Sign in to follow this  
catak

German TD line

9 posts in this topic

I may be out of touch, but I just noticed that the Jagdtiger is at tier 9. Is this different from the one previously sold in the store? And if so, would it be worth the grind and what are the major differences other than premium match making?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is different the Jagdtiger 8.8 and Jagdtiger are different.

The Jagdtiger 8.8 was based off the model created by geman having a shortage of 12.8cm guns and thus using their 8.8cm gun in its place.

The JagdTiger gets its choice of two very potent 12.8cm guns and other upgrade choices like engine and tracks. Also I think its superstructure might be a tad stronger (not sure don't hold me too that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Curo said:

Yes it is different the Jagdtiger 8.8 and Jagdtiger are different.

The Jagdtiger 8.8 was based off the model created by geman having a shortage of 12.8cm guns and thus using their 8.8cm gun in its place.

The JagdTiger gets its choice of two very potent 12.8cm guns and other upgrade choices like engine and tracks. Also I think its superstructure might be a tad stronger (not sure don't hold me too that)

No they are based off the same model, except that WG decided to buff the Jagdtiger 8.8 lower plate without doing the same for the JagdTiger. So not only is the JagdTiger 8.8 limited to tier 9 (which the armor is not that bad if you position it right) but the JagdTiger 8.8 has a lower plate that tier 7 scouts can not pen reliable, even with gold where the JagdTiger does not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snowdude21325 said:

No they are based off the same model, except that WG decided to buff the Jagdtiger 8.8 lower plate without doing the same for the JagdTiger. So not only is the jagdtiger 8.8 limited to tier 9 (which the armor is not that bad if you position it right) but it has a lower plate that tier 7 scouts can not pen reliable, even with gold. 

ah always felt that the JT had a harder superstructure, guess i was imagining things. Still wouldn't engage a hull down JT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Curo said:

ah always felt that the JT had a harder superstructure, guess i was imagining things. Still wouldn't engage a hull down JT

If you are level with him (or barely looking down) heres what can pen

Tier 8, high pen TDs AP or Gold from TDs (ISU is high pen AP)

Tier 9 TDs with AP 

Tier 9s with Gold no problem

Tier 10s GG (lower pen guns need gold)

The way to angle it if possible is trying to get something out of the gun depression on the tank. So sitting on a hill down shooting down, or driving up the pile of rubble in front of you a touch. This will make you very solid, except against tier 10 tds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snowdude21325 said:

If you are level with him (or barely looking down) heres what can pen

Tier 8, high pen TDs AP or Gold from TDs (ISU is high pen AP)

And T34 APCR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forget about that thing, but with the top gun you will destroy them so they were never a problem. The APCR on the JagdTiger did some nasty things to a T34, even hulled down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

I forget about that thing, but with the top gun you will destroy them so they were never a problem. The APCR on the JagdTiger did some nasty things to a T34, even hulled down. 

APCR of JT penetrates T34 turret, as T34 has hole behind thick mantlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

I forget about that thing, but with the top gun you will destroy them so they were never a problem. The APCR on the JagdTiger did some nasty things to a T34, even hulled down. 

12.8cm APCR does nasty things to many tanks in this game. XDDDDDDDD

:ohnyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.