Patient0

Short and Sweet Pro Tips

81 posts in this topic

Post some lesser known tips here.

Horizontal Stabilization can be enabled without having to turn on dynamic camera along with it.

1 hour ago, Patient0 said:

Post some lesser known tips here.

Horizontal Stabilization can be enabled without having to turn on dynamic camera along with it.

what is dynamic camera, what does it do?

The dynamic camera causes the screen shakes when firing, moving, and ammo rack exploding. Turning it off disables the any kind of unwanted screen shakes which, in my opinion, removes distractions.

According to @CarbonWard dynamic camera is supposed to stabilize your gun from moving up and down when going over small bumps and shit, horizontal naturally stabilizes the gun horizontally.  

The negative however is this bullshit camera shaking that I wish WG would remove.

My pro tip.  Don't be cheap, use large kits.  Arty will fuck you, RNG will fuck you, counter RNG with big kits so you don't play the rest of the match a gimped tank.

43 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

My pro tip.  Don't be cheap, use large kits.  Arty will fuck you, RNG will fuck you, counter RNG with big kits so you don't play the rest of the match a gimped tank.

Counter pen rng with apcr/heat. always have a good amount for carry situations or when you just want to make people salty.

Running food will allow you to out DPM other tanks of your same model, train Jack of All Trades and drop medkit, or just man up and ditch the fire extinguishers and bleed credits for days.

Sometimes, take a hit for that tomato to keep him alive. Yes, even in pubs. It doesn't happen too often but it'll save your ass when the situation is right. And you feels gud about it too when they say thank you. =D

When in doubt, create space between you and the enemy. Keeping a relatively safe distance allows you to focus on one angle rather than multiple angles.

The method by which the best players perform so well is by constant observation of the progression of the battle and as ideal positioning in response as possible. As the front is allowed to advance or recede, you complement it, exploiting the critical positions. 

No matter what you do, you will not stop making mistakes, but as you become more experienced the frequency with which they occur decreases. Things become much easier when you accept that you will never be perfect, and settle with forever approaching it.

One thing that helped me alot is when dog fighting or basicly any mid to close range brawling shoot from third person as much as you can. Helps ALOT with situational awerness. (Plus you get to see where the closest pubby that can take the hit for you is :P)

OOOOOOO Pro tip number 2

DON'T BE THAT FUCKING CUCK THAT SNIPES IN HIS FUCKING 1390 FROM 500 METERS WITH AP IN AN ATTEMPT TO FARM DAMAGE FOR WN8!!!! SPOT FOR YOUR FUCKING SHITTERS SO THEY SHOOT SHIT!!!!!

That has to be the number 1 thing that irritates me about greens in light tanks.  Quit being fail padders, play like the Jingles and QB god you idolize and spot shit if you're in a fucking light tank, do damage when you can but learn when to prioritize doing damage over spotting shit.

/rant

7 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

OOOOOOO Pro tip number 2

DON'T BE THAT FUCKING CUCK THAT SNIPES IN HIS FUCKING 1390 FROM 500 METERS WITH AP IN AN ATTEMPT TO FARM DAMAGE FOR WN8!!!! SPOT FOR YOUR FUCKING SHITTERS SO THEY SHOOT SHIT!!!!!

That has to be the number 1 thing that irritates me about greens in light tanks.  Quit being fail padders, play like the Jingles and QB god you idolize and spot shit if you're in a fucking light tank, do damage when you can but learn when to prioritize doing damage over spotting shit.

/rant

Lolwut 13 90 has AP shells? Kappa

Switch to full gold the second you are ammoracked without a rep kit, you need to hit and pen your shots now that your DPM is literally half

THERE IS NO SHAME IN RUNNING AWAY

full FOV helps you run vanilla while still being somewhat able to ser around corners

oneshot means redlining

will post more

On that note, you can click on the ammunition types in the Vehicle Service page and remap gold rounds to "1".

16 minutes ago, X3N4 said:

The sentence is complete like that.

Mouse wheel zoom>Shift zoom.

Still no clue why wheel zoom is better, tho.

59 minutes ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

Imo its better cuz it sucks when youre close to enemy and zoom too much. You lose all perspectice in that moment which sucks

Why would you do that? Use 3rd person 

6 minutes ago, Lowlife555 said:

Why would you do that? Use 3rd person 

I do use 3rd whenever i can. I was just saying that for me scroll is better cuz you dont have to go "all the way in". You can zoom just enough to feel comfortable to hit and still have as much view of my surrounding. But hey its just my opinion and there are alot of much better players than me here ;)

1 hour ago, X3N4 said:

Mouse wheel zoom>Shift zoom.

Even more so when 9.15 hits and you can have x25 zoom. You can actually unbind the shift-key from the settings as well. Nothing is more distracting than having a close brawl and having forgot to change the zoom from x25. That shit is so confusing to my brain.....

That being said, I've played combined (10k NA, 5k EU) 15k battles with shift, we'll see if I ever change my ways.

My "pro" tip:

Don't use XVM, treat every opponent like they are equally dangerous. Sometimes tomatoes pull stuff you didnt expect them to, resulting in you losing HP or the whole tank. Especially win chance on the XVM is cancer, pubbies throw games just cos mod tells them there's no hope.

58 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Even more so when 9.15 hits and you can have x25 zoom. You can actually unbind the shift-key from the settings as well. Nothing is more distracting than having a close brawl and having forgot to change the zoom from x25. That shit is so confusing to my brain.....

That being said, I've played combined (10k NA, 5k EU) 15k battles with shift, we'll see if I ever change my ways.

PaTuYfq.jpg

That's the good news.