hallo1994

The T29 Thread / MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

60 posts in this topic

The T-29 is one of my favorite tanks to play. In 185 battles, I have a 51% win rate, 4 high calibers, 1 Patrol Duty and 6 steel walls.  I recently got my ace tanker, link below and also have 1 mark of excellence on the barrel.  Truly a fun tank to play.  Speaking of bullies, in the replay below, I push a Panther/M10 off the cliff.  Fun stuff.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3799460#cliff-bigrebone-t29

11 hours ago, bigrebone said:

The T-29 is one of my favorite tanks to play. In 185 battles, I have a 51% win rate, 4 high calibers, 1 Patrol Duty and 6 steel walls.  I recently got my ace tanker, link below and also have 1 mark of excellence on the barrel.  Truly a fun tank to play.  Speaking of bullies, in the replay below, I push a Panther/M10 off the cliff.  Fun stuff.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3799460#cliff-bigrebone-t29

I once drowned an IS-3 on Fjords with it. He went into a facehug but was no match for a true US engine so I pushed him into the water at the west side of the map :D

When I first played this, I.  Just.  Didn't.  Get.  It.

I rebought it a couple of months ago during one of the sales/on-track events, put a mishmash crew into it, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it since then.  Got my second mark, and this month at least I'm running a bit over 56% wr in it.  I really, really sucked in it on my first pass, but once you learn that your hull armor is useless for the most part and don't overextend, you're good.  Turret holds up just fine in tier 9 battles, and the solid APCR means you can still support when you're bottom tier.

It's pathetic that even with my improved play in it of late, I'm still only at 49% after around 350 games.  When I say I sucked in it at first, I mean...I *really* sucked.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:27 PM, Tanager said:

When I first played this, I.  Just.  Didn't.  Get.  It.

I rebought it a couple of months ago during one of the sales/on-track events, put a mishmash crew into it, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it since then.  Got my second mark, and this month at least I'm running a bit over 56% wr in it.  I really, really sucked in it on my first pass, but once you learn that your hull armor is useless for the most part and don't overextend, you're good.  Turret holds up just fine in tier 9 battles, and the solid APCR means you can still support when you're bottom tier.

It's pathetic that even with my improved play in it of late, I'm still only at 49% after around 350 games.  When I say I sucked in it at first, I mean...I *really* sucked.

that could be said of a lot of tanks for a lot of players who just started out long ago, and coming back to it with some experience then suddenly everything clicks.

sorta glad that nothing so far has replaced the T29 at tier 7 as the king of hulldown positions.

39 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

that could be said of a lot of tanks for a lot of players who just started out long ago, and coming back to it with some experience then suddenly everything clicks.

sorta glad that nothing so far has replaced the T29 at tier 7 as the king of hulldown positions.

Well if something was better at hulldown that t29 it would either have to be shit at everything else (like he penable hull + 15kph speed) or it would be a tier8 tank since t29 already is t7.5

11 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Nothing's even close at tier 7, and there isn't that much at tier 8 IMHO.