Sign in to follow this  
mereelskirata

Help me pick a new mouse for CS:GO (and WoT)

32 posts in this topic

Hello. I need a new mouse, pls halp.

So recently my mouse has been acting up. I need a new one. I'll mostly use it for csgo and wot. All I want out of a new mouse it a good sensor (no common issues or built in mouse acceleration), and for it to be light weight as I game on low sensitivity so I lift my mouse a lot (insert Flusha cheating accusation here).

I've been looking at a few Zowie mice (FK2 and EC2-a) and the Fnatic Flick G1. Anyone own any of these who can comment on them? Also any recommendations? I tried my brothers Steelseries Sensei Raw for an hour or so. I like the feel of it, but I've heard that the sensor is flawed and has built in mouse acceleration that cannot be disabled, is there any truth to that?

Also a quick edit: I use 400 and sometimes 800 dpi.

Send halp

I personally use a steelseries sensei raw and there are no flaws with it lmao.

It's nice. It's simple. Not too many buttons to get in the way.

I use a Logitech G403 Hyperion Fury. Fastest tracking on any mouse available (I believe) so if you have a decent monitor and mousepad it should be fine for cs;go. 

Edit: I don't mind the weight but I can see it being a bit heavy (just slightly for cs;go). 

I have an IRL friend who has a Zowie FK1 (which is the second Zowie mouse he has owned, can't remember what the first was) and swears by it. of course, this particular friend is retarded so by now he probably now has the next model despite the fact his current mouse is fine. 

he plays CSGO and BF4 mainly, so its probably a good option for your purposes.

I use a Roccat Kone Pure, it is extremely light and doesn't have any built in acceleration that I know of (and if you are still worried there is an optical version instead of the standard laser) and I love it, however after 2 years of owning it the fact its got a more rubberised surface - which while making it extremely comfortable to hold, does soak sweat and dirt a lot and is difficult to clean. 

Logitech generally make heavy mice and I wouldn't trust anything with a Razor badge further than I could throw it. but I have used my friends Zowie and it does feel nice to touch and use, though its only got 3 DPI settings, which isn't a problem if you use something close to one of those three, but is a problem if you use some weird setting. (though it is the FK1 and not the FK2)

I'm personally really really fond of the logitech G400s. The shaping is really really nice for my hand and it seems pretty lightweight though Im not sure what kind of weight is normally expected among mice.

Just got the Logitech G502, and couldn't recommend it more. Multiple macros, a sniper button, weights that you can put in the bottom, DPI control, a scroll-wheel lock, and "Backwards and Forwards" (not sure the technical terms for these buttons) buttons on the mouse. It is a decent size, and includes the fancy RGB thing that RAZER made popular, sporting over "16 million colors" or some shit.

I play Dota 2, CSGO, WoT and an obscure clicking game called osu! with my mouse, which is probably the most mouse-demanding game ever AFAIK. Now thanks to my experience in using mouse, I can almost instantly tell whether a mouse has acceleration and/or correction just after a few seconds of using.

Protip:

• DPI control is useless, you need to use 1 DPI+sensitivity and only 1. Ever. To build your muscle memory.
  • Mouse acceleration and correction are retarded, any brand promoting them should be perma-ban from your choices.
  • Macro is mostly useless, it's like your keyboard don't have enough button already, also using macro buttons on your mouse will affect your aim and your concentration.

Generally I would recommend DPI 800 on 1080p screen. Also if you are a tryhard you should find a durable mouse to get used to its form and shape. Will help your aiming

I use a Razer DeathAdder extensively, and although their other stuffs are over-priced and probably not among the best, the DA itself is top-tier.

I have used a Zowie, although only for a short duration and it doesn't seem to have any problem. But since I'm accustomed to my DA, the Zowie seems a bit too light.

I got 2 mice; Corsair M60 and Razer Naga Chroma Epic.  I use the M60 for games like WoT and other reaction-focused games and the Naga for games like Witcher 3 or Fallout 4

1 hour ago, Folterknecht said:

My Logitech G100s left-click-switch broke down to unplayable state in three months. Even though you can play wot with almost any mouse, make sure that it really clicks when you press the button. This seems to be a recurring problem according to many user reviews. Otherwise it was a really nice mouse but if it doesn´t work...

I've got the Zowie FK2 and previously came from a Razer NAGA. I'm asking myself why the fuck did I get a Naga in the first place, maybe from the days I played MMORPGs all day long, but the Zowie Fk2 is an fantastic mouse. Will definitely buy my next mouse from them. Really comfy(for me at least), great sensor, I'm using 800dpi as well as I couldn't use 400dpi as I've pretty much played on 1600dpi all the time :serb: . Looks clean and professional. :doge: You don't need any lights on your mouse.

Afaik @X3N4 also owns the Zowie FK2.

EDIT: If it has built-in acceleration from start, I'm positively sure it has acceleration even if you turn it off, must be a laser sensor instead of an optical then, idk, never researched that SS mouse.

EDIT2: I also bought the Zowie FK2 solely for CSGO, and I'd totally recommend it to you as it has no acceleration.

1 hour ago, TohtoriP said:

My Logitech G100s left-click-switch broke down to unplayable state in three months. Even though you can play wot with almost any mouse, make sure that it really clicks when you press the button. This seems to be a recurring problem according to many user reviews. Otherwise it was a really nice mouse but if it doesn´t work...

Same, and I've only had it for a few months. The actuation distance and force on the buttons is way too small and sometimes it doesn't register the click at all. Even brand new the clicks weren't as clicky or as firm as I'd have liked. A shame since otherwise it's a pretty alright mouse

I wanted something super-responsive and customizable without looking like a 12 year olds toy. G500 is perfect, been using it for a couple years now. Comes with weights, toggle-scroll (incremental or free spin), 3 programmable thumb buttons, and one the fly DPI change. You can program 3 different DPI settings and then switch between them with 2 buttons next to MB1. The click is very short and light but also gives very clear feedback. 

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G500-Programmable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002J9GDXI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460468910&sr=8-2&keywords=g500

It's not cheap, but I haven't found anything better.

How do you hold your mouse? (more important then you think)

For myself i got a logitech g303 (i claw grip and tested the G502 and just couldn't get comfy with it, to large).

I'm using a Zowie FK1, can highly recommend it. No bullshit drivers or anything, just a rock solid mouse with a good sensor. Easy to change the DPI and Hz also. Using neither claw nor palm grip, something more like fingertip grip.

I've tried the Logitech G502 Proteus Core, I thought it would be one of those overpriced mice that just look cool but aren't that functional, boy I was wrong.

Probably one of the most comfortable mice I've ever used (but that's not saying much). It fit right in my hand. I have huge hands. My sister always used to say I was born to play Rachmaninoff.

3 hours ago, Gandaran said:

How do you hold your mouse? (more important then you think)

For myself i got a logitech g303 (i claw grip and tested the G502 and just couldn't get comfy with it, to large).

I currently hold my mouse in sort of a claw shape hold, but that's probably because the mouse I currently have (Razer Taipan) is kind of on the smaller side. I did however like the feel of my brother's Steelseries Sensei Raw. However I only used it for one match of csgo.

12 hours ago, EthanDuong said:

• DPI control is useless, you need to use 1 DPI+sensitivity and only 1. Ever. To build your muscle memory.
  • Macro is mostly useless, it's like your keyboard don't have enough button already, also using macro buttons on your mouse will affect your aim and your concentration.

Yeah, I only use 1 dpi setting, which is 400. I only want 1 or 2 side buttons for push to talk.

Does anyone have any experience with the Steelseries Rival 300? I'm currently looking at that and the Zowie FK2 (and maybe the Flick G1, but I haven't heard much about it).

My experience with the Rival hasn't been that great, but half of that is because the grips of older Rivals literally disintegrate after a year or so of use. However, I hear that they completely replaced the grips; all Rival 300s (which is just the original Rival rebranded) have this improvement, so it shouldn't be a problem. Makes me wish I held off on buying mine, because I have no grips at all now.

On the other hand, my MMB is already fucked up to the point where I have to run scripts to stop it from sending several commands every time I press it. Not a great sign there, but MMBs are one of those things that just tend to fuck up regardless of the product.

14 hours ago, EthanDuong said:

snip

I tend to sit at 800 dpi, mainly because when I go to 1600 its just to fast on everything else (and .5 on csgo is weird, I like the 1:1 ratio)

3 hours ago, cpraf104 said:

I've tried the Logitech G502 Proteus Core, I thought it would be one of those overpriced mice that just look cool but aren't that functional, boy I was wrong.

Probably one of the most comfortable mice I've ever used (but that's not saying much). It fit right in my hand. I have huge hands. My sister always used to say I was born to play Rachmaninoff.

problem with the G502 is that if you don't generally put your palm on it its kinda awkward to use, and heavy to move with just your fingers.

5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

My experience with the Rival hasn't been that great, but half of that is because the grips of older Rivals literally disintegrate after a year or so of use. However, I hear that they completely replaced the grips; all Rival 300s (which is just the original Rival rebranded) have this improvement, so it shouldn't be a problem. Makes me wish I held off on buying mine, because I have no grips at all now.

On the other hand, my MMB is already fucked up to the point where I have to run scripts to stop it from sending several commands every time I press it. Not a great sign there, but MMBs are one of those things that just tend to fuck up regardless of the product.

How was the weight of the mouse?