leggasiini

Top 10 worst tenks in YOUR opinion

90 posts in this topic

VStarting from worst ones first, my treshold is quite high so I don't think I'll be able to find 10.

1. Type 95. - you can find picture of this abomination in dictionary next to word 'worthless'.

2. Type 91. - similar to above, but thankfully tier lower.

3. M3 Grant. - Not sure what was I thinking when I thought that this tank is any way reliable. Nope, really bad decision.

4. M3 Lee. - same as above, but at least it's less ugly. I guess...

5. Churchill VII - Oh my, in time when I played it, this tank had even bad depression, along side that stupid track weakspot from front and overall baddiness. 

6. Birch Gun. - I hate every arty, but this one, hands down.

It only took me 28 battles, before I said "screw this shit".

7. Valentine. - Ohhhh boy, this tank is basically Matilda that has less armour, *slightly* better mobility and in every single way worse guns. Heck, 75 damage gun has LESS then 1000 DPM. And I somehow got HIGH CALIBER in it, tier 5!

8. AMX 40. - Funny looks, but never buying it again, nope.

9. ISU-152 (stock). Had to add this on it's own, this tank in stock form is that bad. Have fun shooting E-75 for 270 on side, or bouncing ridicilous stuff with HEAT, because, HEAT.

Edited by kreso03
Didn't know that Tab key is that dangerous.

My list is a little different and I imagine a lot of people will disagree.  Anymore, I tend to free xp past anything I don't want to play, my time just isn't worth a tank I hate.  These tanks are tanks most consider good but for whatever reason I just can't play.

I didn't consider anything low tier, I can barely remember any of them.

Centurion - I've been "grinding" this tank for years, literally.  Hate playing it.  Slow, low alpha and weak armor.  

T-10 - Was my first tier 9 way back in the day.  Had no idea how to play it then, rebought it and still have no idea what to do.  Rage inducing module damage.  Mostly brought on by me being way to aggressive.

T110E5 - My first 10.  Horrid stats.  I know it's op now, but it still gives me ptsd thinking about playing it.  I remember playing it and not being able to pen anything while getting penned by everything, then playing against it and not being able to pen it.  I'm still bad at 10s, I understand it's just me.

Many tanks listed are not bad at all, and certainly not worse as some real turds (Chuchill Crap Carrier for example)

Worst tier 10 tanks, excluding arty and tier 4 and below:

1. Churchill Gun Carrier, it was worse as tier 5 tanks before it got buffed a bit, it has almost ANY weakness a tank / TD can have, with no strengths, its a mega nerfed Arl v39...
  2. Fv 4005, what. the. f**k. was WG thinking when they added this to the game, derp gun, no hp, no mobility and no armor
  3. Foch-155, i have it and i hate it, what a turd
  4. Obj 268, turretless TDs are shit, even with good camo
  5. Jp-E100, did i mention t10 tds are fkn bad? well, this one also suks dik
  6. Obj 263, what suprise!, and what a turd it is...
  7. Amx CDC, no armor is just awefull, perhaps good for farming dmg in strongholds, but for randoms? haha, funny joke....
  8. Cent mk1, no armor, no mobility and bad gun handling / dpm
  9. TVP VTU, again no armor, too slow and just retarded (good gun + no gun depression / no dpm or mount a nerfed 88 with no gun depression or no dpm)
  10. Arl V39, this thing is plain bad, food and tons of gold ammo make it bearable, but come on, a tank so bad it needs full gold + food to be ``not terrible awefull``, nice...

ps: all in all tier 10 TDs are the worst class of the game, they are terrible for the meta-game, terrible to fight and terrible to drive, the more i play wot, the more i think tier 10 TDs are an even bigger mistake as arty, arty has a sort of purpose / idea / realism coupled with awefull implementation, tier 10 tds are just as badly implemented and have on top of that no purpose / idea / realism...

22 minutes ago, monjardin said:

The Skoda T25 is fast with an autoloader. What's your problem with it?

Seriously. Considering how crap the crew that I had in it I have absolutely no complaints about the tank.

2 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I'll only do tiers 6+, and only with tanks available in the garage either via gold or by research. And, in no particular order

1: Churchill Gun Cancer Carrier
2: ARL v39
3: M4Rev
4: TVP Tier 8
5: T-43
6: AMX 50-120
7: Lorrain 40t
8: T-21
9: PzSFL-V (GE tier 7 TD)
10: T-34-2

I'm enjoying this thread because while it's helping to identify consensus worst tanks, it's also showing each individual's biases. For example, I thought the TVP 46 and T21 were just fine, if not particularly good, and I quite liked both the T-43 and the 50-120. (The Lorraine is a special case because it was ridiculous at Tier 8). 

20 minutes ago, Kilpanic said:

I'm enjoying this thread because while it's helping to identify consensus worst tanks, it's also showing each individual's biases. For example, I thought the TVP 46 and T21 were just fine, if not particularly good, and I quite liked both the T-43 and the 50-120. (The Lorraine is a special case because it was ridiculous at Tier 8). 

I played the T-21 back when it could see tier 10
T-43: Here, lets take the same gun as the previous tank but give it worse MM
50-120: Can NOT get over the lack of depression, elevation, and time between shots

Lorrrain at tier 8 was before my time :(

Hmm... tanks that I hated playing in no particular order-

A-44

DW2

Marder II

Pz.Sfl. IVc

M5

ARL 44

AMX 40

AMX 12t

Archer

Chi-Ri

1 minute ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I played the T-21 back when it could see tier 10
T-43: Here, lets take the same gun as the previous tank but give it worse MM

T-21 could see 10s when it first came out, but so could all the other Tier 5 and 6 scouts, so that was just a cost of doing business in light tanks. 

And the T-43 may have the T-34-85's gun, but with a much faster RoF; I seem to remember getting it down to under 4 1/2 seconds. Also you used to be able to put a 100mm on it, so it played pretty much like the Czech T-34/100 - underwhelming, but not categorically awful. 

I do take your implied point that the era you played a tank in counts for a lot. When I played the T-43, I thought that 194 APCR pen was plenty, but I can see some folks struggling with it in the new meta of impenetrable frontal armor and corridors. Some tanks have always been awful though (ARL v39 and CDC for ex) 

1. everything tier5 and lower

2. FV4005

3. t57

4. t95

5. t28

6. t28proto

7. challenger

8. KJP

9. cent7/1

10. waffle100

Not in order.

I only play tier 8 and up now so my list will be composed of TANKS that in no particular order are bad IMO

1. CDC

2. Maus

3. AMX 30B

4. Lorr 40t

5. FV4005

6. TVP VTU

7. 121

8. M103

9. KV4

10. M4 Rev

There are many terribad tanks in the game and I skipped most of them, that being said the Type 95 is objectivly by far the worst tank in the game.

10: FV201 A45. Not a bad tank in the right situations, issue is the right situations rely on teamwork and well...SEA server

9: KV-5.  Jingles you bastard why did you tell them my weak spot

8: Jg. Pz. IV.  Probably a combination of my skill and the tank but it's so underwhelming compared to all the times I've been hit by one

7: PzKpfw. T25.  It was pretty good before the czech tanks, but now you can grind to the same tank with all around better stats for free. Over the one I paid for. Nice, WG.

6: Stug IV.  This one isn't so much the tank but rather the fact that for such a build up for a player like me it's just...average I guess? Not particularly good or bad.

5: ST Vz. 39. I don't really think I need to explain that one

4: T3 HMC.  You STOLE my T18 YOU JEWISH CONNIVING BASTARDS

3: Chi-Ri.  What sort of tier 7 Medium only has tier 6 guns I swear to christ SerB

2: T34-85.  Unpopular opinion but oh well. I haven't managed to do well in any game in the T34-85. A combination of my skill level and the tank's ability, but mostly due to the terrible choice of guns you have and then generally disappointing mobility.

1: T25/2.   I feel like it hasn't received a single buff since it's introduction to the game, and it's the only tank I've played where I can say it's completely useless even in it's own tier. Theres more heavily armored TDs, faster firing TDs, Higher damage TDs, Sneakier TDs, Faster TDs...you get the point. 

i'm only going to mention tanks that i've played fairly recently. 

Type 95 - heavy tank in all respects other than firepower and armor, coincidentally what a heavy tank should be about

Type 91 - the novelty of being the first tier 3 heavy tank wears off quickly

Stvz 39 - mediocre as a tier 4 medium tank, more to do with being a tier 4

Skoda T24 - inferior to all other tier 5 medium tanks

Challenger - an awkwardly tall and poorly camouflaged TD, doesn't have the firepower to be firing from the rear of allies against enemy front armor, no armor, not good enough mobility to flank like a medium. makes the T25/2 look good

M5 Stuart - useless guns, autofire gun requires you to adopt a suicidal playstyle in corridor maps, poor penetration and DPS makes it impotent against even some light tanks and artillery

VK1602 Leopard - didn't work for me. same somewhat improved autogun of the Luchs, but not as fun

KV-5 - damn you Jingles. novelty tank, only played as part of a platoon

Pzkpfw T25 - atrocious gun handling, turns like a brick. 

TOG II* - damn you Jingles pt2, a novelty tank, only used in SH recently (won that), platoon tank only

Keep in mind this post is for me a trip down memory lane.

4 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

the 36.01 VK H is bad.

I'll take words I'd never think I'd hear for 600, Alex.  Did it get a big nerf at some point in the past year that I never heard about?

I've also got to disagree about the VK4502.A being bad, at least from about a year and a half ago.  Medium tank DPM (assuming we're not comparing to the Object 416 and that hilarious gun it has), medium tank mobility, and heavy tank hitpoints made for a pretty scary combination when you beat most people up to the hill on Malinovka, or any other forward spot.  Really the only problems I ever had with it were paper armor and gigantic size.  Also seeing a lot of KV-5 hate here, which I can understand since it basically requires gold in order to function, but most noobs can't hit R2 reliably if you jiggle it around, and you had enough weight behind you to shove tier 10's around.  Just... fuck IS-6's man.

Anyway, time to add my contribution from the days of yore.  This isn't necessarily in order.

10. M3 Lee: Oh look, it's the poster child of tanks completely screwed over by WG never implementing that multi-turret system they said they were working on for the past five years.  Decent gun, decent mobility, its frontal armor is even good enough to resist autocannons if you angle it.  And those are about the only good things I have to say about it.

9. M5 Stuart: That 75mm derp couldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat.

8. A-20: Just... no.  Poor turning ability, poor gun, poor vision when I last played it.  Tier 9's just ruined your day and the only option you had for playing it was not going up the russian medium line.

7. Pz.38NA: A light tank that can't move worth a damn is a real sorry sight in tier 9 matches.

6: AMX 38: Went down in my books as the only tank that I ragesold after one battle.  I mean, hell I even gave the AMX40 and Lorraine 40t enough time to get past the damn things.  Liberal amounts of free xp were used here.

5: AMX 40: Annoying to anything tier 3 and under, free kill to anything tier 5 and over.  And its 75mm gun is almost as bad as the Stuart's.

4: Lorraine 40t: A bloated french tank that's bigger and less armored than my minivan?  No thank you.  Gun aims too slowly and has too much bloom for sniping work, and you die instantly if you go into close quarters.  At least it's mobile, I guess.

3: Bishop: I mean, I liked it at the time and I did some neat stuff with it.  But looking back, it had pathetically short range, low damage, and enough armor to make it just shy of immobile at anything other than a straight line (but not enough armor to actually protect it of course).

2: VK 30.01P: Oh look, it's the tier 6 lorraine minus the autoloader.  At least the gun isn't complete garbage this time.

1: That one VK tier 5 heavy tank: Can't remember letter/number, but I hated this thing with a passion.  An incredibly slow, really poorly armored platform for a mediocre medium tank gun.

5 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

No Lorrain 40t?  I've never played it, but it is consistently reviled by everyone here.

Lorr isn't the strongest T9 autoloader, but there isn't really any real "bad" T9 autoloader

Challenger is horribad, all arty save the FV304 is cancer to play as, all tier 7 mediums are shit(especially the A-44) and there's a special place in hell for slow, casemate TD's.

The T95 is the posterboy for this. It's got decent armor and a big-boomstick, but by the time you've rolled forward and lined up your shot, people will have seen you coming and just gone somewhere else. Then you trundle along again, continuing the pattern until your team has killed every last enemy, or you are alone... Then, and only then, will a fast med or light show their chicken-shit face, sweep around your back and violently start ramming their gun barrels up your ass without the slightest bit of lube.

I know that there's a lot of h8 towards lorr

but it just got buffed to 2.5s aim time so i suggest give it another try.

4 hours ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

1. A44. It looks like a strong tank with a good hull and hard hitting gun. Too bad the armor is a lie. Every shot you take through the front kills your engine, damages your ammorack or sets you on fire. The gun's aming speed is actually measured in centuries and once you are aimed your target is probably dead. Also the gun depression is absolutely terrible from the front sides and rear so you have to expose your tank to shoot over ridges. 0/10 would get mentally tortured again.

+1. fuck this tank.

23 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

TOG II* - damn you Jingles pt2, a novelty tank, only used in SH recently (won that), platoon tank only

Dude the tog is actually pretty good.

3 hours ago, monjardin said:

I couldn't disagree more with those 3 points.

The Skoda T25 is fast with an autoloader. What's your problem with it?

The Lorraine 40t is big, soft and can face situations where it is hard to use it effectively. However, it's fast with an autoloader. I see a pattern...

When was the last time you played the Tiger (P)? It can't sidescrape because of the shoulders, gold goes straight through the front because it's flat and the DPM and gun handling are bad. All it can do is (slowly) bully low tiers.

I liked 50 100, 50 120, 50B, BatChat, Skoda T50, TVP 50/51.
Only thing I didn't like was the 13 90 really, that gun handling is even more abysmal than BC.

Skoda T25 is just... dunno. Maybe I'm just that bad at low tier games + no crew on a mediocre tank = no good will come of it.

The Tiger P's turret armor is pretty crap, which sucks because you always have to expose it to shoot.

That's (literally) on top of the 3 weakspots that even the front presents, so overall, the armor isn't worth trading off everything else that the Tiger I gets.

53 minutes ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

3: Bishop: I mean, I liked it at the time and I did some neat stuff with it.  But looking back, it had pathetically short range, low damage, and enough armor to make it just shy of immobile at anything other than a straight line (but not enough armor to actually protect it of course).

Wow. As others have said, this thread is interesting for the differences of opinion. IMHO, the Bishop is the most OP mid-tier arty. Fast rate of fire. Accurate. High arc can drop shells in a pickle barrel near the back door. Has to get close, but is able to defend itself very well in TD mode. It even bounces incoming fire once in a while. Even I (a stinky player) can actually carry in it -- an artillery, no less.

Off the top of my head, I hated the Renault G1, ARL 44, AMX M4, Type 95, and T2 light. I am starting to hate the Churchill III, which I used to like okay for earning and training. It feels like it has been severely power-creeped, and I usually play it only in platoons now.

Worst tanks IMO, in no particular order, although it's pretty close. Played most of these except the FV 4085 and the Church GC)

10. AMX AC 1948*

9. AMX 50 120*

8. AMX M4 1945*

7. Medium III*

6. D1*

5. AMX 40*

4. FV4085

3. ARL V39*

2.Lorraine 155 50* (What all SPG's should be balanced like: no splash, pitiful alpha, on-paper "accuracy" is a lie, ~27s reload)

1. Churchill Gun Carrier. VBaddict has it as one of the least-winningest tanks in the game. On my WoT bucket list just so I can appreciate every other tank I drive.

1 hour ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

Anyone remember this RBS article?

http://wotlabs.net/articles/best-tier-5-tanks-rankings/

3. Bishop – I bet you didn’t see this one coming!  The bishop is an odd artillery piece with what looks to be zero splash, no traverse, and LOL range.  What you can’t tell from the stats is that the arc on this SPG is completely ridiculous.  The shell travels practically straight up, to your target, and then comes straight down.  This means that maps like Himmelsdorf are amazing for you, whereas they are completely crap for every other SPG.  Another feature of the crazy arc is that roof armor is thinnest out of every other angle, meaning the enemy tank takes much more damage than you might expect.  The playstyle takes some getting used to, but the reward is worth it.

7 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

59-16

Bruh how dare you, this tank is probably the most fun I have had in Wot for a long time, great tank. In a t7 match you just rape just about everything and unlike most t6 tanks, gun handling and chassis is not cancer. plus 8 second reload for that auto-loader, so filthy. 

But my unpopular opinion is that the Cent 7/1 belongs on the list, I found it to be so resoundingly mediocre in all aspects that it was unplayable for me. Too slow to be played as a sniper, turret armor too unreliable to be played as a ridge sniper. Big and clunky and limited to 40kph, but it could not snapshot, and with no reliable gold round this tank was hell for me.