HawkT1

Waffentrager auf panzer iv - Which gun?

67 posts in this topic

ive recently got the waffle 4 and am still using the stock gun, but which gun do i go for and why?

thanks

Run the long 128 on the T9 WT, that combo of full turret plus absolute monster of a gun is irreplacably gud.

Run the 150 on the RHM for #lol750alpha at T6s.

Never played waffles, but i like big derpy guns so i would very likely use 15cm atleast on Borsig. The 15cm doesnt IIRC improve much outside of AP pen on T9 WT and it gets basically buffed JT gun so i wouldnt be so sure anymore.

5 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Never played waffles, but i like big derpy guns so i would very likely use 15cm atleast on Borsig. The 15cm doesnt IIRC improve much outside of AP pen on T9 WT and it gets basically buffed JT gun so i wouldnt be so sure anymore.

The 15cm on the WT4 is a massive improvement over the Borsig.

1. Higher pen
2. MUCH faster shell velocity on both shells
3. A lot faster reload

And the platform itself is much better aswell.

As thing as right now, you can't abuse the dpm of the 12.8 enough to be worth it imo. Longer reload and better alpha = easier to put down. Just shoot heavies in the face.

58 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

RHM:
128 is the better gun
150mm is WAY more fun

also describes the waffle4 IMO.  I run the 150 and probably play way too aggressive for my own good, but 750 alpha + turret + decent mobility is great for derping around.

Just now, Tedster59 said:

also describes the waffle4 IMO.  I run the 150 and probably play way too aggressive for my own good, but 750 alpha + turret + decent mobility is great for derping around.

I found the top 150mm a bit more tricky to use, given the gun design which prevented you from getting elevation when looking over the rear of your tank

6 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I found the top 150mm a bit more tricky to use, given the gun design which prevented you from getting elevation when looking over the rear of your tank

yeah, but on the other hand, you get 5 degrees of gun depression to the front and 10% better HP/T so you are a bit more mobile.

The 128 gives you zero chance of the bullshitium spaced armor on Russian tanks to absorb HEAT rounds since it doesn't use them.

The 128, the difference in alpha isn't *that* much (190), you get godlike 352 pen apcr which autopens everything, great handling, 45 degrees of gun elevation, fast as fuck reload, and a longer barrel than Serb's e-peen. The 150's fun but it lacks the sheer reliability and consistency of the 128.

18 minutes ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Due to the range you will fight your engagements, the 128 is undeniably a better gun.

Like every map where you fight at less than 100m these days?

I just prefer the 15cm more, got triple MOE on the WT4 with the 15cm aswell. I have tried the 12.8 a few times but just can't make it work, you have to shoot too often and can't even consider trading.

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

And the other you get God-Like APCR and SerB lazer beams guidance system

But...doesnt it apply only on Soviet tanks?

OP: it's definitely personal preference, but the assumption is that if you liked the 128mm more on the Borsig, get the long 128.  If you liked the 150mm, get the 150mm.

Me, personally, i did a lot better with the 150mm on the Borsig than the 128, so if I ever buy the WT4 I'll go for the 150.

I have been playing the WT4 for a few games and now I remember why I don't anymore: Sky cancer...

You play aggressive = you get oneshot
You camp = you contribute nothing and lose or win with 1000 damage

I prefer the long 128. Just like @flare_phoenix said. Better accuracy .32 vs .36, better pen 276 vs 235, APCR for gold round with 352 pen vs HEAT 334, better aim time 2.01 vs 2.4. Shell velocity is faster. Just a better gun overall compared to the 150. What you are trading for the 150 is alpha and the LOLs. You could argue that the meta is corridors and the 150 is better for turning a corner and blapping them for 750 vs 560. 

I would try both tho.

Imo the 128 is just objectively better. You gain 190 alpha, but for what price?

300 less dpm, significantly worse aim time, accuracy and dispersion, half the shell velocity, yes, HALF, terrible AP pen, HEAT as gold shell. With 235 AP pen you have to fire a ton of HEAT to pen reliably which has a shell velocity of 600m/s. Also the depression/elevation profile gets more awkward, the depression is 5° except to the front but the elevation is literally 0 in the back 90° making it more awkward to drive out backwards.