1,145 posts in this topic

The links for sandbox application have gone up (RSR has the links for your relevant server).

There are no requirements beyond signing up if anyone is curious, WG apparently is just going to pick a group from the people who bother registering. Also it appears there will be several iterations of the sandbox, with each iteration involving different people. Basically going to be a clusterfuck, but it should be a fun one :Cirno:

Do you have to install a separate client for this or it just a special server that you connect to?

I wonder how WG is going to actually handle the testing.  Will they actually tell people what to test and ask for feedback in a regular manner or will people just go and fuck around like in the test server? 

In any case, I think this is probably on the nose-

36 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

Do you have to install a separate client for this or it just a special server that you connect to?

IIRC it's a separate client, there's been "official" rumours of a ~2.5 Gb download needed.

39 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

Probably the first one.

Mfw "it's done when it's done"

:feelsbad:

wg pls y u say dis

1 hour ago, Covalent said:

IIRC it's a separate client, there's been "official" rumours of a ~2.5 Gb download needed.

In that case, it isn't worth the effort.  I doubt this is any more than a public relations stunt to make players feel like they have some say in what happens. 

10 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

In that case, it isn't worth the effort.  I doubt this is any more than a public relations stunt to make players feel like they have some say in what happens. 

Almost every game does this, and WG even admitted in the video that arty itself is a paradx in that it doesn't do what it was meant to do, and actually does the opposite. 

It's a good idea, and the fact that there is a sandbox server coming up shows that WG is willing to improve and actually listen to players.

Can confirm it's a second client.  I don't know how the whole download looks, but the SD part seems to be 1339 MB.  That could just be part of what you need to play and not the whole thing, but no one has taught me how to read Russian yet.

EDIT: the advertised 2.5 GB is correct.  I see there is a second part that's 1159 MB for the SD client.

A quick looks makes me think while tier 8s are in the test, they weren't really changed much, same with arty.  

Gun and vision characteristics seem the most changed to me so far.  The T-62 gets 300dmg at 4k dpm for AP with a 1.4 sec aim time, but shit view range at ~300.  The Fatton gets ~400 view range and 400 dmg at 3k dpm.  Leo has a mere 350 dmg at 2.5k dpm along with only 330 view range.  However, the Leo gets 0.14 accuracy, 1.4 aim time, and 330 AP pen.  

Most other tier 10 tanks get ~250 AP pen, then HEAT that trades more pen for less damage.  For example, the T110E5 dmg/pen is 400/260 for AP and 312/284 HEAT, the E-100 at 700/250 AP 560/259 HEAT.  I expect these values to change a lot, but I like seeing tier 10 get some variety, plus spremo trading dmg for pen instead of being a pure upgrade.

Who knows if they will follow through, but the tenor of the video is promising.

Omg that HEAT balance is the best thing I've read all year.

Obviously the exact values are fucked, marginal pen increase is useless, but just the fact that they are seriously trying is incredible.

20 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

E-100 at 700/250 AP 560/259 HEAT.

lol

1 hour ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Can confirm it's a second client.  I don't know how the whole download looks, but the SD part seems to be 1339 MB.  That could just be part of what you need to play and not the whole thing, but no one has taught me how to read Russian yet.

EDIT: the advertised 2.5 GB is correct.  I see there is a second part that's 1159 MB for the SD client.

A quick looks makes me think while tier 8s are in the test, they weren't really changed much, same with arty.  

Gun and vision characteristics seem the most changed to me so far.  The T-62 gets 300dmg at 4k dpm for AP with a 1.4 sec aim time, but shit view range at ~300.  The Fatton gets ~400 view range and 400 dmg at 3k dpm.  Leo has a mere 350 dmg at 2.5k dpm along with only 330 view range.  However, the Leo gets 0.14 accuracy, 1.4 aim time, and 330 AP pen.  

Most other tier 10 tanks get ~250 AP pen, then HEAT that trades more pen for less damage.  For example, the T110E5 dmg/pen is 400/260 for AP and 312/284 HEAT, the E-100 at 700/250 AP 560/259 HEAT.  I expect these values to change a lot, but I like seeing tier 10 get some variety, plus spremo trading dmg for pen instead of being a pure upgrade.

What about heavy tanks' VR? Did that remain the same or did they nerf that too?

I'm holding out on the hope that all these WG arty rebalance hints dropped by the staff is just them being cheeky about removing it.

Sry if i missed something, but how did you get access to it and if one gets accepted how do they inform you? Mail?

Spoiler

tx9UVWc.gif

Can't wait when this great rebalance hit live server. I'm sure they will abandon good changes and kill the last things keeping WoT worthwhile. 

58 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

What about heavy tanks' VR? Did that remain the same or did they nerf that too?

They're "nerfed" as well and at pretty much the same level as mediums.  Mediums are actually a little better, they're just brought down by all of the hovermeds with 300m view range.  Here's a list of average tier 10 view ranges by class.  

Arty: 298
TD: 348
Med: 354
Heavy: 356
Lights (T8): 430

The Czech thing has the best view range at 430m, then the bat chat and fatton are in third at 400m.  Interestingly, the batchat gets the same movement camo bonus as a light, leaving the TVP 50/51 and bat chat as pseudo lights.

Also, it looks like high alpha guns are being tamed a little.  183mm retard cannon does 1000 dmg now, Jagdzilla does 950, ~150mm guns do 700, but the Japanese 140mm does 650 now.  Oddly enough, the tier 10 American TDs do 400 dmg now, but the tier 9s still do 700.

Premium/reward tanks, as well as the FV 215b 120 aren't revamped.

2 hours ago, KingYoshiLuca said:

lol

Leo 1 has HEAT that's worse in pen and damage compared to its AP, though I blame that on the silly high AP pen it currently has.

45 minutes ago, Medjed said:

Sry if i missed something, but how did you get access to it and if one gets accepted how do they inform you? Mail?

Super Sekret cat ninja powers

While I maintain my "monopoly" on this stuff right now, a day or two from now I won't.  I just don't want to be the first one posting the Super Sekret things.  I don't think they've looked through applications yet.

Edited by TheMostComfortableTanker
More info on view ranges

E-100 at 700/250 AP 560/259 HEAT.

VYDMGmI.jpg

16 minutes ago, Medjed said:

He's involved with other wargaming stuff already (he has an ISU-130), so they probably gave him priority.

29 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Super Sekret cat ninja powers

While I maintain my "monopoly" on this stuff right now, a day or two from now I won't.  I just don't want to be the first one posting the Super Sekret things.  I don't think they've looked through applications yet.

Orly?

idk... I feel most of the major outstanding issues people tend to have with the game (arta, bonkers OP tanks, shit maps) could be resolved without fucking up the entire game. This whole "global rebalance" seems to be kind of carpet bombing style and doesn't really address those 3 problems but turns the game upside down instead.

Not going to lie, the 105mm L7 firing the same ammo from the same gun now doing different damage and pen is seriously annoying from a logic standpoint. 

I do however understand the balance and differentiation arguments.