Sign in to follow this  
Jr_Jr

Victor Kislyi Meets World of Tanks Players

42 posts in this topic

4:00- Do you think WarGaming will start to actually listen to the community more, or do you think this is just them pandering to the community?

5:30- What do you think they will be adding in the future.

6:00 The list of prem tanks being buffed are:

• Pz.Kpfw. V/IV Alpha (German tier VI medium tank)
  • STA2 (Japanese tier VIII medium tank)
  • 112 (Chinese tier VIII heavy tank)
  • T95E2 (American tier VIII medium tank)
  • M56 Scorpion (Amerian tier VII tank destroyer)
  • 59 Patton (Chinese tier VIII medium tank)
  • A-32 (Soviet tier IV medium tank)
  • Kanonenjagdpanzer (German tier VIII tank destroyer)

What do you think about these tanks being buffed?

How much better do you think they will be?

This change is the first part of an upcoming complete vehicle rebalance.

Here is an interesting section of the post as well. What do you think this means over all? Will lights become more of a work horse, will arty be revamped, will heavy's be re balanced with gold in mind?

6:20- What are your thoughts on Rampage being fully removed, and the t-22 being nerfed? Will the T22 become like the type 59 in it's infamy?

In the end what do you think this will do for WOT in the long run?  Are you exited, or skeptical about this "Uprooting"

On the Armored Patrol interview he came to the miraculous conclusion that WoT was a sinking ship with an all time low of consumer approval because "We didn't listen to our player base" 

:serb:

I like their CEO though; for as much as he could appear to be a puppet he's atleast not a bald piece of shit like serb was.

21 minutes ago, Assad said:

On the Armored Patrol interview he came to the miraculous conclusion that WoT was a sinking ship with an all time low of consumer approval because "We didn't listen to our player base" 

:serb:

I like their CEO though; for as much as he could appear to be a puppet he's atleast not a bald piece of shit like serb was.

I think you missed the part where Viktor said specifically that Serb was back working on the game.

I didn't even know serb went away... when did serb leave?

what I will say is, when I talked with Junkers about it after he came back, he said it was a waste of time. I won't say more because thats for him to tell. 

25 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

I think you missed the part where Viktor said specifically that Serb was back working on the game.

SerB is also out of the spotlight. Which is my point. Serb as a figurehead of PR was retarded to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Assad said:

SerB is also out of the spotlight. Which is my point. Serb as a figurehead of PR was retarded to begin with.

Oh no question. The guy was a a worse debacle than putting me in a PR capacity. I'm willing to bet that's why he quietly disappeared in the first place, when the first world started calling him on his Soviet Bloc bullshit.

I have no faith in War Gaming whatsoever to fix their product. 3 years of this PR bullshit where the problem was just brushed aside hurt my trust in them.  But I will not discount the fact that under this new guy Victor here, he may turn things around.

Be glad that they're trying to fix the game, but don't be surprised when nothing comes about it.........but be surprised and glad if something is changed for the better.

Listening to the community is good and all but when the WoT community is objectively worse than most other games... idk.

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

Listening to the community is good and all but when the WoT community is objectively worse than most other games... idk.

atleast everyone hates arties, so maybe they will finally do that arty rework

Is WoT really faring that badly, all things considered? For some gimmick WW2 FPS MOBA, it's not the best in popularity nor balance but it certainly is a B grade name brand on the front shelves at the supermarket. That is acceptable given what WoT's origin are and the fact that not every MMO can be #1AAA titles with all the perks that come along.

I say for what WoT's target demographic is, which is apparently casuals, this game will stay alive for awhile regardless of population. Veterans play their part as opinionated cash cows because the community is quite capricious with how much attentive emphasis is placed on premium shop pricing and new tank hype. Even now SJW Rita is crying about Yugoslaviana being denied the "right" of affordable E-tanks like it even matters to the constructive growth of the game, monetary benefits aside.  The bottom line always matters regardless of WG's intentions. Casuals are easier to reel in and cater to.

About Victor, A 6th sense in me tells that I shouldn't trust him. He just has that weasely look to him as well and his vernacular is reminiscent to political speak. He can speak all that he may and I'll respectfully listen but actions speak louder than words.

Nothing against the two, just raw observations for the sake of intellectual discussion. I'm sure they're both pleasant.

>has problems with their game

>basically says that everything will be fixed in a big overhaul of the game in general without any details to actually prove what they had in mind

cant say that they'll fix something if they don't know how in the first place

43 minutes ago, Casas5591 said:

Is WoT really faring that badly, all things considered? For some gimmick WW2 FPS MOBA, it's not the best in popularity nor balance but it certainly is a B grade name brand on the front shelves at the supermarket. That is acceptable given what WoT's origin are and the fact that not every MMO can be #1AAA titles with all the perks that come along.

I say for what WoT's target demographic is, which is apparently casuals, this game will stay alive for awhile regardless of population. Veterans play their part as opinionated cash cows because the community is quite capricious with how much attentive emphasis is placed on premium shop pricing and new tank hype. Even now SJW Rita is crying about Yugoslaviana being denied the "right" of affordable E-tanks like it even matters to the constructive growth of the game, monetary benefits aside.  The bottom line always matters regardless of WG's intentions. Casuals are easier to reel in and cater to.

About Victor, A 6th sense in me tells that I shouldn't trust him. He just has that weasely look to him as well and his vernacular is reminiscent to political speak. He can speak all that he may and I'll respectfully listen but actions speak louder than words.

Nothing against the two, just raw observations for the sake of intellectual discussion. I'm sure they're both pleasant.

I don't think you understand how large WarGaming really is.

Also a side not. Not a single MMO has made it to AAA as far as i'm aware.

I think MMO, and huge PC franchises like WarGaming can't really be compared with the standard AAA branding of console company's.

Triple A only applies to games that are sold. Games that use microtransactions/freemium/subscription models aren't included as Triple A.

On the note for victor... Early on he seemed like a genuinely good idea however at a certain point I could sense plain old bs.

ive been waiting years for a change to arty but still nothing just "somethings coming on 2016", WG is full of shit they will likely never make any serious changes to the game until it dies

27 minutes ago, westybig said:

ive been waiting years for a change to arty but still nothing just "somethings coming on 2016", WG is full of shit they will likely never make any serious changes to the game until it dies

They removed rampage! :serb:

"9.14 was a good example that we now listen to what the players want"

Yeah, sounds and physics were the most urgent problems in the game, forums were full of complaints about them.

2 hours ago, monty50k said:

"9.14 was a good example that we now listen to what the players want"

Yeah, sounds and physics were the most urgent problems in the game, forums were full of complaints about them.

Of the short video I watched with junkers chat yesterday, that part stood put as the most ridiculous. First, it was the only substantive item that could be discussed because the rest of it was idle chatter about what wasn't done and non-specifics about coming changes. Second, the "host" was praising these changes as very well received. That was bullshit. The community overwhelmingly rejected the new sounds while on the test server and when released. Further, the community generally appeared pissed that wg focused on sounds and physics at the continued expense of real problems, like arty,rng,map rotation, etc. Third, objectively speaking, players were not complaining about physics or sounds anyway. 

Garbage video... 

Nice picture of LemmingRush though :bravo:

16 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I didn't even know serb went away... when did serb leave?

2 years ago or so he slowly stopped working on wot (i think around patch 8.6 or so)

15 hours ago, Assad said:

Serb was (was, not is i think) main / head developer and creative director or something aka guy in charge of the entire game development, only Victor is above Serb (or atleast, thats how i always understood)

Wot from 2010 till 2012 or so is mostly due to Serb, many of the major early changes and ideas were pushed by Serb, so its Serb who made wot what it was (together with a few other guys, who all no longer work much on wot, atleast, thats what my stronk russian google skills + random tid bits of info make me believe)

The question and answer thing was more a: Ask the main developer questions, so the guy in charge, not some PR turd who doesnt know shit...

11 hours ago, Casas5591 said:

Wot is a massive game, you really underestimate it, ~1 million players online every day, it made ~300 million in 2012 and i guess it only went up, not down

for online numbers (sort of live): 

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/

(right now:

• RU: 633k
  • EU: 135k
  • NA: 15k
  • SEA: 8k
  • Kor: 1k

So in total, tuesday evening at 19:30 ~790k online players, NA might be dead, but NA was never relevant anyway....

15 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Don't fool yourself: every MMO has its shitters. The real cancer comes out when you're forced to cooperate with randoms for some sort of rank (AKA LoL Ranked or CSGO competitive). WoT pub games are nothing compared to the infinite realm of retardation that resides withing League and CSGO.

The struggle for an MMO development team is to listen to the top players - which know their game inside and out and can offer the best balancing suggestions - while at the same time not alienating their main profit source, which tends to be the average publord. 

Sign in to follow this