ChaosGod

Why is the E5 consider op?

63 posts in this topic

I bring this up curiously as to why people think the T110E5 is considered op? As a semi shit player I have never found it hard to ever pen a E5. Lower plate is butter and if their hull down you just shoot the cupola (with a gold round if necessary)  Prior to the buff people always use to laugh at the E5 as it was a auto pen due to the cupola being so weak. The E5 is classified as a heavy and it got a armor buff to compete with other heavys. Found some old fourm post saying it use to be as easy to pen as the 50b and T57 heavy. I can understand the gun handling is nice compared to other heavys. Being atm a pretty crappy player, I don't struggle  at all to kill a E5. I would much rather shoot a E5 then a IS-7 any day. So curious as to why its so overhyped about being op and why people want it nerf if its now competing with other heavys as well... a heavy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChaosGod said:

I bring this up curiously as to why people think the T110E5 is considered op? As a semi shit player I have never found it hard to ever pen a E5. Lower plate is butter and if their hull down you just shoot the cupola (with a gold round if necessary)  Prior to the buff people always use to laugh at the E5 as it was a auto pen due to the cupola being so weak. The E5 is classified as a heavy and it got a armor buff to compete with other heavys. Found some old fourm post saying it use to be as easy to pen as the 50b and T57 heavy. I can understand the gun handling is nice compared to other heavys. Being atm a pretty crappy player, I don't struggle  at all to kill a E5. I would much rather shoot a E5 then a IS-7 any day. So curious as to why its so overhyped about being op and why people want it nerf if its now competing with other heavys as well... a heavy? 

It was never as easy to pen as the 50b or t57. Sorry but that's a blantant lie. Yes the e5 had a weak lower plate and a cupola that was easily pennable but every heavy tank not in the japanese line has a weakness you can shoot easily.

 

Now why is it op? Look at the performance stats. It overperforms for most players by a lot. While I don't find quickybaby to be a good source you should see his video when he tried to bounce max in his e5. He played like an idiot and bounced a lot.

 

As for it still being weakly armored. It's not true. The cupola is not only strong against standard round but also off center and rounded so it's easy to force a miss or a bounce even against premium ammo. The LFP is weakish but it produces way more freak bounces than any other heavy LFP at t10. 

Add to that a tank that has decent mobility, good dpm, decent gun dep and good gun soft stats and you have a tank that has to expose itself much less than other more derpy heavies. 

Good armor + low exposure and you won't be able to pen it. If you were then you were playing against really bad players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Dank stronk frontal armour
  • Great accuracy
  • Great DPM
  • Great HEAT shell (decent standard pen too)
  • Machine gun port on top of cupola is completely troll as not a weakpoint... only the band at the bottom is - can be used to kite shots
  • Great gun depression
  • Mobile
  • Looks the nuts (we all know dem looks adds to the OP-ness of a vehicle)
  • troll lower plate (have to aim at corners for pen, middle can be troll)

Due to the above it's very possible to carry games on those American tracks

 

Biggest weakness are lucky clickers tbh... very easy to lose a LOT of HP from a lucky arty hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ No it doesn't, go look a the WR curve. You need to be like 54-55% overall WR to get a WR boost from the E5. 

Statistically it's very strong, but no stronger than the other powerful tier 10s. That doesn't make it OP. 

The cupola just makes it an actually strong hull down heavy, as opposed to having the cupola lolpenned by snap shoting tier 8s.

I'd be fine with it getting a slight DPM or mobility nerf, but that's about it, plus that should be in line with nerfs to tanks like the 140/62a and TVP as well.

If they change the cupola back it'll go back to being a shitty heavy again that might as well have no armour.  All those US cupolas are stupid and ruin any value of the tank's armour because you can rarely hide it and they are so easy to pen. 

They either should go from all those US turrets to be replaced by much smaller ones (like E75 size) or they should all get E5 treatment IMO. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol you can just herpderp yolo people in the face with E5 and you'll come out on top 99/100 if you're a decent player if they can't get on your sides

i for one literally went super aggressive, held that spot, dealt 4k damage before arty rekt me or kept raping their team.. it's probably the only tank i got 3MoE on (before buff though) while not having to do any real thinking

 

tank was fine before buff anyway, maybe cupola could've gotten a buff but now EVERYTHING on it is just so strong now.. why play an IS-7 when you can E5 hulldown with more gun depression, better DPM and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better gun handling? you trade that for the odd cupola pen which are rare when you're fully depressed anyway

 

 

when you say no trouble penning it, it's either because you're playing TDs or your own awareness not making it seem like you bounce it.. but you do.

330 pen heat on the LFP on an E5 will bounce on flat ground more often than you'd think, and the cupola even more so. the LFP is weaker than the cupola but when a tank can depress that much, with that kind of armour and gun the cupola needs to be weaker. it has too much staying power because of all the perks.. people whined about T18 in tier 2 being OP but this is literally the same tank just with a turret and 8 tiers higher

it has all the perks of what you'd want out of a good tank but absolutely no drawbacks

 

 

hell, even side turret and tracks are trolly as hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience even this past week have been pretty easy pens on the E5. I think its more their either not hull down (inside a city) = free shots on the butter low plate or if they try to hull down just shot gold at the cupola. I don't see many tanks do the forward backward wiggle though so it makes aiming rather easy. Playing in the M103 I learn just how shit the lower plate was so i think its partly from experience as well knowing just how crappy the plate is and how easily to pen it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChaosGod said:

My experience even this past week have been pretty easy pens on the E5. I think its more their either not hull down (inside a city) = free shots on the butter low plate or if they try to hull down just shot gold at the cupola. I don't see many tanks do the forward backward wiggle though so it makes aiming rather easy. Playing in the M103 I learn just how shit the lower plate was so i think its partly from experience as well knowing just how crappy the plate is and how easily to pen it. 

City still allows you to hull down as you can hide your lfp behind wrecks and rubble.

Also the argument of I can just load gold or shoot the LFP would also makes e100 look weakly armored. Hell with gold they are easier to hit if they want to shoot you than an e5 since instead of a tiny cupola and a trolly lfp you have a huge, flat LFP and a gigantic turret face.

Using your argument there are no armored tanks in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course you can pen E5. Noone said its unpennable. However you cant reliably snap it, you have to aim and you will still bounce if you get low rng pen roll even with the prem ammo. So basicly ita armour is reeeeally good at reducing oponents dpm by alot. And frankly thats what armour is there for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The E5 is like a 50M custom tailored for the brawl meta. A 330mm+ turret face, tons of extra armor plastered onto the LFP & UFP, more frontal gun dep, better HEAT, and weird angles everywhere in trade for 25kph of top speed and some accuracy. It takes longer to get to the fight than a 50M, but once it's there its superior in virtually every way. It's not even like the 50M is a bad tank in brawls, it's actually really good.

The thin sides make me pretty sure that most players can't really play it well, but it's overpowered in most good players' hands. A lot of good players don't like seeing pubbies in E5s either - if they don't overextend and you're forced to fight them frontally, penning them becomes a complete crapshoot where your pen and reticle control often lose to the monster that is 25% RNG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like what happens when a tank with Armored Warfare style weakspots gets into WoT.

SipooR8.png

Like this is pretty much all the area your enemy get to shoot at. While even the best guns in the game will struggle to have hit it reliably since you are pretty mobile as a heavy and gets -8 gun depression?

Plus all the gun handling, HEAT, DPM stuff and you get a pretty dank OP tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP - By easy to pen do you mean you pen it from time to time or are you confident that when you meet one in a 1vs1 situation you will kill him easily? 

Also how long will that take and will fighting a less skilled player take you out of the game so long the rest of the enemy team will kill your pubbies and you will be left in a 1vs5 situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the only OP thing about it is its flexebility. If you are a bad player you wont obtain much from it. That is way unicums play it better simply because they are better and beacause they prefer tanks that can flex around the map.

The true strengh of this tank is that it can take advantage of its opponent weaknesses rather than having a real strengh. If you compare it, lets say, to a tank like an E100, you will see that the E100's strenghs are a combo of alpha, hp and armor. The E5 nothing outstaning over other tanks it is simply the beast jack of all trades and a true master of none.

Also there are situations that an E5 should avoid, where it can be wrecked by another tank: an example of such is an E5 vs an E100; if the E100 is able to trade 1 on 1 it wins flat out.

Same goes vs a med that can take advantage of its dpm.

I will repeat my self by saying that it still requires you ability to play, and if you do have it, it is probibaly one of the most (if not the most) rewarding tank. It does not drive itself although

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Megrin said:

It's like what happens when a tank with Armored Warfare style weakspots gets into WoT.

SipooR8.png

Like this is pretty much all the area your enemy get to shoot at. While even the best guns in the game will struggle to have hit it reliably since you are pretty mobile as a heavy and gets -8 gun depression?

Plus all the gun handling, HEAT, DPM stuff and you get a pretty dank OP tank.

That comparison with AW is pretty bad tbh. AW weakspots are really small, but they get penned reliably when hit and tanks are much more accurate. The E5 is just plain troll bullshit, it's pure RNG whether you pen it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

Of course you can pen E5. Noone said its unpennable. However you cant reliably snap it, you have to aim and you will still bounce if you get low rng pen roll even with the prem ammo. So basicly ita armour is reeeeally good at reducing oponents dpm by alot. And frankly thats what armour is there for.

No Heavy tank should be 'snapable' from the front if they are used well.

From what I've found any decent gun handling tier 10 med - E50M. Russians etc. will just snap shot the cupola with HEAT over and over anyway. It's funny but a E5 having a hull down HEAT snap contest against T-62A or 140 will probably lose, but people still claim its OP. 

that's the basic change, before anything with like 180 pen could just snap shot the cupola over and over, now if you want to reliably do that you have to use 280 plus pen rounds, that's about it.

LFP is piss easy to pen even with most tier 8s, especially as most E5s show you the rounded side of it where you'll ammo rack them and pen, often you can pen, ammo rack damage and track E5s.

Personally I've always felt the E5 whine has a lot of basis from players who used to easily roll them over in tier 10 meds and now the E5 can bully them more. 

Which I don't feel is a bad thing, especially in light of the obvious Soviet med dominance, it's the only tank I use that I feel actually threatens the Soviet meds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are talking about retard in the e5 vs normal med player in the close range combat. And yeah, in that scenario you are right. Try doing that from 150-100m and let me know how is your 62a doing dpm wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

From what I've found any decent gun handling tier 10 med - E50M. Russians etc. will just snap shot the cupola with HEAT over and over anyway. It's funny but a E5 having a hull down HEAT snap contest against T-62A or 140 will probably lose, but people still claim its OP. 

 

nah.

62A and 140 will prolly lose cuz they don't really have better armor than E5 hulldown. It is only when in a flat ground fight that E5 will lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it really is... it's because the people who drive them? Hmm... the tank itself, the little MG port on top got a buff, so it's a tad harder to pen, but other than that... not that hard.

It's most dangerous when played like... mid distance really, for the 122 guns that don't have the accuracy to carefully place their shots, while the E5's can just shoot back with their higher DPM and 400 alpha. 


I think it's the drivers. It has OK speed for a heavy, pretty good gun+handling, and at the right distance, can be abused since it's weakspots are much less prevalent than other tanks (can't spam gold and auto pen front, if hull down and expect to pen). However, it falls just like any other heavy when it gets swarmed. Actually the sides are really really bad lol.

It's other wild red headed cousin is the 113. The 113 is faster, and same dpm, just the armor layout is different.

 

- Just a shitter's $0.02 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matross said:

I don't think it really is... it's because the people who drive them? Hmm... the tank itself, the little MG port on top got a buff, so it's a tad harder to pen, but other than that... not that hard.

It's most dangerous when played like... mid distance really, for the 122 guns that don't have the accuracy to carefully place their shots, while the E5's can just shoot back with their higher DPM and 400 alpha. 


I think it's the drivers. It has OK speed for a heavy, pretty good gun+handling, and at the right distance, can be abused since it's weakspots are much less prevalent than other tanks (can't spam gold and auto pen front, if hull down and expect to pen). However, it falls just like any other heavy when it gets swarmed. Actually the sides are really really bad lol.

It's other wild red headed cousin is the 113. The 113 is faster, and same dpm, just the armor layout is different.

 

- Just a shitter's $0.02 

Any tank can get swarmed. This one has the armor and DPM to punish the people who try to do so and it will do a lot of dmg before it falls. 

 

Also a good player won't let himself get swarmed unless the game is already lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matross said:

It's other wild red headed cousin is the 113. The 113 is faster, and same dpm, just the armor layout is different.

 

113 suffers unreliable ufp, autopen lfp, legendary frontal ammorack + driver + fuel tank

in exchange of mobility and 200 more DPM.

which is...not really worth it? if this thing doesn't get those module damage it would be excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Also there are situations that an E5 should avoid, where it can be wrecked by another tank: an example of such is an E5 vs an E100; if the E100 is able to trade 1 on 1 it wins flat out.

I LOVE facing E 100s with an E5 - biggest XP pinata at tier 10 apart from a Maus and Type 5. The E 100 has to very carefully aim at your cupola whilst you can literally snap HEAT at this turret face - even angled, if you shoot low enough - over and over again. I've killed E 100s from full hp with losing any of my own hp whilst they've been shooting HEAT numerous times.

E 100s are incredibly weak against E5s I find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.