saru_richard

Tips for the following grinds

8 posts in this topic

so right now cause i dont want my T110E5 to be the only Tier X i have im working on several grinds right now and now that i at least i reach the half way mark (tier 5's) i thought i might ask for some tips so if anyone can help that would be nice. here's the following grinds and my progress so far on each of them

IS-7 (currently at IS-3)

113 (currently at Type T-34)

T-62A (currently at T-43)

M48A1 Patton (currently at M4 Sherman)

Jag.Pz E100 (currently at Stug III G (got it through the Hetzer))

(please don't kill me for this) B C 155 58 (currently at Lorr 155. 50)

so once more any suggestions/tips will be appreciated so thank you for your time

The IS-3 isn't as great at side-scraping as advertised. The T-10's mobility should be taken full advantage of. I don't personally have that much of an opinion on the IS-7.

Type T-34 should try to stick with an ally/allies and use as much of its DPM as possible. Type 58 - again, should still use the DPM as well as really good RNG (in my experience, anyway). IS-2 - Derp the ever living shit out of everything. 110 - Try to go hull down as much as possible and put up with the mediocre-at-best gun. WZ-111 1-4 - Hull down and dish out as much 490 dmg shots as possible. 113 - Play like a T-10.

T-43 is just awful. T-44 is just bad. T-54 load heat like a faggot use the excellent turret (hull down), take the reigns of the stronk soviet eccurasy and aim for weakspots. T-62A is the god of shooting on the move.

M4 Sherman - Be a violet stett pedder and shoot HEAT from the 105mm howitzer. M4A3E8/Jumbo - An okay tank. The Howitzer isn't of much use at tier 6, so stick with the low-pen gun and pack a lot of APCR. (for the jumbo, troll with the armour in tier 6 battles only.) T20 - Gun depression... that's the only pro of the tank. Pershing - DPM and gun depression. M46 Patton - pure grind. Pack APCR and be patient. M48A1 - DPM, accuracy, aim time, gun depression, anything except armour and try not to go hull down.

Stug III - the armour can be quite ridiculous, if the opposition who is shooting you has a mental deficiency. DPM. Jagdpanzer IV - Don't use the 8.8cm. Use the Stug's gun and pack a lot of APCR. Jagdpanther - Excellent gun handling, and ridiculous frontal hull angling. If you can point the Jagdpanther up and hide the lower plate at the same time, it will bounce a lot of shots. Pick the Jagdpanther II for christ's sake. Again, excellent gun handling coupled with a huge amount of alpha will appeal to the tank destroyer driver. Mobility is fantastic. It's very hard to circle this thing unless the track is broken. The hull armour is non-existent. Don't rely on it. Unless you can get into some weird position of where the whole hull is covered and only showing the superstructure, then it probably will be able to bounce shots from most guns with 225mm of pen or less. Jagdtiger is a bit grindy and unwieldy. Get into a good sniping/supporting position of where you can hide your lower plate and punish the enemy with 560 dmg shots. Jagdpanzer E 100 - Use the armour to its full potential by hiding the lower plate and not angling beyond 35° so that the drive wheel weakness isn't exposed. At the same time, every time you fire (every 24 seconds or so), try and hide away to reload and pay attention for any sneaky tank that is trying to flank you or has the potential to. Adjust to the situation.

Lorr. 155 50 - Click. Lorr. 155 55 - Click. Lorr. 155 58 - Click 3 times and get all the arty missions done.

8 minutes ago, dashnog said:

T-43 is just awful. T-44 is just bad(At worst its mediocre. Its a good tank if you use that nice mobilty and flank. Yes, it doesnt has the tard prem "i haz pen"round that every other 8 med has, but the mobilty alongside the small turret can help it to minimize exposure and use the nice DPM it has. ) . T-54 load heat like a faggot use the excellent turret (hull down), take the reigns of the stronk soviet eccurasy and aim for weakspots. T-62A is the god of shooting on the move.

M4 Sherman - Be a violet stett pedder and shoot HEAT from the 105mm howitzer. M4A3E8/Jumbo - An okay tank. The Howitzer isn't of much use at tier 6, so stick with the low-pen gun and pack a lot of APCR. (for the jumbo, troll with the armour in tier 6 battles only.)TBH i feel like Jumbo its meh at best, Easy 8 was a lovable tank and can mount VStabs, if im not wrong it has the best fire control of any t6 med with good DPM) T20 - Gun depression... that's the only pro of the tank(That and a decent speed, decent camo, good alpha and a retarded APCR round, its a sniper med, and its pretty damn good at it). Pershing - DPM and gun depression(Abuse the elite lolturret, stock one has no armor. Oh, and also has lolpen with the APCR round). M46 Patton - pure grind(Free xping is gonna require a shitload of xp because gun is expensive as hell and youll need either track or enhaced susp. Havent played this one but unis like it a lot when elited, seems to have  good on the move acc ). Pack APCR and be patient. M48A1 - DPM, accuracy, aim time, gun depression, anything except armour and try not to go hull down.

I played both Jumbo and Sherman with HE spam, not even HEAT except for the toughest of targets and it was pretty hilarious. That Sherman gave me my only Pool's medal with 12 kills, it's completely retarded when it isn't massively out-tiered. With Jumbo I just abused the broken stock turret (though I can't remember if they nerfed it with HD or something else) and HE-spammed everything. Worked like a charm because if you aren't facing an IS-3, you can easily HE or HEAT through everything.

It's probably not the most efficient way to statpad, though, but it sure was fun derping everything in the face. I also thought T-43 was pretty fun, although it was in trouble in high tier games. T-44 is pretty ass unless you have a good crew and APCR spam, the gun is slightly too derpy and it doesn't have enough armor to withstand the kind of pen you usually face (tier 9 and 10 tanks).

IS-7 is fine for crushing reds, just keep an eye out for HEAT JPEs and a couple of other things. 113 is supposedly pretty damn solid now, with -5 gun depression, medium tank speed. high DPM for a heavy and good alpha. However, it does trade armor for it, so you have to play more like a medium to my understanding (I don't have the tank myself). T-62A is a pretty strong tank but I think most top end players favor the 140 a bit more: TBH it probably doesn't matter all that much if you aren't at peak WN8 farming anyway.

I haven't played through other TD trees than RU but it's my understanding that JPII is far superior once you learn to use its armor profile because it can auto-bounce a fair amount of shots at the right angle and it has a really nice gun with nice mobility on top.

Patton is mostly for a full gold setup, meaning food, APCR spam and high end crew. T20 is pretty OP and fully recommended, particularly if you don't mind being a goldspamming douchebag :surprisefish:

The RU heavy grind is pretty easy as all the tanks are decent and with your stats it may be the safer choice to learn tier 10 battles. Out of the tanks you've shown here, I'd probably pick a grind order of IS-7 > T62-A > 113 > Patton > JPE > autocancer. If you do want genuine arty help, try hitting up Folterknecht but I'm not sure if he'll recommend the Frenchy.

10 hours ago, saru_richard said:

so right now cause i dont want my T110E5 to be the only Tier X i have im working on several grinds right now and now that i at least i reach the half way mark (tier 5's) i thought i might ask for some tips so if anyone can help that would be nice. here's the following grinds and my progress so far on each of them

IS-7 (currently at IS-3) IS-3 is pretty much the easiest shitwagon in the game. Just drive forward and click noobs, unless you're in a tier 10 match. Then, just drive forward behind a friendly E5 and click noobs.

113 (currently at Type T-34) Tier 5 and below is, well, tier 5 and below. It's boring and a waste of time. Tier 7 you get the IS-2 which if you remember the tier 7 IS from the Russian line, it's the same thing except it has monster HEAT pen for gold ammo instead of APCR.

T-62A (currently at T-43) T-44 is kinda meh, but it hasn't been totally power-crept in to irrelevance yet. It's a semi-sluggish medium with decent guns to choose from and armor that works sometimes. The T-54 is pretty  average until you through credits to the wind and just load full HEAT, and then it just roflstomps everything because lolbalance. T-62A is pretty much a T-54 that's improved in every way slightly. It's no longer the undisputed king of spamming mediums to be purple, but it's still one of the very best. Like the E5 of mediums.

M48A1 Patton (currently at M4 Sherman) Get the E8, not the E2. With every line that gives you an option of mobility or armor, go with mobility. The reason, mobility works no matter your MM, armor doesn't. E2 armor is good at tier 6, but tier 7 and 8 just auto-aims you and gives no fucks. Go with the mobility. T20 is decent I hear, but it's been a long time since I played it. The Pershing is one of the best tier 8's in the game, especially if you hate money and APCR spam out of it. Super expensive, but makes it pretty much unstoppable. Hull down, dance a bit, and blast heavies in the face usually works well, and it's nimble enough to get around in the few instances that doesn't work. M46 has less turret armor (like practically speaking none, don't ever hope it will bounce because it won't when you need it to) but it's mobility, gun handling, and DPM make it second only to the T-54 IMO at tier 9. It truly is godly, if you like abusing gun depression and snap-shotting. The M48 is exactly the same but better in every way, including having workable turret armor.

Jag.Pz E100 (currently at Stug III G (got it through the Hetzer)) Can't say much about the ones below tier 7, but no one likes those anyway. Jagdpanther is a camo sniper, still, which means its usefulness is pretty gimped these days. JP2, however is still one of the best TD's at tier 8, I'd argue having even better damage farming potential than the ISU-152. Medium tank mobility with a gun most tier 10 heavies would appreciate having, and armor sloped at just the right angle to give you gun depression while making your front auto-bounce to everything. Yes please. If you unlock the Ferdinand instead, you're hopeless and I give up on you. The Jagdtiger is better now, but still needs help. It's counter-intuitive. It has all this armor and low speed with great DPM and a bunch of HP, right? Yea...but no. You have to engage at normal TD range (long) because the good armor is ruined by the entire lower half of the vehicle, which all tier 8's and up will pen just about every shot. The good armor on the top half won't stand up to tier 10's either.Stay at medium to long range and burn people down, and hopefully you have enough HP left when your team collapses to kill the couple enemies that make it near you. If a medium or light get's within 100m of you, just exit back to garage. The JPE100 is the same type of vehicle, but works completely differently. It's a monster. IMO, it's stronger than the E3 and has better armor then the E100. Angling the JPE100 is like angling the Maus turret; most people don't know how to do it, but you will not pen the ones that do. The Jagzilla is a lot more flexible than people give it credit for, as well. In any given situation and match up, it is useful. f it needs to snipe in the forest on Murovanka, it can. If it needs to push tank alley on Himmelsdorf, it can (brutally).  It's gun handling is actually insanely good for what it is. You see 17CM destroyer of worlds and think it's going to have a comparable aim time and accuracy to the 183...it's not. It's better than the E100. In fact, comparing the Maus, E100, IS-7, and IS-4, only the Maus has a faster aim time, and every single one of them has worse accuracy and dispersion. 

65256620.jpg

so once more any suggestions/tips will be appreciated so thank you for your time

13 hours ago, dashnog said:

Lorr. 155 50 - Click. Lorr. 155 55 - Click. Lorr. 155 58 - Click 3 times and get all the arty missions done.

BatChat 155 55 and BatChat 155 58.

Also 155 58 has a 4 shot clip.

19 hours ago, saru_richard said:

IS-7 (currently at IS-3)

Great tank and great line to learn heavies:
IS3 -> point your face at the enemy and make your gun sing, nothing special to do there... One of the toughest tanks from the front at T8. Use it hudown if possible, wiggle your butt and you'll be fine.
T10 -> I played this back when it was still the IS8, it used to play like a medium (more or less), I'll talk about the IS8 experience, the T10 might be slightly different. Use the good turret to your advantage and your hard hitting gun. The hull becomes obsolete.

113 (currently at Type T-34)

Can't comment, never played chinese tanks

T-62A (currently at T-43)

Grind is tedious at mid tiers, but the end tank(s) is great. My favourite T10 to date is the T62A.

T43 -> mediocre at best, nothing to say really, it can do something when top tier, if bottom you're almost hopeless...
T44 -> kinda good, let's say it wants to be good, but it lacks what the next tiers have: good turret and awesome heat rounds. It will get u used to the T54 and the T62A.
T54 -> it's a bit worse since the HD version came out, but it's still a very capable tank: great gun, great armour, good mobility and anaverall beast. Load HEAT at will, this thing benefits even too much of the gold ammo

M48A1 Patton (currently at M4 Sherman)

I don't have the T10 yet, but I enjoyes the whole grind. Awesome tanks, versatile and all rounder. They do everything good and nothing best, except maybe the dispersion on some of them.

M4 has to be played with the derp, it's a very fun tank to play and I kept it for a long time
M4A2E8 Easy 8: great tank, I qould have kept it if I didn't already have a Cromwell B at tier 6. It starts to get you into the strong points of the line: being able to be extremely versatile. Play it for a bit, it's a great tank to make experience with meds if you feel like you need it.
T20: probably the best tank I've played. It is one of the prime examples of versatility. Great gun with a mediocre accuracy, but with great stabilization. Use the gun depression to avoid getting hit. Simillar gameplay goes for the subsequent tiers.

Generally the guns lack penetration and accuracy, trading it for great stabilization on the move and gun depression. The APCR rounds are very nice (expecially on the pershing imho). They are a great way to learn mediums at every tier of the grind and you will probably be pleased during the whole time you play this line (I kept most of these tanks for a while and some are still in my garage, I play them regularly).

Jag.Pz E100 (currently at Stug III G (got it through the Hetzer))

Bad tank. I don't like it, too slow and big... But if you want to hit stuff for 1k dmg it's the original big gun in WoT. Only advice from me: go through the Jagdpanzer II. The Ferdinand's armour is a bit "fake". In the jagd you have the mobility to relocate and be competitive in T10 games.

Nope, never played this and probably never will :P

12 hours ago, Megrin said:

BatChat 155 55 and BatChat 155 58.

Also 155 58 has a 4 shot clip.

what the fuck when did I miss the memo