Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leggasiini

Type 4 Heavy "appreciation" thread

74 posts in this topic

Type 5 is awesome, i love it. But what about Type 4 heavy?

- Super flat armor like Type 5, however thin enough to get penned by same tier heavy AP surprisngly often? Check.

- Cheeks that are 200mm thick, have ammorack behind them and negates tank's ability to anyhow sidescrape? Check.

- Has Maus-sized ammorack inside? Check.

- Super OP DPM that is worse than many T5 HTs? Check.

- So slow that his brother looks actually sporty? Check.

- Aims almost like arty? Check.

- Arty's ultimate wet dream? Check.

- Derp gun that has arty-like gun handling and reload? Check

Basically: "how to make stronk tenk terrible tenk"

What you think about this gamebreaking tank that definely doesnt attract 2 another totally not broken things (arty and gold ammo) to slaughter it :serb: 

ps: I have 50 80 higher DPG on my O-Ho than Type 4... 

Agreed that its so bad that it makes even Type 5 look good, and it doesnt probably deserve even a shaming thread, but i just did one while i were at it :serb: 

Since you guys played/suffered through this thing, and since I'm currently on the O-Ho, I could use some advice.

I'm currently running Vents/Rammer/Liner on my O-Ho, should I use the same set up on the Type 4, or should I swap out Liner for Verts?

Thinking about it, would getting rid of vents be better, since this thing is an arty walkers ultimate cumshot dream?

8 minutes ago, FreddBoy said:

Since you guys played/suffered through this thing, and since I'm currently on the O-Ho, I could use some advice.

I'm currently running Vents/Rammer/Liner on my O-Ho, should I use the same set up on the Type 4, or should I swap out Liner for Verts?

Thinking about it, would getting rid of vents be better, since this thing is an arty walkers ultimate cumshot dream?

Rammer/Vstabs/spall or vents. You. Need. VStabs. Its much more important than either spall or vents on Type 4. You will notice very quickly how terrible the gun handling is on Types, especially on Type 4.

I really recommend using foods on Type 4/5 aswell. Choice of consumambles depends on equipment. If you choose vents as 3rd equipment, go with repair kit/medkit/food. If you use spall, go with repair kit/food/FE or even dual repair kit and food, since crew rarely gets knocked out on Type 4/5 if you use spall liner.

I have elited it this weekend, and omg, what a turd it is.

Its sort of ``fun`` to play, due to size / bulkyness / looks, but its too slow, too little armor and its gun is useless....

I used V-stab, rammer, vent and food (with prem repair kir and prem first aid) with a 2e skill crew (no bia)

My stats:

• 156 games
  • 61.54% win
  • 2537 dpb

my last 7 games games 6x defeat and 1 win (this did boost my avg dmg), before that i was always around 64%, i wont sell it for now, since i dont need the crew anyway (i kept the O-I exp, and thats the only keeper in this line, except perhaps O-Ni)

all in all, do not recommend, unless you wanna try something different, and give the shittyness, i guess WG will have to buff it sooner or later anyway, some gun and mobility buffs should improve it a lot...

Looks so fun, I'm only going up this line to play the 5, for potential tourney use until it is nerfed.

Not sure why type 4 doesn't get usable 127mm, as it's essentially Japanese version of German 128mm.

2 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

Not sure why type 4 doesn't get usable 127mm, as it's essentially Japanese version of German 128mm.

Or you know, to keep it as more unique, they would just buff the 140mm.

Just now, leggasiini said:

Or you know, to keep it as more unique, they would just buff the 140mm.

I'd be happy with 2 actual gun choices also.

13 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

I'd be happy with 2 actual gun choices also.

Or...why not both; make 127mm viable option (give it DPM advantage over 140mm, increase pen), make 140mm better than it is now (better gun handling and accuracy pls) :P

3 hours ago, Tarski said:

While Type 4 definely deserves a buffs, we can also hope that its big brother gets a buff too. We probs will know more this week.

knowing WG tho, expect either 10m signal range buff or total BS buff that makes it like more broken version of VK 4502 B

Tank is trash but also situationally op....

http://imgur.com/87KRv18

Cannot wait that speed increase in next patch, its not much but exactly what is needed to fix biggest problem. Wont still be good tank though.

This tank is definitely terrible, but it's still fun enough that the (long!) grind through isn't a chore. I haven't had many battles against mostly 8s, but when you do get those battles the bullying gets hilarious. 

I'm grinding this from stock, with no free exp used; solo pub only. Results of first 14 battles, which earned just enough exp to unlock tracks.

2mgvy2w.jpg

Due to a complete lack of respect from the opponents, the Type 4 actually bounces far more 330 - 340 HEAT than my E3/Maus/E-100. Most opponents seem to load gold and autoaim at me, instead of aiming for weakspots; which results in a lot of shots bouncing on the sloped UFP, turret sides, or go right into tracks. Delicious tears from 704s and Grille 15s bouncing off repeatedly.

I angle the tank like a german heavy. The weak cheek is actually not that big a deal if you are moving and/or nudging against lower tiers; shots will frequently hit elsewhere and bounce off. Tank wrecks make excellent cover when not facing arty, allowing you to angle more agressively while covering sides/cheeks; while still be able to return fire. Glorious moments of bouncing 5 tier 9/10 TDs for 2 mins because arty decided to ignore me and tunnel vision over an IS-7 on other side of map; while my TDs killed all of them.

As for the gun... stock gun is not bad. It packs sufficient alpha and decently comfortable handling. DPM is a bit lacking, but it is not that horrible. Bonus points for catching blues/purples off guard because they don't expect you to reload that fast.

Just got the derp on this thing and I'm wondering if I should stay on this tank. The platform is pretty bad but the 15cm makes this tank. That said, the gold spam is already eating away at my creds and I'm not sure if the T10 is worth it. I know for a fact that the T10 has far better armour and a better reload, but I'm not sure if it's worth giving up over nuking Tier 7 shitters. Even as a Tier 9. this thing is basically a better 183 that sees Comets for some unfathomable reason. I find tier 10s relaxing to play as long as you hide the cheeks. It's like playing a KV-2 with armour.

Also, this happened:
a0KhzvS.png

Rwnf5H6.png

I swore never to play arta but I don't think this counts.

Type 5 is definitely worth it and stronger than Type 4 no doubt. I rebought Type 4 as its last jap superheavy to 3 mark, aswell as i wanted to test derp against tier 7s, but i got slightly dissapointed and must say, type5 is much more fun and definitely better tank and worth upgrading even if it doesnt meet tier 7s.

Type 5 pros over Type 4:

- much more health, you wont lose 40% HP from non-HE penning arta and you dont rely on armor as much

- front armor wont get bullshit penned by tier 9/10 heavy AP almost never

- side armor is lot more workable and it can angle much better 

- cheeks arent weak

- turret face 30mm stronger

- -1.5 better depression on front

- much better gun handling

- better rate of fire

- is bit more mobile

- has marginally smaller shilouette and better camo due to lower engine deck

- is always top tier

Cons over Type 4

- doesnt meet tier 7s

- higher repair cost means that i guess its slightly more expensive to run but if u can afford type 4 u can afford type 5 too

Type 5 >>> Type 4

6 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

type5 is much more fun and definitely better tank and worth upgrading even if it doesnt meet tier 7s.

Thanks. I suspected as much since even against T7s the derp doesn't pen most of the time, so your effectiveness versus T8s is basically the same as against T7s. It's not like the AP firing peasant tanks which have to pen to do damage and so are screwed by swarms of Defenders. 

I remember on the Supertest they gave the Type 4 buffed shoulders,  but that didn't happen. As you said the side armour is aggravating -  on top of the thinner base thickness, you don't get the huge hollow zones as with the Type 5.

No idea why it has less depression though.

22 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Thanks. I suspected as much since even against T7s the derp doesn't pen most of the time, so your effectiveness versus T8s is basically the same as against T7s. It's not like the AP firing peasant tanks which have to pen to do damage and so are screwed by swarms of Defenders. 

I remember on the Supertest they gave the Type 4 buffed shoulders,  but that didn't happen. As you said the side armour is aggravating -  on top of the thinner base thickness, you don't get the huge hollow zones as with the Type 5.

No idea why it has less depression though.

Iirc the Type4's cheeks were never buffed, but it did have 260mm turret front on supertest instead of 250. Dunno why they scrapped that.

Type 4 has bit fatter upper front than Type 5 that extends slightly more to front which means it has less room to depress the gun.

I'm pretty sure they did buff its cheeks just because I can't pen them like I used to.

As for the gun I think I'm going to switch back to the 140. I cannot stand the 150 on this tank. I feel like this is sort of like the derp vs standard gun on the O-Ni / O-Ho discussion except that the O-Ni derp was still usable. There are a couple tens which the 140 will struggle to pen but 280 pen is still pretty good for getting though things and the gun was much more reliable for me compared to the 150 (though I haven't used the 140 post patch). Most of the times when I'm able to actually hit things the 140 would have worked just fine and probably would have been better since I would have just hit a nice easy shot and taken the 600 damage rather than trying to get as much splash from the 150 as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0