Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leggasiini

Type 4 Heavy "appreciation" thread

84 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2017 at 5:16 PM, hazzgar said:

I'm still surprised my DPG is soo good given that the tank is not super strong. With the old gun was 2.2k and it's rising. That's a lot for a tank that can't farm late game damage and is late to the flanks so can't farm early. 

The point is that you can farm so long as there are enemies in front of you. It's extremely consistent outside of total wipeouts.

26 minutes ago, lavawing said:

The point is that you can farm so long as there are enemies in front of you. It's extremely consistent outside of total wipeouts.

Yeah. I think you can geet really high DPG if you only play the tank where the current pubbie meta suits them. Fortunately the patch reset the new meta and pubbies are playing like before. 

Oh well, I realised that a Fort Knox isn't enough Gold to skip the Type 4, because 2x 64k XP needed for two guns is always fun v.v

How strong is this tank considered generally now? I just got it and have a horrible time trying to get to start positions while an early enemy spotter brings arty to rain on me constantly.... not fun...

5 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

How strong is this tank considered generally now? I just got it and have a horrible time trying to get to start positions while an early enemy spotter brings arty to rain on me constantly.... not fun...

Decent enough with gold HE spam and very effective in the anti-armour role. But generally useless in anything that isnt a long, goldspamming brawl. There are many, better Tier 9s to play and all of them don't cost you 50k to run.

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

Decent enough with gold HE spam and very effective in the anti-armour role. But generally useless in anything that isnt a long, goldspamming brawl. There are many, better Tier 9s to play and all of them don't cost you 50k to run.

Pretty much sums it up.  Too slow to chase late damage, reload is too long if the other team melts. However, in a long, slow corridor brawl, you are good to go.

6 hours ago, lavawing said:

Support tank?

People are overexaggerating how bad it is. According to VBaddict it still has one of the higher bounce %. The armor works even if it's unreliable. Also it's not as expensive to run, I fire pure prem and somehow I don't bleed credits that bad with it. Closer to 15-25k per game and a profit on good games. 

For me I get 61% wr on it and 2270dpg and that's from full stock grind. For a scrub like me it's decent given that my wz1114 is 2390

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0