Panzer_Fenris

Swedish tanks

240 posts in this topic

Official tech three is up:

qT5UsE0.jpg

sweden-s01_strv_74_a2_1.jpg?w=656

Edit: New link, more pics and a video, stats are gone.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/05/20/strv-m42-57-alt-a-2-video-and-pictures/

Indigenous, early WW2 hull with AMX-13 turret on top. 3-round autoloader. Pretty garbage stats according to the Tank Inspector screenshot that was in the original post.

I would have guessed this to be the regular premium vehicle that is always released before a new nation, but the choice of two guns seems to contradict that. I really hope this was not selected as a regular tier 6 with the other options that are available.

Edited by Panzer_Fenris
Added tree

What? Never heard about that before, and the link is down, so.....?

Fin mink forresten ;) Esk 3 eller Pbn ?

Article was deleted. Added a new one, sadly without the stats this time.
There's been some push for Swedish tanks for a couple years, and they actually have enough mostly original designs to make a pretty complete tree. It's the business-case for it that have been missing however.

PBN, Esk 6. Vognfører på bergepanser. "Go tjænest".:)

Do they have enoug designs for a complete tree, or just a single line?

Stridsvagn 103 på tier 10 hade varit nice!

5 minutes ago, Zywrek said:

Do they have enoug designs for a complete tree, or just a single line?

Stridsvagn 103 på tier 10 hade varit nice!

Complete tree. Heavy, medium, light, two TD-lines and arty.

y41s6PQ.jpg

Source: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/28/european-tree-part-iv-sweden/

This is also an older proposal, other alternatives have come up since then and your best bet for keeping up to date with sp15's drive to have it become reality can be found here: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/284927-european-tank-discussion/#top

Realistically, I don't think we'll get more than one, maximum two lines. Market isn't very big, and a lot of Italians/Poles/other countries will start complaining if a full Swedish tree comes before their hacked-up trees of clones.

44 minutes ago, Panzer_Fenris said:

Complete tree. Heavy, medium, light, two TD-lines and arty.

y41s6PQ.jpg

Source: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/28/european-tree-part-iv-sweden/

This is also an older proposal, other alternatives have come up since then and your best bet for keeping up to date with sp15's drive to have it become reality can be found here: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/284927-european-tank-discussion/#top

Realistically, I don't think we'll get more than one, maximum two lines. Market isn't very big, and a lot of Italians/Poles/other countries will start complaining if a full Swedish tree comes before their hacked-up trees of clones.

I just want EMILs and Kranvagn, AKA Swedish AMX 50s :feelsbad:

Really, they are just 3 tanks, they really should put them along with mediums at release of tree, just like with Chinese tanks.

23 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

and still no Italian tanks... what does WG have against Italy?

Nothing. The fact some nation was notable in WW2 or something doesnt mean that it should be instant priority to get tree, unless we talk about obvious stuff like Germany, USSR etc. Let me explain:

Czechoslovakia: big playerbase AND enough somewhat unique tanks for 1 line 

Poland: big playerbase but lots of clones

Sweden: small playerbase but LOTS of unique designs for branches of all types (expect heavies are China-esque minibranch, from tier 8, but still)

Italy: both small playerbase AND lots of clones

Czechoslovakia is first of these "minor" nations (although China is sorta like one too, it was made mostly so WoT would be more succesful in China). It was chosen first because it has somewhat large playerbase, and enough candidates for atleast 1 tank line that doesnt have too many clones. Lowtier are sort of clones, but they are actually originally Czechs so German ones in the game are actually clones if anything. Poland has even bigger playerbase than Czech, but the problem is that they lack their unique tanks, especially for high tiers. Still, Poland's playerbase is so big that WG wants to implement Polish tree, a way or another. Sweden is mirror of Poland: it has small playerbase, however, it also has lots of very interesting tank designs that would be shame to be left out. Then comes Italy. Italy doesnt have particurarly big playerbase (bigger than Sweden, but still not as big as CZ/SVK or Poland), but it also has same problem as Poland: they lack unique designs. Or lets be more specific, they do have actually quite lots of unique designs, the problem is just that they are tier 6 material at maximum. At tier 7, they would have Panthers, Pershings and Patton, not even really modificated ones, just full clones of Panthers, Pershings and Pattons. And at tier 10 they would have just a Leopard 1 with autoloader, which tbh doesnt sound like it would have something special that TVP, 50B or Batchat doesnt have. The Czech and China is better because clones at low tiers + not full clones at high tiers > unique low tiers and clone high tiers, since +95% cares more about unique tier 9-10 than unique tier 1 - 5.

Thats why Italy doenst have that high priority, but its actually considered to added, maybe even next year.

About time, I hope in fall new French heavy line and around christmas Swedish tanks.

This summer global rebalance (lets hope WG goes full retard) and the game should be a bit better again...

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Nothing. The fact some nation was notable in WW2 or something doesnt mean that it should be instant priority to get tree, unless we talk about obvious stuff like Germany, USSR etc. Let me explain:

Czechoslovakia: big playerbase AND enough somewhat unique tanks for 1 line 

Poland: big playerbase but lots of clones

Sweden: small playerbase but LOTS of unique designs for branches of all types (expect heavies are China-esque minibranch, from tier 8, but still)

Italy: both small playerbase AND lots of clones

Czechoslovakia is first of these "minor" nations (although China is sorta like one too, it was made mostly so WoT would be more succesful in China). It was chosen first because it has somewhat large playerbase, and enough candidates for atleast 1 tank line that doesnt have too many clones. Lowtier are sort of clones, but they are actually originally Czechs so German ones in the game are actually clones if anything. Poland has even bigger playerbase than Czech, but the problem is that they lack their unique tanks, especially for high tiers. Still, Poland's playerbase is so big that WG wants to implement Polish tree, a way or another. Sweden is mirror of Poland: it has small playerbase, however, it also has lots of very interesting tank designs that would be shame to be left out. Then comes Italy. Italy doesnt have particurarly big playerbase (bigger than Sweden, but still not as big as CZ/SVK or Poland), but it also has same problem as Poland: they lack unique designs. Or lets be more specific, they do have actually quite lots of unique designs, the problem is just that they are tier 6 material at maximum. At tier 7, they would have Panthers, Pershings and Patton, not even really modificated ones, just full clones of Panthers, Pershings and Pattons. And at tier 10 they would have just a Leopard 1 with autoloader, which tbh doesnt sound like it would have something special that TVP, 50B or Batchat doesnt have. The Czech and China is better because clones at low tiers + not full clones at high tiers > unique low tiers and clone high tiers, since +95% cares more about unique tier 9-10 than unique tier 1 - 5.

Thats why Italy doenst have that high priority, but its actually considered to added, maybe even next year.

Yeah, I get it but I don't like it.  I don't see WG having a problem with adding in more clones to the game.  There are tons of clones all over the place already and they keep pumping out more premium clones everyday: AMX 13-57, M4A1 Revalorisé, Patton KR, M41 GF, etc., etc.  What's a few more?  And while Italy may not have a big playerbase (I really have no idea), there are lots of WW2 fans that would probably love to try out the tanks that Italy produced for the war. 

21 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

Yeah, I get it but I don't like it.  I don't see WG having a problem with adding in more clones to the game.  There are tons of clones all over the place already and they keep pumping out more premium clones everyday: AMX 13-57, M4A1 Revalorisé, Patton KR, M41 GF, etc., etc.  What's a few more?  And while Italy may not have a big playerbase (I really have no idea), there are lots of WW2 fans that would probably love to try out the tanks that Italy produced for the war. 

premium tanks are different thing. Recent "rare" premium tanks are often like some kind of "promo" (such as m46 KR) or are tanks originated from other country and then with changes made (such as blackdog). "regular" prem are often more a unique ones that doesnt quite enough fit the regular branch, or they can be classic clone but with something ridiculous (ravioli isnt really clone of M4 since its so different overall, its 3 tiers higher).

The difference with prems and line is pretty big. WG learned from Chinese tech tree that clone trees are not popular and probably not worth it (Chinese tree was made to get better sales on China, if WG wasnt interested about marketing the game in China there would be good chance that we wouldnt have Chinese tech tree). Contrary to China, Italy has unique lowtiers but unoriginal hightiers. The thing is, most people care about higher tiers more, so other than yea we have Italian tanks now, they are probably waste of development time. The same could be said about PL tech tree, though, even if playerbase is big.

I do agree though that Italians should appear atleast on some point in the game.

As a polish person I want to say fuck polish people who complain about there being more Sweedish and Czech tanks. We were relatively modern in terms of our army pre WW2 but after 39 we didn't come up with almost anything interesting so why would we want our own tree? 

4 hours ago, lt_lolcat said:

and still no Italian tanks... what does WG have against Italy?

TBH from Italian tree I'd only want the rumor of tier 10 M47 Patton. That'd be pretty fucking awesome. Other than that, I don't think Italy had any useful tanks that were their own designs.

Here are its softstats:

strv_tth.jpg

Basicly a Skoda T25 that trades gunhandeling, DPM, acceleration and topspeed for higher penetration and clipdamage (450 damage in 4 seconds is pretty good for tier 6 actually, but overall it is just a shittier skoda)

Sweden did consider buying AMX-13s at some point (fucking everyone did), so I guess somebody in the Swedish army might have thought of this. :shrug:

Whatever, probably going to buy it and stick a girl crew in it because emot-sweden.gif

At least I hope this is the premium, I would assume the Strv 74 would be the tier 6 tech tree medium.

20 hours ago, Panzer_Fenris said:

PBN, Esk 6. Vognfører på bergepanser. "Go tjænest".:)

Esk 3 her, pinlig å blande mink og ulv, men det er jo 20 år siden. Gode tider ja :)

15 hours ago, Cunicularius said:

Will I be able to put Swedish on my tank?

7Dmf9yO.jpg

Defeat them with your progressiveness and inclusion, Captain Swedenstan! Kappa

" – Swedish line of tanks will appear before the Poles – the line is almost ready with the tanks. Most likely it will have 2 lines of machines: medium and heavy. "

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/05/22/minsk-insider-info/

Also, the AMX-turreted M/42 is appearantly the pre-tree premium. The two guns are for testing purposes.

12 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

If we can have new line without autoloaders that'd be great.

Agreed, but unlikely. The heavies are all autoloaders, and so are a couple of the possible meds and TD's.
You could probably balance them as "assisted-loading" tanks, like the IS-3A, but WG loves to milk new lines, and a slightly OP autoloader at the top of a tree brings shiny, clinky coin...

The Strv103 also has an autoloader, but there I would expect continious fire and the highest RoF in the game for a 105 mm.

Edit:
Also, pray the never get an arty-line. Half of them are auto-loaders, and it would probably end in the Bandkanon 1 at tier 10, regarded as one of the most powerful self-propelled artillery pieces during the Cold War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrYFUokLMmk&feature=youtu.be&t=2m20s

Hi all,

I did a lot of work with Sp15 (FTR Swedish writer and the guy with the European tech tree post) on the Swedish tree. I can point to likely tiers and stats for tanks, and confirm that if a tank has a turret in the Swedish tech tree it should have -12 or more depression. (No turret = -10 to -20(!) range)

I can't talk to you about some stuff, but if you do have questions about the lines I have very good ideas of what tanks will be chosen and how they could probably play. 

It should be noted that somebody compared the Kranvagn to a  50b with -12 depression. It probably will not have the speed of 50b, and likely will have less hull armor for more turret armor.  

*Also. God. No BKan 1. We really do not want 14x155mm shells in 45 seconds with a 3 minute clip reload raining down on us. 

Strv 103 with a historical RoF (If they do go there, most mediums actually fire faster than IRL) would also be frightening even with 0 gun traverse. 390 Alpha with Better_Than_Clone_105mm pen and velocity with a 4 second reload and no clip.  (5.85k DPM)