Cardinal_LZ

Do U think T57 is over-nerfed?

96 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2016 at 10:18 AM, DoggieKruger said:

The armor layout is rng godmode now. Had a game where I bounced 4k damage. It also bounces random e100 and jpe100 AP rounds. Can bounce Chinese 122 heat too. This is one of the better HD buffs. The front turret is like e5 cupola now. I just pray people won't find out the weak spots until I get my MoE 

Really, I have no problem penning it anywhere except for top front turret and UFP. And some random track bounce cos fuck RNG

Keep in mind, I'm speaking from experience from driving the T57 myself. Technically only the area around the gun is very RNG and from a distance but almost everybody aims there? Especially when you are hulldown. I've also got my gun hit more times than I can remember.

Thankfully I went back to watch the Foch video after I rage'd from trying to shoot other T57s with AP. The turret ring is still paper but it's a crapshoot sometimes from my own T57. 

38 minutes ago, DoggieKruger said:

Keep in mind, I'm speaking from experience from driving the T57 myself. Technically only the area around the gun is very RNG and from a distance but almost everybody aims there? Especially when you are hulldown. I've also got my gun hit more times than I can remember.

Thankfully I went back to watch the Foch video after I rage'd from trying to shoot other T57s with AP. The turret ring is still paper but it's a crapshoot sometimes from my own T57. 

The turret ring is a crapshoot in any tank from further than 50m away. Shots just rng into upper plate or gun mantlet area and bounce regardless of penetration. Total balance. I honestly hate shooting this thing more than I hate shooting a frickin E5, HEAT can fix E5 armor but not T57 which is purely based on rng.

Think it's better than the 50B with its new HD model? I liked the T57 and would love to have an excuse to sell my 50B and pick it back up. The absurd vulnerability without absurd firepower makes the 50B a pain in the ass to pub with.

Still sucks at shooting at range, weakspots etc. though. T57 trades RNGarmor and intraclip for everything else. 

The interclip won't matter unless you are a noob who overextends like me and the shorter reload saves you in brawling.

1 hour ago, DoggieKruger said:

Still sucks at shooting at range, weakspots etc. though. T57 trades RNGarmor and intraclip for everything else. 

The interclip won't matter unless you are a noob who overextends like me and the shorter reload saves you in brawling.

But in 90% of the maps these days, you are shooting within 200m max, usually within 100m, which makes the T57 even stronger with this new HD megabuff it received.
The only map I can think of where you have to shoot at range constantly is Prokhorovka?

Quite frankly the US autoloaders have been left behind full stop. Why even bother to play the tier 9 and 10 when the Czech tanks are here.

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t57-heavy.c:tvp-t-5051.c:amx-50-b

Even the batchat ap has better gun handling than the t54e1 http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t54e1.c:b-c-25-t-ap.c:koda-t-50

#powercreep 

On 10/7/2016 at 2:33 PM, Rexxie said:

Think it's better than the 50B with its new HD model? I liked the T57 and would love to have an excuse to sell my 50B and pick it back up. The absurd vulnerability without absurd firepower makes the 50B a pain in the ass to pub with.

You get (comparatively) absurd mobility with the 50B though. I loved the 57 before it got nerfed, and tried to pick it up again a bit afterwards but I find that the 50B still works well on more maps. The 57 is still very devastating close range though, and a lot more fun when it works. 

Really like the T57 after the HD. Befoehand it was kinda dissapointing, i alway asked myself, why am i not playing E5 or Patton ? But since the HD you really bounce 1-2 shots more per game and gives you enough time to reload another clip.

Gunhandling might be trashy, but the Acc itself is okay and if you aim carefully you mostly hit what you want. 

Got a replay from yesterday where i sniped 6k from the middle of Prok :disco:  http://wotreplays.com/site/3015274#details

On 8/10/2016 at 3:27 AM, Stige said:

But in 90% of the maps these days, you are shooting within 200m max, usually within 100m, which makes the T57 even stronger with this new HD megabuff it received.
The only map I can think of where you have to shoot at range constantly is Prokhorovka?

Within 100m you can almost shoot on the move with the 50B provided you preaim and not swinging your turret around.

23 hours ago, Acumen said:

Quite frankly the US autoloaders have been left behind full stop. Why even bother to play the tier 9 and 10 when the Czech tanks are here.

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t57-heavy.c:tvp-t-5051.c:amx-50-b

Even the batchat ap has better gun handling than the t54e1 http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t54e1.c:b-c-25-t-ap.c:koda-t-50

#powercreep 

JrDhEcH.jpg

This was done last patch and the tank is perfectly fine in current meta, they should just remove the AP round altogether and Sturer Emil this thing (APCR as standard without a gold round, or HE round) and the tank is probably better than most T9 mediums in terms of comfort/carry combo

BCAP has huge issues with engine damage/ammoracks and DPM while this thing plows through 3-4 clips easily before an engagement is over

Skoda T50 is obviously overperforming but saying that an already good tank suddenly turns shit because something does things better than it doesn't mean it's "left behind", T50 top DPGs are around 4100 while T54E1 are around 3800, it's not a super big difference. The T54E1 also has thick tracks meaning you can actually sidescrape, "some" armour that at least makes you not have to worry about HE or shitlord LTs. Combine that with the fact that you are still decently mobile and 1560 clip with a not too long clip reload makes the tank way more reliable in CQC and city areas because you don't have to constantly rely on people having to look the other way for damage to pile up

I bought this thing quite a while ago, and did't play it, since I like 50B much more. This thing is TOTT on EU now, and at the same time I'm playing it as part of the T44-100 mission marathon (I combine E5 and T57).

For me it is quite hard to play solo. I had too many 4k or 5k dmg losses in it. Hell, my win rate is 47% in it from 51 matches with 2.9k dpg. The mobility really hurts me a lot, and I can't seem to find a good positions for this tank, since I'm used to fast meds, and those high damage losses are usually me ending up to farm useless end-game damage after the outcome is already decided.

Any advice how to actually carry with this tank? Or simply platoon it more, since it is, after all, a support tank.

I don't know is it overnerfed, since I never played it before. I would always choose 50B over this tank, due to my playstyle. And I don't like that I get ammoracked frontally quite often in it.

3 hours ago, 3MAJ86 said:

I bought this thing quite a while ago, and did't play it, since I like 50B much more. This thing is TOTT on EU now, and at the same time I'm playing it as part of the T44-100 mission marathon (I combine E5 and T57).

For me it is quite hard to play solo. I had too many 4k or 5k dmg losses in it. Hell, my win rate is 47% in it from 51 matches with 2.9k dpg. The mobility really hurts me a lot, and I can't seem to find a good positions for this tank, since I'm used to fast meds, and those high damage losses are usually me ending up to farm useless end-game damage after the outcome is already decided.

Any advice how to actually carry with this tank? Or simply platoon it more, since it is, after all, a support tank.

I don't know is it overnerfed, since I never played it before. I would always choose 50B over this tank, due to my playstyle. And I don't like that I get ammoracked frontally quite often in it.

Go where you would if you were in a E5, be sure to have someone with you that can at least take the shots for you while you reload.. and yeah, platoon as much as you can, so it's 2 vs 28 instead of 1 vs 30

Thanks!

This is my session from tonight:

Q2TvNR7.png

That 850 damage game was pure frustration, first I missed 2 shots on 30B turret from like 100m range (he exposed his whole turret, not just cupola), and after that i missed 2 more shots as he was passing by 50m in front of me, and that is where 261 fucked me hard. The match right after in E5, got rekt by arty platoon in other team, that were focusing me so hard, so I had to play from shadow most of the time hence the low performance. And what I notice is that T57 is quite cruel on WN8. Is it coming from the fact that it was OP before, so the nabs pushed the average expected values up?

The gun handling is really painful in some moments...

Either way, small sample but 60% win rate = me is satisfied :)

18 hours ago, 3MAJ86 said:

ny advice how to actually carry with this tank? Or simply platoon it more, since it is, after all, a support tank.

Just go to usual heavy spots and clip into people every 22 seconds. Your downtime is so low you can just kill the enemy so hard they die to death.

I just can't make this thing win games :(

rSeW5Qe.png

That 6.2k dmg game on Lakeville, I lost because I ran out of ammo, otherwise it would have been a win :(

Update: So, after 86 matches, it is the only tank that I can consistently do 3k+ damage (3.1k at the moment) per match, and my win rate in it is 45%

I am officially a tomato.

This might be the first tier 10 tank that I will sell.

Well, I suppose the most recent post being last YEAR is a tell.....omg I'm failing hard in this...ought have bought the Leo1, which suits my playstyle better. Lost 8 matches in a row one night trying to get X2

Anyone tried it with improved vstab+vents? Can you skip gld for optics in such configuration?