Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leggasiini

Type 4 Heavy "appreciation" thread

74 posts in this topic

As far as the gun goes... If you are not willing to spam gold, I find the 14cm end up being more useful. Derp without prem ammo just doesn't do enough module damage to warrent the horrible alpha/dpm, now that kits are re-usable. With liberal prem ammo usage, the derp is no doubt a much better option.

On 28/07/2017 at 9:30 AM, Hally said:

As far as the gun goes... If you are not willing to spam gold, I find the 14cm end up being more useful. Derp without prem ammo just doesn't do enough module damage to warrent the horrible alpha/dpm, now that kits are re-usable. With liberal prem ammo usage, the derp is no doubt a much better option.

I'm certainly inclined to agree with this. The grind improved noticeably once I got the 14cm, which is not terrible except against super-heavies (which it sees a lot less of due to the MM changes, at least in my experience) and I felt the tank was quite playable with the 14cm. However, spamming gold from the derp is just too good it's impossible to ignore. It's not even that costly credit-wise if you have a premium account (less than 10k credit loss on occasions), and very easy to maintain overall net credit surplus by playing a few games in a premium tank or in a lower tier.

The tank is terrible with 14cm. Sinple as that, its same tank as pre-9.17.1 Type 4 (expect for thicker lower side armor which is irrelevant because when you can even use the side armor of the tank) and that tank was a horrible piece of shit tank.

The gun itself isnt completely terrible at tier 9 (on tier 10 its shit tho because pen is real problem and alpha is notably less scary there than at tier 9) but as the platform is shit...it is still bad with it. As I already said, 14cm Type 4 is almost the same as before 9.17.1, and it was widely condiered as worst tier 9 (among with T95 and Foch...and T95 got gigantic mobility buff and Foch will get buffs too so yeah...).

The derp gun (only with full gold spam tho) however kinda makes up for it. Its broken gun on poor platform so it works well if you play it like KV-2 that is slower but can tank lower tier tanks nicely.

On 8/2/2017 at 4:27 PM, leggasiini said:

The tank is terrible with 14cm. Sinple as that, its same tank as pre-9.17.1 Type 4 (expect for thicker lower side armor which is irrelevant because when you can even use the side armor of the tank) and that tank was a horrible piece of shit tank.

The gun itself isnt completely terrible at tier 9 (on tier 10 its shit tho because pen is real problem and alpha is notably less scary there than at tier 9) but as the platform is shit...it is still bad with it. As I already said, 14cm Type 4 is almost the same as before 9.17.1, and it was widely condiered as worst tier 9 (among with T95 and Foch...and T95 got gigantic mobility buff and Foch will get buffs too so yeah...).

The derp gun (only with full gold spam tho) however kinda makes up for it. Its broken gun on poor platform so it works well if you play it like KV-2 that is slower but can tank lower tier tanks nicely.

wg was purely retarded for making 14cm so damn unviable, it sucks even on the type 5.

bad accuracy, worse gun handling then e100, terrible pen and mediocre dpm. 

15 hours ago, KurapikaHxH said:

wg was purely retarded for making 14cm so damn unviable, it sucks even on the type 5.

bad accuracy, worse gun handling then e100, terrible pen and mediocre dpm. 

all they needed to do is to buff the pen to 260/300 or so and then buff gun handling and these guns would have been million times better already

Jesus the stock gun is a joke. Thank god for decent MM I've been getting and the height of this tank so I can use it somehow. 

On another note few people on EU fire prem at this thing for some strange reason. 

WG added weakspots so you now don't need premium ammo to penetrate :superserb:

Thx WG :feelsgoodman:

4 hours ago, Marty said:

WG added weakspots so you now don't need premium ammo to penetrate :superserb:

Thx WG :feelsgoodman:

Funny thing is Serb is no longer here and I kinda wish he was. He was a dick but much more competent than the current crew of monkies. I doubt he would allow for no weakspots, negate armor fridge tanks.

4 hours ago, Siimcy said:

l0jUxzV.jpg

bS9ltwy.jpg

Da comrade

25x pleb HE, reeeee

17 hours ago, leggasiini said:

25x pleb HE, reeeee

I'm an ethical player. :kappa:

I'm having a hard time making this tank work damage-wise. I was using the 14cm and while the pen was adequate, hitting weak spots was hard due to the shitty dispersion and 19.5 sec reload for 600 damage was disappointing.  I've been using the 15cm which makes getting damage easier, especially at range (cause derp don't need no weak spots), but I'm still not getting good results.  I also find the armor to be unreliable against anyone but idiots. 

I feel I'm doing something wrong? Any pointers?

7 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

I'm having a hard time making this tank work damage-wise. I was using the 14cm and while the pen was adequate, hitting weak spots was hard due to the shitty dispersion and 19.5 sec reload for 600 damage was disappointing.  I've been using the 15cm which makes getting damage easier, especially at range (cause derp don't need no weak spots), but I'm still not getting good results.  I also find the armor to be unreliable against anyone but idiots. 

Use the 15cm. Go to the brawling zone. Seek out engagements against slow and heavily armoured targets, the slower and more heavily armoured, the better. Stall for 3 minutes and laugh as you rebalance the front of IS-7s, Mauses and E-100s.

17 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

14cm works good if you fire only prem and load standard only for meds. It's good to know how to hit hull roofs. 

I don't have thee 15cm yet but just shoot under tanks, bottom of the turrets. Use the derp in a way where you can shoot the enemy when they can't shoot you back. 

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

Use the 15cm. Go to the brawling zone. Seek out engagements against slow and heavily armoured targets, the slower and more heavily armoured, the better. Stall for 3 minutes and laugh as you rebalance the front of IS-7s, Mauses and E-100s.

Fortunately, most players using super heavies rely on their armor to let them camp the end of corridors are easy.  Decking JPE 100's is amusing too.  I found hitting turret roofs with the 14 cm to be meh since if I tended to miss to hit the turret for no damage.  With the 15cm, it's more worth while since even if you miss the roof, you get some damage and maybe a broken gun.  I just don't feel I'm getting the damage I should be. I guess it's different play style from other tanks and I will have to think more about where I am shooting. 

To get sufficient damage with the 15cm, you HAVE TO shoot premium HE in most situations. If you cannot afford to do so, the 15 cm just won't perform.

17 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

Fortunately, most players using super heavies rely on their armor to let them camp the end of corridors are easy.  Decking JPE 100's is amusing too.  I found hitting turret roofs with the 14 cm to be meh since if I tended to miss to hit the turret for no damage.  With the 15cm, it's more worth while since even if you miss the roof, you get some damage and maybe a broken gun.  I just don't feel I'm getting the damage I should be. I guess it's different play style from other tanks and I will have to think more about where I am shooting. 

You don't need to hit the turret roof just near it for the splash to reach it. Also hull roofs are bigger

14cm Type 4 is still absolute trash, not surprising that you struggle. In fact, its actually worse than before 9.17 becUse worse traverse speed and those bit weaker patches on hull.

Derp Type 4 is broken but even with gold HE not really that great, Type 5 is however still utterly stupid

Okay, I think I'm getting the tank or RNG is making me think I am.  One shotted a WZ-132 through the turret side and a couple of RHMs.  I didn't realize that the 15cm derp had that much splash damage and killed myself shooting a face hugging M103.  I killed him to but I did not expect 375-ish splash. It's an extremely slow playing tank which can really melt fast if you aren't careful. 

I don't feel like the tank is exactly stronger with the derp. Same avg dmg around 2,2k 

14 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I don't feel like the tank is exactly stronger with the derp. Same avg dmg around 2,2k 

Type 4 is in the same strange spot that the O-Ni is. Your derp doesn't yet have the RoF that it gets on the O-Ho and thus you are lacking behind or you take the decidedly mediocre regular gun, that can work, but is not good enough to be notably better than the derp.

4 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Type 4 is in the same strange spot that the O-Ni is. Your derp doesn't yet have the RoF that it gets on the O-Ho and thus you are lacking behind or you take the decidedly mediocre regular gun, that can work, but is not good enough to be notably better than the derp.

Naaah. Oni is clearly better with the derp. 

Here I adjusted and now I do better but still the long reload is a bit of a problem when a flank falls on you. You really have to go with the lemmings even to stupid places because long reload + slow speed means sometimes you will arrive at a flank when your heavies have already killed themselves

On 11/8/2017 at 1:51 AM, hazzgar said:

You can damage superheavies, do more consistent damage (i.e. no troll bounces off the buffed Tier 9 med turrets), and dont need to aim for half as long.

I'm still surprised my DPG is soo good given that the tank is not super strong. With the old gun was 2.2k and it's rising. That's a lot for a tank that can't farm late game damage and is late to the flanks so can't farm early. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0