Siimcy

FV4202(P) to get buffed in 9.14(exact info soon)

100 posts in this topic

Source: http://worldoftanks.ru/ru/news/pc-browser/1/fv4202_version_9_14/

Rough google translation:

Dear players!

We decided to improve some of the parameters of the British premium tank VIII level FV4202 (P). In this regard, the Premium store it becomes available together with a yield of 9.14 upgrade, rather than after completion of combat missions to receive it, as previously announced. This is done to ensure that everyone could buy the car immediately with improved characteristics.

Detailed changes to the tactical and technical characteristics of the FV4202 (P) will appear in the list of update changes 9.14.

Follow the news.

I wanted to grind it to get back into WoT, but this seems like some nice info regarding this.

EDIT:

New stats from 9.14 test server

@TheMostComfortableTanker - thanks to him actually. Post can be found here -> his post

Hello,

this are the changes on FV4202 (P), kindly provided by TheMostComfortableTanker:

fv45_1
va5igts

Price: 7300   8000

Aim time: 2.21   2.49
Accuracy: 0.316   0.336
Terrain resistance: 0.384 / 0.479 / 0.959   0.575 / 0.671 / 1.151
Movement dispersion: 0.192   0.211

Turret dispersion: 0.153   0.173

Full statististics updated:

Tier: 8 MT
Cost: 7000G
Hitpoints: 1400
Engine: 510 hp
Weight: 41.319 tons
Power-to-weight: 12,34 hp/t
Maximum speed: 35 / 20 km/h
Hull traverse: 40 deg/s
Turret traverse: 40.25 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0.384 / 0.479 / 0.959

Movement dispersion: 0.192

Turret dispersion: 0.153
Viewrange: 390
Radio range:782.1
Hull armor: 50.8 / 50.8 / 31.8
Turret armor: 170 / 90 / 90

Gun: OQF 20-pdr Gun Type B Barrel (83.4 mm)
Shell Amount: 50
Damage: 230 / 230 / 280
Penetration: 226 / 258 / 42
ROF: 7,821
Reload: 7.671
Accuracy: 0.316
Aimtime: 2,21s
Depression: -10/+20

Crew: 4 (Commander, Gunner, Driver and Loader)

7 minutes ago, KingYoshiLuca said:

inb4 Penetration buff for APCR :serb: 

That, original turret, better aim time and top speed of 100 :serb:

Soon: 

Dear players,

The FV 4202 P will be buffed in 9.14 because it is underpowered compared to other tanks in the same tier. To fix this, we've given the FV 4202 P 5 km/h extra reverse speed.

Kind regards,
War "Get fucked" gaming

1 hour ago, User said:

Soon: 

Dear players,

The FV 4202 P will be buffed in 9.14 because it is underpowered compared to other tanks in the same tier. To fix this, we've given the FV 4202 P 5 km/h extra reverse speed.

Kind regards,
War "Get fucked" gaming

And we will be able to observe the great scenery of all the pubbie FV4202s going backwards...

let me guess, it will only be for sale on the Russian server while everyone else needs to do crazy marathon missions to get it?

33 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

let me guess, it will only be for sale on the Russian server while everyone else needs to do crazy marathon missions to get it?

You might want to read the mission announcements - the FV will be on sale in the prem shop after the mission ends. It's fine to be snarky, but at least don't make yourself out to be an uninformed tool.

I'd settle for just a properly modeled turret.  Not only would that make the turret more squat, it would also be stupid sexy instead of stupid ugly.

You can never go wrong with gun handling buffs either.

I'd settle for it not topping out at 35. The feels when a Super Pershing drives by you on a downhill slope...

What players want:

- better gun handling

- better max speed

- fixed turret

What WG is going to do:

- add 20m to radio range

- add 100 hit points

I'm almost sure the buff will end up being a gun handling and speed buff, but we'll see. I'm okay with low speed - it's crippling, yes, but it would make the tank pretty unique among mediums if it had something to make up for it. I doubt this'll end up happening, but I'd like to see the low speed kept and either the gun, armour, or handling improved dramatically.

Unfortunately it'll probably just be a differently shaped Cent.

3 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I'm almost sure the buff will end up being a gun handling and speed buff, but we'll see. I'm okay with low speed - it's crippling, yes, but it would make the tank pretty unique among mediums if it had something to make up for it. I doubt this'll end up happening, but I'd like to see the low speed kept and either the gun, armour, or handling improved dramatically.

That's my concern is that WG doesn't care about making fun and unique tanks so much as they care about aetting them in this cookie cutter balance system of sorts.

A turret fix would be an armor buff on its own, since it's both a smaller target and better shaped.  Throw a gun handling buff on too, and you've got something new.  Other buffs wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather them forget the speed buff and specialize the tank more than make it a gimpy Cent 1 still, just less gimpy than before.  They'll probably buff the speed anyway, since the turret model would take too long and speed is something always mentioned in the complaints about it.

I don't know if they'll do a physical change on the turret since the hd version just came out.

It will probably be gun handling and speed.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Doesn't the Super P have the "slow armored medium" niche pretty much sewn up? With the T-54 1st proto also in that niche.

1 minute ago, sr360 said:

Doesn't the Super P have the "slow armored medium" niche pretty much sewn up? With the T-54 1st proto also in that niche.

The FV4202 would instead have high standard pen to go with it, while not having as good of armor is roughly what's in my mind.

Just now, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

The FV4202 would instead have high standard pen to go with it, while not having as good of armor is roughly what's in my mind.

Fair enough. Still won't make it that great, since it has equal APCR pen to the Super P despite seeing tier 10s, and worse alpha.

Indeed, although a spershing competitor isnt really what I intended when I said "buffed armour". If you wanted to buff the 4202's armour just enough to make it a decent tank, you would not need anything remotely close to the Spersh's. I was thinking more Type 59. It'd be really hard to compare it to the Spersh though, even with the capped mobility the 4202 is a jet in comparison.

With that said, I think a hull armor buff is obscenely unlikely.

11 hours ago, KingYoshiLuca said:

inb4 Penetration buff for APCR :serb: 

In b4 penetration buff for HE :gaytroll:

2 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

Not gonna lie, giving this thing some decent-pen HESH shells as its standard HE would be really interesting.

I don't think 20pdr had HESH shells? It was high velocity gun AFAIK.

I would like to see the top speed remain the same while getting other buffs.  They could make the tank really interesting by buffing the ROF to like 8.5 - 9 or giving it good armor so it becomes a Super Pershing 2.0.  There is simply too many tier 8 medium clones lately (M46 Patton KR, Mutz).  I want a unique tank, a new gameplay experience, not a cashcow clone. 

I just want a tank that isnt going to be blatantly UP. Given the slim justification for prem tonks being UPish (mostly...) has gone out the window, theres no reason for a new prem to not be competitive in its tier.

47 minutes ago, Valachio said:

I would like to see the top speed remain the same while getting other buffs.  They could make the tank really interesting by buffing the ROF to like 8.5 - 9 or giving it good armor so it becomes a Super Pershing 2.0.  There is simply too many tier 8 medium clones lately (M46 Patton KR, Mutz).  I want a unique tank, a new gameplay experience, not a cashcow clone. 

Amen.  There's already so many paper mediums that would be too similar if they just buffed the speed.  We've got the Mutz, M46 KR, STA-2, and both the hitler panther and CDC to an extent as well.

A tier 8 medium that trades so much mobility for enough armor to bounce a few hits as well as having a killer gun would be something new.  There's kinda the Centurion 1, but I was more bugged by how fat it is than the speed.  Centurion 1 also isn't a premium. 

I don't know if my text really conveys how I'd like to see this buff turn out, but I'd rather the speed be untouched and the gun stats get a lot better.  Fixing the turret would be really nice too, but it's not reasonable to expect it so soon.  I know the Chieftain mentioned a couple days ago that WG has a few Bovington visits planned this year, and that also happens to be where you would find the FV 4202.

If WG is going to stick with historical bullshit they might as well leave armor and speed the same and give it mad gun. 

Oh and make the model actually normal, it's one of most noticeable fuckups by WG.

Spoiler

fv4202.jpg

9857168746_a3956b6d64_b.jpg