Sign in to follow this  
FlorbFnarb

B2 sealclubbing

32 posts in this topic

Just aced this thing the second match in.  Load about 30% gold and just destroy people.  First match almost nothing bounced off my armor, but luckily teammates came back at end.  Second match something like 30 non-pens, got an ace, 5 kills and a high caliber.  Ridiculous little tank.  Shoot almost all APCR and you still make a profit.

Two tanks to watch out for are the Russian Valentine 2 and British Matilda.

Valentine can very easily bounce your APCR and if he loads APCR (which he most certainly will) he will butter your turret if he knows what he is doing. The Matilda has armour and a gun that essentially says "Fuck you", if you see one, fight it when it's distracted to hit the flat armour.

Other than that, this tank destroys the tier 4 meta, such TBH was pretty fucked anyway.

20 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

You get a new asshole every time you see tier 4 TD and Matilda.

Also this. If you want to sealclub, there's the Matilda, which doesn't require throwing money at the game. Yes, the Matilda sees tier 6, but what can you do against tier 5s in a B2? An O-I Exp, a KV-1 or one of the ubiquitous derp mediums will treat you as an HP pinata. It's no different from playing a Matilda in a tier 6 game.

this tank was utterly retarded when i played it on last years rentals, i ended up with 780ish avg dpg and 83% wr

3 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

B2 only sees tier 4s. The B1 (French non-premium) sees limited MM (max tier 5).

Well, if playing only shit tier is worth your money, so be it :D

B2 certainly is a good seal clubber. I just now prefer the T28-F30 which, in my opinion, is a fantastic B2 killer and great tank overall.

42 minutes ago, Razavn said:

B2 certainly is a good seal clubber. I just now prefer the T28-F30 which, in my opinion, is a fantastic B2 killer and great tank overall.

Yeah there are a few tanks better at t4 but none see t4 only. 10% of the tanks you meet can pen you with a good angle and most of the ones that can have either less hp or less dpm (usually both). 

If you wanted to statpad it's the 2nd best tank after PZ II J. Just get a 100% crew, proper equipment and 50% sprem. 

A big factor is the fact that is really is seal-clubbing, and a combination of workable mobility and good frontal armor means that it bullies a lot of tanks.  Are there other Tir 4 or even Tier 3 tanks that can wreck it if driven by good players?  Yes, absolutely .  I can take a Tier 3 Chinese Chi-Ha with the top gun and zap Tier 5 heavies...but that doesn't change the fact that you're gonna be facing a bunch of players that are either very new, very bad, or both.

Super-pref MM is a hell of a thing.

17 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Load about 30% gold and just destroy people.

50%

14 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

It was ten dollars, guys.

It was free. for me.

also, T40 has enough alpha/hp on M1a1 to just out dmp you, or leave you at 50 hp. Su 85 B are more fragile and less HP, but can put 2 shots in you for sure, leaving you with 50-80 hp and thus anable to carry in most times...

HETZ are pain in the ass to penn,. even unangled lfp can bounce 30% gold shells....i hate them with 75 mm gun more, since every shot is a penn, with 2x your alpha nar way better dpm, or derp with HEAT, since you are very lucky to bounce it. If they spam 105 mm HE, just angle and take 150 dmg while you dpm them down...have enough hp to live through 2 shots and finish them. of course, you will not know what they loaded before they hit you...

Sometimes you laugh when you bounce AP! very important to angle well, since idiots shoot it a lot, and 64 mm Ap goes through your 45 mm unangled weakspot easily.

Luchs that know what he is doing can wreck you. I suggest overangling and wiggling all the time. If he loads APCR clip close range, there you go...often in flames.

Also, Arty just wrecks you if it hits at engine deck. German 150 mm one is the worst, also russian 122 mm, both high arc and alpha.

I carry heavy spall liner to help against 75 mm derps, they do 30-40 dmg a pop very fast, spall just gives them 0 dmg shots. It helps against crew injuries, too...since the commander is a gunner, it is worth it, and good players shoot the turret you can not angle.

Eq is vent, spall and Opt. 420 WR and a 4 skill tiger/E100 crew. Just spam AP on soft targets at distance, one of 3 shells even hit.

It rams very good.

4 hours ago, Felicius said:

50%

It was free. for me.

also, T40 has enough alpha/hp on M1a1 to just out dmp you, or leave you at 50 hp. Su 85 B are more fragile and less HP, but can put 2 shots in you for sure, leaving you with 50-80 hp and thus anable to carry in most times...

HETZ are pain in the ass to penn,. even unangled lfp can bounce 30% gold shells....i hate them with 75 mm gun more, since every shot is a penn, with 2x your alpha nar way better dpm, or derp with HEAT, since you are very lucky to bounce it. If they spam 105 mm HE, just angle and take 150 dmg while you dpm them down...have enough hp to live through 2 shots and finish them. of course, you will not know what they loaded before they hit you...

Sometimes you laugh when you bounce AP! very important to angle well, since idiots shoot it a lot, and 64 mm Ap goes through your 45 mm unangled weakspot easily.

Luchs that know what he is doing can wreck you. I suggest overangling and wiggling all the time. If he loads APCR clip close range, there you go...often in flames.

Also, Arty just wrecks you if it hits at engine deck. German 150 mm one is the worst, also russian 122 mm, both high arc and alpha.

I carry heavy spall liner to help against 75 mm derps, they do 30-40 dmg a pop very fast, spall just gives them 0 dmg shots. It helps against crew injuries, too...since the commander is a gunner, it is worth it, and good players shoot the turret you can not angle.

Eq is vent, spall and Opt. 420 WR and a 4 skill tiger/E100 crew. Just spam AP on soft targets at distance, one of 3 shells even hit.

It rams very good.

Yeah, the Hetzer and T40 are two tanks I always keep an eye out for.

On 29/5/2016 at 4:05 PM, FlorbFnarb said:

Load about 30% gold and just destroy people. 

10 AP, 102 APCR, that's how I used to play the B2.

8 minutes ago, Torenico said:

10 AP, 102 APCR, that's how I used to play the B2.

lol

Probably more than necessary, but it's doable.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when there are no Matildas or Hetzers on the enemy team.

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=241852

6 kills, over 2k damage, over 2k damage blocked, and a Kolobanovs.  :awyeah:

The last sale really changed the meta for that tier. The B2 used to be relatively rare and most were running solo, but now it seems that everyone and their dog has one. Every tier 4 game has a CIA B2 platoon on the other side, and the entertainment value of taking the B2 out to grab daily doubles is largely gone when the other team is packed full of them (and MM gave me a Type 91 as "balance").

(I'm considering retraining one of my USSR crews and seeing if the Valentine II can be made to work as a dedicated B2 killer on the weekends. The T-127 doesn't have the hit points to trade shots, and the DW2 and B1 don't see tier 4 often enough to be worthwhile.)

The Valentine II is a joke in general, but against a B2 it's not even a funny one. You have to hit weak points with gold while their auto aim pens you 50/50 or better. As long as they stay in motion you have zero chance against one. The only way to really piss in CIA's cheerios is either your own B2 or normal 4s in a tier 4 game, everything else is just fodder.

Anything under regular tier 4 is a giant shitfest these days, at 2 it's shitter clubbers using T2 Lights and auto cannons dumping literally 30-70k worth of credits per game spamming APCR and with 2-4 skill crews. Pz I C's also ruin entire games at 2, as do T-127s. Then at 3 you see rivers of 5s, while sheltered 3s see piles of Pz B2s and Matildas that make even the T-127 look like a joke.

Personally I like the B2 but it's friggin' exhausting to play, you end up having the carry the shit out of every game against other B2s, Hetzers, and Matildas. Other tanks have the good manners to just let you just die and go back to garage already rather than giving you the chance to frantically salvage any disaster.

Sign in to follow this