Snoregasm2

How do you push past the 3.8k - 4.2k recent WN8 and 3.2k DPG thresholds?

Question

First, a little background. Recently, I hit 4k WN8 recent for the first time. This is probably a byproduct of playing the Czech tanks when they came out, but it also goes back further than that and includes other tanks, such as the M48, M46, CAX and E5. Yes, yes, they're all good tanks and easy to pad with. But my most 'recently' bought tier 10s have similar, slightly worse results:

Bat.-Châtillon 25 t France MT 10 469 61.19% 3265 58.98 1.82 2.4 85% 1025 480614 3728
E 50 Ausf. M Germany MT 10 382 59.69% 3149 715.3 1.58 1.89 83% 998 381230 3688
T-62A U.S.S.R. MT 10 428 59.35% 2869 457.62 1.66 1.84 81% 1008 431428 3455
Object 430 U.S.S.R. MT 10 41 51.22% 2909 573.41 2.07 1.73 83% 937 38397 3015
FV215b UK HT 10 135 61.48% 3030 1112.19 1.2 1.85 84% 988 133321 3296

As you can see, none of the above is spectacular but it does indicate a clear progression from someone who used to be happy to hit 3k a session and call it a success.

However, I want more than that. I am the type of person who is never content with standing still - I am always striving to hit new heights. On that note, I have been pushing for a while to improve myself beyond that level. My last 'goal' was to reach last 1000 battles 4k WN8, which I achieved (again, Czech bias, but I am confident I could achieve it in most other tanks too). I was happy to reach that goal, but now I want to take the next step. I have read multiple topics on these forums, but I feel like I have reached a plateau. How do I take the next steps to turn that 3.1k DPG in the TVP 50 into 3.6k DPG? How do I ensure that my tier 10s are closer to 4k DPG recents rather than 3k?

I know a lot of it is down to consistency, and I freely admit that I will have sessions of 3.5k - 4k DPG, then fuck it up and have 4 sub-2k games in an hour. How do I consistently churn out 'good' games, and cash in on the 'great' games? What if I end up in a game with 3 arties, a LT and 4 camping TDs? Do I accept it as a write off or can you still churn out 5k dmg in that situation?

I currently have 2 ideas, which may or may not help. I would appreciate feedback on these, and any other ideas you may have:

1. Stop using XVM. Currently, I have XVM stats turned on (not win % though), and although I used to consider this an advantage - to see who I'm up against and change my actions accordingly - I feel that it hinders me more than it helps. I am often wary of pushing a position in case a blue medium platoon is there (i.e. hill on Mines or the medium corner D1 on Serene Coast). I feel with no XVM stats (especially considering the changes in the next patch adding view range circles), the only thing I will miss is the enemy spotted markers. This leads me on to number 2 . . .
  2. Be more aggressive. I don't know whether it is a byproduct of playing solo 100%, but I am often scared to take risks in games. When I was around 2k WN8, I used to be crazy aggressive and would rush into advanced spotting positions (e.g. the 'Garbad Method') only to watch in fury and incredulation as the retarded pubbies allowed me to die, stranded, when all they had to do was poke and shoot whilst I distracted the enemy. It happened. All. The. Fucking.Time. At some point, my playstyle changed to ensure that - as far as reasonably possible - I never trust pubbies to help me, at all. However, when I see top players' replays, they often yolo into advanced positions to farm damage early, and somehow don't die, even when playing solo I always think that if I tried that I would get destroyed, but maybe I wouldn't? Do I need to be more aggressive? How aggressive is too aggressive? My survival ratio for 60 days is 53.61%, if that helps.

Maybe I'm asking the impossible and I'm a shitter that has gone as far as I can go, but I believe that I can improve further. Any tips welcome.

Thanks

Snore

22 answers to this question

I'm in the same boat as you. I occasionally have those lovely 4-4.5k dpg sessions, but it rarely lasts. I would say my average is about 3.5k-3.8k in tier 10, so I won't be able to personally answer any specific questions.

What I have observed from most of the players who are able to pull off these sessions is like you, they only play solo, and they tend to have much shorter sessions. Whereas I might happily play around 25-50 games, they're happy to play around 10 and taking a break, only playing when they are at their "peak" so to speak. Another point is tank selection. Where I dilute my sessions by playing tanks I don't personally perform well in (121, leo 1, E100), a few of the best damage padders will tend to stick to RU meds, M48, TVP etc.

A final point is which time of day they tend to play. Whilst I'm hindered by work, I've been told that the best time on EU to play (correct me if I'm wrong) is between 1pm and 5pm. Late night is cancer, and early morning 3am+ is you vs 29 bots. 3am+ has potential for great games as long as your team can hold long enough for you to create enough pressure.

17 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

I know a lot of it is down to consistency, and I freely admit that I will have sessions of 3.5k - 4k DPG, then fuck it up and have 4 sub-2k games in an hour. How do I consistently churn out 'good' games, and cash in on the 'great' games?

As you say it comes down to this. For every 2k dmg game, you need a 6k dmg game to counter it. Additionally my sessions always consist of a few 2.8k/3.2k damage games as well, so realistically you need to pull out a few 7k+ games. Sometimes, due to external factors out of my control (conq. GC, red yoloplayer, bad map rotation) you end up not getting these 7k games, other times you pull out 3-4 in a row.

Sorry for the wall of text, that doesn't specifically answer your question in any way.

short version

Focused on third marking gave up looking at wn8 and started two man platooning instead of solo/3man.  

Now The 2 man took a while to get used too and the most successful two man platoons, I've had have been people Equally skilled that I had to fight to get damage with in a "friendly competitive way" Like Helionist and Yatogami(RenamedUser_12450).

Me and Helionist became friends by disliking the same person thanks "anfield"(Don't hate anymore I think?) and Yatogami dropped into my stream one day and asked if I wanted to platoon I was like a little fanboy and was Like ":ohno:" which was funny because the first time we played together he played on an alt "He Was testing me" after that tho he played on his real account. 

I Owe these guys a lot because most of my later career third marks were with them and My E50M Games were purely with Yatogami, Great Platoon mates not only make you play better but, playing with them made me actually hate wot less (if that's possible).

Find Your "Soul" Platoonmates Hopefully they will make a metric shit ton of difference because we can't all be like carbon very few can solo 5k+ and 65%+ win rates and even if you do It's probably a lot more frustrating "at least for me it was".

Summary: Two man Platoon(people that are like minded and equally/better? skilled) and focus on something besides wn8 like Third MOE's obviously this won't work for everyone But its worth a try!

Camping the red line tactics 101.

Don't poke when greater than 50% chance someone is aiming that corner. If it is an important shot, then make a pubbie metashield if for you. General Takeaway - Preserve yourself at all costs. 1 for 1 trade on enemy in beginning is the WORST OUTCOME POSSIBLE. YOUR HP IS WORTH 5 TIMES THEIRS. If you're wondering why you did 5k dmg early game and die watching your teammates fail, it's because you sucked at preserving HP.

Get into good positions, but not ones that will keep you lit for the entirety of the game. ---> general takeaway is to divert attention from yourself

Flow like water. If enemy contracts, expand to get better angles. If they expand, contract to concentrate guns on one point. General Takeaway: Shoot and scoot, keep your allies close to you if enemy is pushing. Find better angles when you have the momentum.

Smart aggression. People say this over and over but they don't really understand it. Here's this idea in stat whore terms. If you don't have shots for more than 30s relocate. Pubbies will generally follow you when you make a push. If not, ping and Z key them to come over. After this happens, get behind them and start using them as distraction/meatshield. That's how you push without taking damage.

Finally, flow. The BEST way to play this game is to get into flow. Flow is this weird mode where you play like a god without even thinking about the game. This usually results in 5k+ DPG sessions over 20 games for me. The way that I found easiest to get into this mode is to have a routine. Always play at the same time when try harding. For me, this is Saturday morning. Do some stretching, get comfortable so that you don't have to think about anything else. DON'T force it. It comes naturally.

ONE last thing. PLAY ONE TANK ONLY. It has to be good too. M103 is not going to give you 4k dpg.

After that it's knowing when to quit. I'm out after 3 consecutive 0 dmg games. If I think the reason I died was beyond my own fault then I will attribute it to bad luck and press forward.

First off, stop using XVM entirely, I just have it on for my stream viewers now. You should never treat any tank as easy to kill because of their stats, treat them as your worst enemies who will always pen you and take your precious HP away, deal accordingly.

I think you still have room to grow, personally for me I think I am on the upswing that you are looking for. Looking at my DPGs, it falls rather nicely in showing what tanks I have gotten recently and how I have been doing in them.

Za7W2PZ.png

The 215b/907 I have had for around 4~ weeks I think, but you can see, almost 100% chronologically the tanks in terms of their DPGs and how I have progressed (except the 30b, fuck the 30b) 

Your aggression problem isn't something I can really answer for you without seeing some of your games. As Kewei laid out in a damage farming Treatise and said that the game is in three stages, (opening, mid/brawl, cleanup) using the M46/prok as an example, you go to the ridge in the middle, light heavies crossing the rails, take a couple of shots, get lit, drop spot and arty boner, and now the opening phase is over. During the mid you basically hover around looking for any free shots of damage on isolated or distracted targets. In a perfect world you have conserved most if not all of your HP, and now you can use that HP to buy yourself cleanup damage. The key to good DPGs is to get around 1k in the opening (3~ shots) another 1.5-2k in the mid (5~ shots) and then however much you can scrape out of the cleanup phase. Relying on any one phase to get you good damage works sometimes, but leaves you in the shitter when you only get 2k in the opening/mid and nothing in the cleanup.

An idea I would propose is try running in a two man platoon, get  someone you can rely on and that is fun to play with. For me, if I am able to joke and be relaxed, and then swap into "tango in delta 3 on your 2 o'clock, moving to intercept, contact in 15, requesting crossfire, contact, tango fired, moving past to echo 4, take his distracted ass down" really helps me focus on the game and what is going on, but also being in a good mood at the same time. When I hit 4k recent a while ago, my wr looked exactly like yours, because no matter how hard you try (unless you're carbon) it is nigh on impossible to win 65%+ solo, and that hurts your DPGs in a way as well. Having one extra guy you can rely on to help turn the tide of tomatoes makes a huge difference, and there is plenty of damage to farm for both of you. (unless you're @LoveLuna and then I take it all :^)

Wj5BPz2.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_n8hiQ2Krv8RVEteWhxZHZuSms/view?usp=sharing

(M46 examplur of solo vs. two man tooned.)

I basically have three moods when I play.

1. FUCK YOU, FUCK THAT, FUCK THEM, FUCK THIS (3k~ dpg)

2. Arty hit me? meh doesn't matter, still did damage. (3.5-4k~ dpg)

3. ...(srs face).........oh, am I playing a game, maybe I should have fun (5k~ dpg)

Maintaining that srs face takes a lot of effort and at most I can get it on around 3-4~ times a week. Session control is of the utmost importance at this point.

If you have any other questions please ask, I don't feel like I was entirely clear in getting my points across.

I mean it all comes down to tiny micro aspects of your game such as missing that 1 shot that you should have spent half a second longer aiming, or taking that one 390dmg shell when you poked a little too aggressively, or the flex you should have pulled off just 10 seconds sooner. In the grand scheme of things it does come down to consistency, but in order to push yourself the extra 500dmg/game you just have to improve on little things like I mentioned above. And TBH 4k is HUGE even if you look through the recents wn8 of most top clans most people can't manage to pull 4k without padding lights/ low tiers.

1 hour ago, weenis said:

What I have observed from most of the players who are able to pull off these sessions is like you, they only play solo, and they tend to have much shorter sessions. Whereas I might happily play around 25-50 games, they're happy to play around 10 and taking a break, only playing when they are at their "peak" so to speak. 

That's a great point. Last night I started out great, averaged about 5.5k WN8 in the TVP, then I started platooning with @kestenovski to give him some tips and we started getting horrendous 3 arty, 5 TDs, Kharkov games, absolute complete bullshit, and I tried to play through it and it just got worse. I should have stopped after 2 bad games, but we ended up with about 7 or 8 bad games (not because of us per se, just a combination of tilt + 11.30pm teams).

A final point is which time of day they tend to play. Whilst I'm hindered by work, I've been told that the best time on EU to play (correct me if I'm wrong) is between 1pm and 5pm. Late night is cancer, and early morning 3am+ is you vs 29 bots. 3am+ has potential for great games as long as your team can hold long enough for you to create enough pressure.

As above - completely agree. I find I can have some great afternoon games on the weekend. I work 9-5.30 (and the rest!), so once I eat, see the missus etc. it's about 9-10pm GMT before I start playing sometimes, and as soon as the server population on EU2 goes under 30k around 11pm, the teams turn to shit.

As you say it comes down to this. For every 2k dmg game, you need a 6k dmg game to counter it. Additionally my sessions always consist of a few 2.8k/3.2k damage games as well, so realistically you need to pull out a few 7k+ games. Sometimes, due to external factors out of my control (conq. GC, red yoloplayer, bad map rotation) you end up not getting these 7k games, other times you pull out 3-4 in a row.

The consistnecy is so hard to maintain. I'm similar - I'll have a 2.9k dmg, 3 kill game, which on the surface is good, but that can screw up an entire session if you don't pull in a 5k game later on.

I also struggle to reach the 6k or 7k games consistently or the 8k or 9k games at all, like the X3N4's of the world. A good 'run' will have a  bunch of 4-5k dmg games with maybe a 5.5 or 6k game thrown in, with some 3k dmg games too. That still barely averages out at 4k dmg overall - it's tough to maintain, but that's my goal!

Sorry for the wall of text, that doesn't specifically answer your question in any way.

Don't be sorry, it was helpful and I'm glad someone has experienced very similar results to me.

45 minutes ago, Joyrider216 said:

First off, stop using XVM entirely, I just have it on for my stream viewers now. You should never treat any tank as easy to kill because of their stats, treat them as your worst enemies who will always pen you and take your precious HP away, deal accordingly.

From the next patch, I have decided to scrap it. It doesn't help me anymore. It used to, but I just second guess myself too much now.

I think you still have room to grow, personally for me I think I am on the upswing that you are looking for. Looking at my DPGs, it falls rather nicely in showing what tanks I have gotten recently and how I have been doing in them.

Za7W2PZ.png

The 215b/907 I have had for around 4~ weeks I think, but you can see, almost 100% chronologically the tanks in terms of their DPGs and how I have progressed (except the 30b, fuck the 30b) 

Yeah that's a nice progression. I want to be able to pull those 3.5k+ dpg across all tier 10s and some tier 9s going forward.

Your aggression problem isn't something I can really answer for you without seeing some of your games. As Kewei laid out in a damage farming Treatise and said that the game is in three stages, (opening, mid/brawl, cleanup) using the M46/prok as an example, you go to the ridge in the middle, light heavies crossing the rails, take a couple of shots, get lit, drop spot and arty boner, and now the opening phase is over. During the mid you basically hover around looking for any free shots of damage on isolated or distracted targets. In a perfect world you have conserved most if not all of your HP, and now you can use that HP to buy yourself cleanup damage. The key to good DPGs is to get around 1k in the opening (3~ shots) another 1.5-2k in the mid (5~ shots) and then however much you can scrape out of the cleanup phase. Relying on any one phase to get you good damage works sometimes, but leaves you in the shitter when you only get 2k in the opening/mid and nothing in the cleanup.

Although I read Kewei's treatise, I never thought about allocating specific figures to each 'phase'. I find that when playing passively I may get to clean up with only 500-1.5k dmg done, making it very tough to get to 4k from there. Equally, if my initial free dmg goes wrong (i.e. spotted by a light or some shit), I often go tilt looking to make it up, losing too much HP.

An idea I would propose is try running in a two man platoon, get  someone you can rely on and that is fun to play with. For me, if I am able to joke and be relaxed, and then swap into "tango in delta 3 on your 2 o'clock, moving to intercept, contact in 15, requesting crossfire, contact, tango fired, moving past to echo 4, take his distracted ass down" really helps me focus on the game and what is going on, but also being in a good mood at the same time. When I hit 4k recent a while ago, my wr looked exactly like yours, because no matter how hard you try (unless you're carbon) it is nigh on impossible to win 65%+ solo, and that hurts your DPGs in a way as well. Having one extra guy you can rely on to help turn the tide of tomatoes makes a huge difference, and there is plenty of damage to farm for both of you. (unless you're @LoveLuna and then I take it all :^)

Maybe I need to join a clan again. I played a 2 man 'toon last night as mentioned above, but I found I was often typing too much and worrying about his position rather than just playing my own game. Not his fault - it's an adjustment I need to make.

Yeah I am always amazed how people can solo 100% above 65%. 60-62% I am happy with for pure solo work.

Wj5BPz2.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_n8hiQ2Krv8RVEteWhxZHZuSms/view?usp=sharing

(M46 examplur of solo vs. two man tooned.)

I basically have three moods when I play.

1. FUCK YOU, FUCK THAT, FUCK THEM, FUCK THIS (3k~ dpg)

2. Arty hit me? meh doesn't matter, still did damage. (3.5-4k~ dpg)

3. ...(srs face).........oh, am I playing a game, maybe I should have fun (5k~ dpg)

Maintaining that srs face takes a lot of effort and at most I can get it on around 3-4~ times a week. Session control is of the utmost importance at this point.

They're great descriptions actually - I do feel 'drained' after a really good session. Instead of stopping or taking a small break, I try to 'continue' it and go tilt when the numbers start going down. I am pleased that even playing shit and raging I can like you pull out 3k dpg reasonably consistently - shows how far I've come but also how far I have to go.

If you have any other questions please ask, I don't feel like I was entirely clear in getting my points across.

Thanks for the answers. I want this to be an open debate so feel free to chime in again.

10 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Although I read Kewei's treatise, I never thought about allocating specific figures to each 'phase'

It is something I added, being very German and goal driven, it helped to have those specific numbers in my head as a good measure of how I was doing, almost like a quota, but more localized and on a smaller scale to help me moving forward and to not get stagnant.

Something else I forgot to mention is that while most people at your level have a plan for the map/tank/team comp, and they make that plan in the first 30 seconds of the game and then try to stay with that plan. I have found that you can't do that and trying to be rigidly in your idea of how the game should go based off your initial scheming leads to failure. Typically I will plan my movement for where I will go for my opening damage, with an escape route and retreat into crossfire should someone yolo me. From there, depending on the matchup and the information I have, I will pause and look at the minimap and based on what I know from their positions, my teams positions, where the unlit TDs might be, and from experience from the past 15k games of positioning, build a movement off that. Once new information comes in (a flank dies, certain tanks get lit, HP of an enemy) I revise my plan, always giving myself an escape route into a crossfire, so if I die, at least 1-3 enemies will die as well because they poked into my teams guns.

Walking through the next few steps in your head and anticipating where the enemy will most likely be will give you a slight edge and opportunity to approach from an unexpected angle, giving you an extra few seconds of surprise to deal with the enemy.

I am willing to look at some replays, so if you have some, send them over please :popcorn:

3 minutes ago, Joyrider216 said:

It is something I added, being very German and goal driven, it helped to have those specific numbers in my head as a good measure of how I was doing, almost like a quota, but more localized and on a smaller scale to help me moving forward and to not get stagnant.

Something else I forgot to mention is that while most people at your level have a plan for the map/tank/team comp, and they make that plan in the first 30 seconds of the game and then try to stay with that plan. I have found that you can't do that and trying to be rigidly in your idea of how the game should go based off your initial scheming leads to failure. Typically I will plan my movement for where I will go for my opening damage, with an escape route and retreat into crossfire should someone yolo me. From there, depending on the matchup and the information I have, I will pause and look at the minimap and based on what I know from their positions, my teams positions, where the unlit TDs might be, and from experience from the past 15k games of positioning, build a movement off that. Once new information comes in (a flank dies, certain tanks get lit, HP of an enemy) I revise my plan, always giving myself an escape route into a crossfire, so if I die, at least 1-3 enemies will die as well because they poked into my teams guns.

Walking through the next few steps in your head and anticipating where the enemy will most likely be will give you a slight edge and opportunity to approach from an unexpected angle, giving you an extra few seconds of surprise to deal with the enemy.

I am willing to look at some replays, so if you have some, send them over please :popcorn:

I do try and adjust my plan if shits goes wrong/pubbies completely abandon 1 flank etc., but that can always be improved.

I'll play 10 games tonight, which will probably be in the CAX and TVP 50, and upload all 10.

I feel like i'm in a similar position as you are snoregasm. I can do 3kish dpg in basicly all of my 9s/10s but find it very hard to do more. I feel pretty confident in mid/late game, pulling off nice carrys every once in a while. I personally lack in the opening phases on lots of maps. On some maps i have certain spots i rush to, to do on average 2-3 shots of damage without taking any return fire. I've been trying to improve by stealing some positions from Kolni's micropositioning thread. Being able to judge the chances of getting yoloed or artyd are key here imo. For example on overlord, i almost allways go middle road next to the bowl to take litterally one shot, and then gtfo. If i try to take another arty is reloaded and aimed in. Also i really shouldn't play anymore when i'm tired or stressed, those sessions mostly end up in disaster.

Quite interested to follow the rest of this thread, I'd love to break 3,5k dpg someday!

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

Why not just win more?

Because solopubbing tier 10 past the 70% mark (being quite geneous here, could be ~68%) is for fucking aliens only. Its simply not realistic to expect to win more at that point. While there is still quite some damage to scrape.

On topic now. Most of the things have been said. What i can add is : Dont. Play. Randoms. Tired.

Seriously, dont do it. Playing at 9PM after some 7-8 hours of school tanks my damage output from ~4.1k to ~3.3k. Dont tilt, or better said, dont play on tilt either. Find something better to do.

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Why not just win more?

First and foremost, this. 

------

That being said, winning = doing a lot of damage in the right places. Now how do you do that more consistently?

1. Thinking faster than you've ever done before - being in flow, short amount of games like Weenis said.
  2. Having consistently good or bad teams and having the experience to know what's most likely to happen, how to exploit that and having the presence of mind to do so. Playing at certain favourable times like Weenis said.
  3. Playing versatile (read OP) tanks that can deal with most or all of the situations you'll need to face. Like Weenis said.

That's it.

Why the fuck you'd want to play with that much pressure on consistency beats the shit out of me, but that's the long and short of it. 

Also your title states 3.8-4.2k recent implying rWN8 has ANY statistical validity over 1,000 games. 

2 hours ago, Dragos_CS said:

Because solopubbing tier 10 past the 70% mark (being quite geneous here, could be ~68%) is for fucking aliens only. Its simply not realistic to expect to win more at that point. While there is still quite some damage to scrape.

On topic now. Most of the things have been said. What i can add is : Dont. Play. Randoms. Tired.

Seriously, dont do it. Playing at 9PM after some 7-8 hours of school tanks my damage output from ~4.1k to ~3.3k. Dont tilt, or better said, dont play on tilt either. Find something better to do.

Yea, but he's just tickling 60%, there's room in there. 

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

Yea, but he's just tickling 60%, there's room in there. 

You are right. Im on my phone so i dont see stats next to the name.

Indeed 4k/60% is a bit on the low side for winrate, even for T10 solorandoms.

But then, my 30 day stats (99.9% T10 randoms, no triple toons, like 20 games in double toons) have 4700/~66%. And i never throw for damage. Its just that while damage is still possible to push, WR gets nigh impossible, harder and harder for every 1%. Plus its way more random than damage for the solo player.

Kind of off topic, but I have been improving a lot in the last few months, breaking 3k recent, any tips on what helped you break past that?

Also I know you shouldn't really be taking tips from me, but playing on tilt is a huge factor that ruins lots of great sessions. 

One thing to note is that honestly I think the idea of consistency is bullshit. You would have to ask someone like Your_Master for what you have to do to hit 4.5k+ DPG 70%+ solo, but at least 80%~ platooned with 4k DPG seems to be the product of comfort with platoon mates OP sample sizes and just not tilting. You cant avoid 1000 odd damage games unless you are truly really good, so the best cure for me has just been to view as a do 2000 damage one game, then do 6000 soon after, but not putting pressure on myself to get that huge game. They wont come if you are stressed, that's like guaranteed.

This all being said, 4000 dpg isnt like some insane barrier to break, its just playing well not 1 or 2 days a week, but 7 days a week. Know the macro shit, nail the micro to save yourself when you potato macro wise, and stress hard about getting in just one more shot. Bounce 4 shots? Fire more, cause those 4 arent coming back. Next game you might look to pen those 4 but honestly its better to just roll with it. Also play like 3 tanks for a really long time, preferably quite OP ones. RU meds, 215b, m46/e50 all work for this. You should be able to nail down exactly how to play the tank, to the point where the 140 felt like huge side step from a 62 for me.

18 hours ago, Dragos_CS said:

Great advice. Last night, I came in after working til 8pm, ate dinner, watched some TV with the girlfriend and then logged on at 10pm:

• First game, CAX, Swamp, go to heavy area, shoot 50B once, he damages the ammo rack first shot, blows my head off the 2nd shot. FML. 379 dmg, epic game, why even bother. I'd be better off just not playing. Chased the win in 4 games in the CAX, averaged about 1000 WN8, all defeats.
20 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Why not just win more?

You make it sound so easy. It isn't, at least for someone like me. I did have 62% recent W/R, which I am perfectly happy with 100% solo tier 9/10 at this stage of my development. 65% would be great, anything beyond that is unfeasible for me.

17 hours ago, Gashtag said:

1. Why the fuck you'd want to play with that much pressure on consistency beats the shit out of me, but that's the long and short of it. 

2. Also your title states 3.8-4.2k recent implying rWN8 has ANY statistical validity over 1,000 games. 

1. I know I can pull an 8k dmg/10 kill game out of my arse. I've proven that to myself. As someone who is constantly looking to improve on whatever it is I am doing at the time - such as playing WOT - improving my play and consistency is the next logical step. That's the end game content for me. I've done CW/SH, I have no interest in team battles - my goal in this game is to consistently dominate pubbies.

2. It's the best of a bad situation. It measures the two things I give a shit about, kills and damage. W/R should come with that in time.

14 hours ago, Dragos_CS said:

But then, my 30 day stats (99.9% T10 randoms, no triple toons, like 20 games in double toons) have 4700/~66%. And i never throw for damage. Its just that while damage is still possible to push, WR gets nigh impossible, harder and harder for every 1%. Plus its way more random than damage for the solo player.

I agree.

66% is actually stupidly high for pure solo, well done. I know for a fact a lot of the guys in IDEAL, for example (not a dig @Gashtag, just an observation from when I was on your TS), will have a lot of battles out of their last 1000 in 2 or 3 man toons. Same in OMNI. If you're picking up 80% wins in them it doesn't take many of those games to skew your W/R to those nice, shiny 66%+ recent W/R. A lot of those who use W/R as a metric 'pad' in this manner, if you can call it that.

9 hours ago, SmyleeRage said:

Summary: Two man Platoon(people that are like minded and equally/better? skilled) and focus on something besides wn8 like Third MOE's obviously this won't work for everyone But its worth a try!

Thanks for that, I found it useful. I will focus more on 3 MOE and less on pure W/R or WN8, and see how that impacts my recents.

As for a two man toon, it's something to consider. However, right now I am looking - from a personal perspective - to prove to myself that I can do it solo first.

9 hours ago, Patient0 said:

-snip-

This should be the top upvoted comment. Some really useful, applicable takeaways there/. Thank you.

On 18/02/2016 at 7:03 PM, Dragos_CS said:

Seriously, dont do it. Playing at 9PM after some 7-8 hours of school tanks my damage output from ~4.1k to ~3.3k.

Oh wow, seems like you got the hard knock life. Wait till you start working bruh. I play tired every day. The difference is just that on some days I feel like playing and on others I don't.

6 hours ago, X3N4 said:

Oh wow, seems like you got the hard knock life. Wait till you start working bruh. I play tired every day. The difference is just that on some days I feel like playing and on others I don't.

At least when i start working i have 8h of work and thats it. Now i have 7h of school and 2-3h more of school related things to do home. It obviously depends on what exactly you do at work for those 8h, but i can tell you school here is pretty damn retarded. We learn high school things as 6-7th graders and college things while in high school.

Still shit at teaching us anything about life since its a lot of theory and no practice, unlike in most normal countries (talking about Europe here, dont know about other places).

Im genuinely looking forward to do what i like/want, because right now time feels wasted. I mean, we STILL study religion in school. Not to mention music and fucking painting ... in fucking high school, for which i chose the mathematics-informatics profile (we choose it when we get in the first year of high school). And its not like they leave us alone during these classes, no, we get painting homework bruh. Every teacher thinks his subject is the most important and fucks you in the ass with it as much as he can.

And the best part is you cant tell them to go fuck themselves, since every subject you fuck up in lowers your GPA. Scholarships are based on GPA, unis look at GPA when you apply for them and so on.

Working here (at least office work) is not as tiresome as school. The pressure not to fuck up is almost the same, time spent on it is the same or even higher and you dont even get money for it.

Ended up writing a whiny (although rightfully so) wall of text, and there is still much to be said.