Ectar

[1-UP] BRAEMAR

1,035 posts in this topic

1up 400.png

Clan recruitment details are now finalized. If you're looking to join then you need to tick all these boxes:

• Age 16+ Due to mature content spoken in chat
  • 3k battles minimum
  • 2 non premium tier 8 tanks (If they are arty you better be shit hot at arty)
  • A working microphone so you can talk in Teamspeak/Mumble/Discord etc.
  • Ability to have a laugh, stay chilled and not rage at other players
  • New invites will be on a 1 month probation when you're invited to the clan, mainly to see you're semi active and not a douche.

For NA players who wish to join on their EU accounts, we'll come up with some other guidelines - likely they'll have a special rank so that people know it's a alt/reroll and I'll need proof of your main account. "Ectar" on the NA server is also me so it's easy enough to check the account.

The requirements above are not retroactive, so people in the clan now will not be removed if they don't meet the requirements. I will ask however that they work on getting a mike asap if they don't have one, and work toward their tier 8's if they're not at that level. 

Discord details -  https://discord.gg/55QMnVM

To give a bit of background: 
I left the WG Clan one day to take a screenshot of a tank without a logo, and since then never really got around to re-joining. The difference it made in being targeted by the enemy team who would zone in on the WG tag/logo has been pretty noticeable.  As a result I'm in no hurry to rejoin the WG clan unless absolutely necessary for something work related. I created this clan to stop people sending me random invites all the time. Initially I was going to keep it closed but a few folk have been asking about opening it up and doing something with it, so here we are. 

I've gone with the name Braemar as it's a nice wee village in Scotland and reminds me of home. The logo is my Scottish Mushroom which is my streaming icon. The long term plan is to have Braemar be a multi-game clan/community of sorts where a cool group of people can hang about, talk pish and play games together. The World of Tanks Clan/Guild/Batallion with be the first trial.

"Ok that's all great Ectar, but what's the requirements for joining?"

- They've now been finalized for now and can be found at the top of this post.

Once I have a core group of people we can bounce round some ideas with each other. I'm not sure if I want the clan to be a training style clan or one where people join because they want it to rival others.  Now I'm not pretending we're going to be knocking on the door of FAME/KANZA, but I'd like to hope we can maybe get to that level some day. I appreciate the skill of the unicum players in-game and would like to start getting better myself.

Strongholds, Clan Wars, your name it, if we have enough committed people wanting to give it a shot, I'll put the time in myself also. I already have a TS server available and can expand it as needed.

Things that won't happen however:

• Wargaming inside info
  • Wargaming freebies

This is a personal venture. Whilst I'm using my work account it's also my personal account. If you want to join the clan, I need to be clear that you please don't act like an asshole in-game. I don't want ever to have to deal with someone being racist/nationalist/bigoted of any sort when in-game.  I will not have people dragging the clan name through the mud, not under any circumstances. Past behaviour doesn't matter to me, all I need to know is you've learned from the dumb shit, have moved on and just want to have fun without the drama.

TL:DR - I want to make a clan that people look up to, and are known for having good players who aren't assholes. I'm fine with egos, but the idea is to have a good fun friendly place filled with smack talk and awesome gameplay.  Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Inb4 clan gets filled with NA re-roll refugees.

If people from NA wanted an EU clan to play in, I wouldn't be against it. I just don't want the clan filled 50% with inactive alt accounts.  If NA SEA or even RU players wanted to join on their EU re-roll I'd want them to be at least playing semi regularly.

I would actually be willing to play my EU reroll for this. I'll keep an eye here and see if it picks up a few members.

Edit: I'll be dropping prem time on my EU reroll tomorrow and DL'ing the client tonight. I'll be happy to play with you on the weekends, I'm east coast NA so the time difference isn't awful.

5 minutes ago, SocialFlaws said:

what are your stats requirements

53 minutes ago, Ectar said:

"Ok that's all great Ectar, but what's the requirements for joining?"

Well for now I don't really have any. I'm hoping that some skilled players would like to help shape this diamond in the rough.  Firstly I'd like to have some skilled players who are happy to help out the not so skilled.  One of those not so skilled being me.  I'm looking for a platoon buddy or 2 who is available every Sunday night when I plan to stream World of Tanks.  If past experience has shown me anything most streams are more fun when it's a group playing and when I try to grind on my own I tend to play like tomato.

if I am correct this would mean Ectar is the first and so far only WG employee that is not in a WG clan and is in their own clan, while still being a WG employee?

2 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

if I am correct this would mean Ectar is the first and so far only WG employee that is not in a WG clan and is in their own clan, while still being a WG employee?

If you're correct, it means drawing attention to that is probably a very quick way to make sure it gets shut down really fast....

3 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

If you're correct, it means drawing attention to that is probably a very quick way to make sure it gets shut down really fast....

You can probably do whatever the fuck you want and don't have to join [WG]. :ohnyes:

4 minutes ago, KingYoshiLuca said:

You can probably do whatever the fuck you want and don't have to join [WG]. :ohnyes:

From what I've seen, that's not the case. At least not on NA.

2 hours ago, Shade421 said:

From what I've seen, that's not the case. At least not on NA.

Yep, pretty sure on NA, if you WG signs your paycheck, you're in their clan or else.

5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Multiple staff in EU are either clanless or in a different clan.  It's not a requirement unless we're doing something clan wars related really (and stuff like that is pretty rare). Outside of community for example no one knows the in-game names of people from Customer Support, Marketing, PR etc so it doesn't make sense for everyone to be in the WG clan unless there is a strong reason for it.

In the past we couldn't take part in Clan Wars for example, which means almost no one in WG has any of the tier 10 Clan Wars tanks. :feelsbad: Now the rules have been relaxed a little and we can participate as a regular player if we wanted to, but obvious we need a clan for that.  The WG one has people at all skill levels and whenever that one tries to do Clan Wars stuff, everyone wants to wreck us so it doesn't really go anywhere.

3 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

I also need an excuse to play EU! do we apply via ingame system? or like how?

Uh yeah, and let me know your user name here.