, the RU heavies do a really good job of just brawling. Learn how to sidescrape with anything (If I can do it in a Leo 1 you can do it in an IS-3), learn how to be aware of every piece of terrain around you and how you can use that to cover whatever part of weak armor you have. Do everything you possibly can to achieve 100% penetration on the shots you fire. Yes you will fire prem, deal with it. RNG is a bitch, prem mitigates a lot of the issues that can arise.

Focus on every single shot, both that you shoot and that you take. 2 targets in front? Choose the one which will cause the biggest problem. Sure the top tier heavy may be a 3 shot, but maybe the 2 shot bottom tier med right behind him ends up flanking you and then you lose a lot more hp or die from 2 angles.

The best league of legends player says to look at the minimap every 5 seconds until it becomes habit, if you take that and adapt it into WoT you will have a greater idea of possible opportunities and understand the flow of the match more.

1 hour ago, ANTICAMPER said:

The best league of legends player says to look at the minimap every 5 seconds until it becomes habit, if you take that and adapt it into WoT you will have a greater idea of possible opportunities and understand the flow of the match more.

That better be faker.

One of the best bits of advise that was given to me was to use the 6-10 seconds between each reload to look at the minimap, move back into cover, wiggle your turret ect. Alway be assessing your position in relationship to your team and the other team. This should help increase your situtional awarness.

@triack2000 bud, ive told ya already, find me in game and ill help you out. But to answer your questions, most of what has already been said is 100%True, and the russian heavies are very forgiving. Stalinium friend, its great ;)

**Also, post replays friend. That is one of the best ways we can help you.**

I saw you added me in game, but I get many requests from randoms each week! I will try to remember to accept when I return. In the meantime maybe check out my replay thread, as I occasionally do a deep write up of my game play. 

As others have noted picking out a game that confused you, or you feel got away, and having others pick it apart can be very informative. Also, you don't play to raise stats because that generally leads to poor habits that prevent you from actually reaching top levels of game play. Instead strive to play well and the stats will simply happen.

And don't listen to Luna or you'll be foreverpoor

3 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Also, you don't play to raise stats because that generally leads to poor habits that prevent you from actually reaching top levels of game play. Instead strive to play well and the stats will simply happen.

This one simple trick will make tomatoes hate you, it got me from where I was plateaued where I was at 2.5k recent to where I am today in terms of skill. 

Sign in to follow this